Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 05:31 PM

22 posts, read 45,498 times

Advertisements

I just read a CNN article about how McDonald's was going to redo all of their locations to be more modern on the inside with couches, televisions, etc. I thought they would just renovate the inside, but I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
McDonalds has the funds to build new locations. Its a wise investment for them to do rebuild every location to maximize there potential for money.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:24 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
McDonalds has the funds to build new locations. Its a wise investment for them to do rebuild every location to maximize there potential for money.
It's not McDonald's that pays. It's the local franchiser. Here's more info on just who actually owns the McDonald's restaurants.

Purchasing Your Franchise - About McDonald's

Old 05-22-2011, 07:43 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jne7043 View Post
I just read a CNN article about how McDonald's was going to redo all of their locations to be more modern on the inside with couches, televisions, etc. I thought they would just renovate the inside, but I guess not.
Sounds like the McCafe near campus. They bulldozed it a few years ago and did the same thing

Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
The new Family Medicine Center won't be seeing patients until at least July now

Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 PM

71 posts, read 291,243 times
BoneyardBanter.com - Banter Message Board Message (http://www.boneyardbanter.com/message_board/banter/2011/May/24/1067517.php - broken link)

If you want to see some good pictures of the new ECU Dental School go here:

Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
there is a sign up for a Pizza Buffet opening where Fudruckers use to be on Firetower...I think it was called something like Pizzaville or some other cheezy name. The Mexican place on 10th in front of campus has opened, basically the same thing that use to be there, just different Mexican name. Popeye's should be opening soon out by the hospital.

I predict the Big Daddy's Pizzeria on 10th st. will be closed before the end of the year...every time I ride by...no one there. Horrible location, esp with students out.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I predict the Big Daddy's Pizzeria on 10th st. will be closed before the end of the year...every time I ride by...no one there. Horrible location, esp with students out.
Nothing works there, yet people keep trying. Must have a cheap lease.

Just driving on Greenville Blvd. I noticed that Irish pub (former Matzalan location, I think) and the Exxon station (corner of Evans) have both closed.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
wow - the Irish Pub didn't last long at all. Those locations are really tough to pull off. There is a reason that Wendy's didn't work over there, yet people will give it an old honest shot. The Tabeya place is supposed to be pretty good...but again, that location is so hard to get into & out of because of traffic, going to be tough to make it there. Those restaurants need additional street access instead of G-Ville Blvd. Other wise they might as well bulldoze them & build something new.

I saw they cleaned off the corner of Arlington Village where that steak restaurant & other restaurants have failed time & time again. They cut down a tree possibly for better visibility? They need to allow whomever gets that spot to put up a marquee sign on the corner...otherwise the casual driver-by will never notice it or think about it. Nothing has worked there...I think they need to change the spot over to retail space or let the new restaurant add some umph to the outside to make that spot noticeably different than the rest of Arlington Village. It's always been just a name posted on the side of the building & on the door...needs to be eye-catching as much traffic flows through that intersection everyday. The right concept could possibly make it if they'd allow that.

I was surprised that Uncle Yammy's closed as well...yet another location that can't seem to hold businesses...yet Moe's seems to make it somehow.

Last edited by jpirate; 05-25-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: nn

Old 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Am I the only one who remember's that Downtown Ayden was supposed to get a renovation, also am I the only one who remembers Miami Sub?
(random questions but I just thought of them a few minutes ago)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina