Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what is going in at Arlington Village where Chrissy's use to be? I've heard rumors of an 'upscale Mexican Resturant' that is in the Raleigh / Charlotte area...but nothing confirmed.

The Creamery place uptown looks like it might actually be able to make it down there & be a nice addition to Uptown. Nothing seems to make it in that location...the last place had good food, but the spot was bad considering Cubbies was across the street & they had a ghetto spray painted logo on the window...not encouraging the everyday person to walk in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Don't know what's happening with the new Wal Mart, but the old one seems to be going under a bit of a remodel, including some construction where the jewelry counter is/was.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:19 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Someone in the city council needs to look at this site and analyze some of the information. They're job is to serve what the people want, and they really aren't doing it too well in my opinion. They're almost wasting money doing some of things that want to build just because that's what they believe is "right" for Greenville. (I know that was random, but I'm pretty sure we can all agree to the statement).

Now aside from that, the Virginia Beach Field House idea is genius for Greenville. If we are "Sports City USA" or whatever it is on every sign when you enter Greenville, then we should stop devoting so much of our focus JUST on ECU, but actually bringing up the youth. On the other hand, I do believe Greenville is attempting to make a better recreational department. Maybe you should message City Council, the City Planner, and/or etc and tell them about it. They may take it into consideration. Never know.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 PM

22 posts, read 45,498 times
Walked by the creamery place downtown today and I also have high hopes it will be able to make it. Reading about the couple opening it they seem to be the most qualified in terms of experience compared to past tenants.

Another frozen yogurt shop spotted! Yummy Yogurt I believe it was called has a sign up on that shopping plaza near the corner of Memorial and Firetower. It's the new one they just built that has the Subway in it. Also, Peppermints is opening their second location on 10th street in 4 weeks and has been polling people on their Facebook for where they should open a 3rd location.

A Chic-Fil-A has been rumored to be going behind or beside that new shopping center near the corner of Memorial and Firetower. I have heard this from several sources but haven't seen anything concrete.

Another rumor about Fresh Market closing. Not that reliable, but my mother in laws friends friend owns or manages the property and he said they did not renew their lease. I know this has been discussed previously and refuted, but just thought it was interesting. I hope they stay! I feel that Cheddars being there will help them out.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,803 times
I'm sure Fresh Market is disappointed that none of the nearby stores have been filled with tenants. It could be that they're fishing for a new location (Fresh Market has been known to switch locations). I feel they're business was pretty decent, actually.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
The new section of the Greenway is completely paved. I don't think it is "officially" opened yet.

A new police substation is going on old Tobacco Road in southwest Greenville.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM

About the Field House, Greenville has Aquatics & Fitness Center and Sports Connection. I haven't been to either, but both are indoor.

Also, it is hard to compare Virginia Beach to Greenville. Virginia Beach is larger than Atlanta and Raleigh. Greenville isn't anywhere close to their size. So they have the ability to build something large like that. Would something else be nice? Of course.

Also, e-mail your council person. I've e-mailed mine numerous times and I always receive a quick response.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Here is a new rendering to me of the Children's Hospital at night

Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM

I believe Greene and White Dorms on campus will receive an exterior facelift. It should be done by next year.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Has anyone heard of a proposed Magnet school in west Greenville? It would be 5th St on the north, I believe the railroad line to the west, parallel with 9th St for the south, follow Dickerson to Pitt for the east border.

I am not sure how we are with schools, but this would be a great thing to have. But you're pretty much saying no to heavy commercial development on Dickerson. But this investment could help other development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina