Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
A Mall like North Hills in Raleigh would be Nice, I wish they would tear down the Greenville Mall and close Kohls and move it to the Greenville Mall (I know that won't happen), make the shopping center mixed use with about 60 stores. Ahhhh it's good to dream!
I know you've been to the Annapolis Mall. 60 stores isn't even one wing there. A lot of the Blue Hairs can't even make one lap around the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 AM

11 posts, read 18,520 times
That construction in front of the rehab building at the hospital is for the new childrens hospital. Or so I was told by someone that works at the hospital. Has anyone checked out that new store Ollies Bargain Store ( I think that is what it is called)? I heard it was across from Hastings Ford. Never been to one but sounds like a Big Lots or Menards. I think Greenville could support an outdoor shopping center (like Market Common in MB or North Hills in Raleigh). With as many transplants that move in to Greenville, we need it.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,803 times
Developers are having a hard time getting financing right now. I think it'll take some time but there will be more development in Greenville over the next couple of years.

My predictions for new stores (not based on any inside knowledge) - Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and HH Gregg. I could also see a Trader Joe's coming and potentially a Costco.

Again, just my thoughts and not based on any inside info.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgal View Post
That construction in front of the rehab building at the hospital is for the new childrens hospital. Or so I was told by someone that works at the hospital. Has anyone checked out that new store Ollies Bargain Store ( I think that is what it is called)? I heard it was across from Hastings Ford. Never been to one but sounds like a Big Lots or Menards. I think Greenville could support an outdoor shopping center (like Market Common in MB or North Hills in Raleigh). With as many transplants that move in to Greenville, we need it.
I couldn't find time to ask anyone this week. Thanks for confirming this. I wish they would do a news story on this. Since UHS/PCMH is a private organization, it is harder to find out what is going on.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM

The Friends of the Greenville Greenway installed 13 trash cans, eight park benches and two picnic tables on the current South Tar River Greenway. I know they are currently looking for donations to install more, once the second phase gets built

Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I know you've been to the Annapolis Mall. 60 stores isn't even one wing there. A lot of the Blue Hairs can't even make one lap around the whole thing.
I def have! I've only been there once though, and it's one of the biggest malls I've been too! But Greenville can't support a mall that large, we can barley support what we have if you ask me but that's only bc nobody likes to shop in greenville.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:

I guess I should have looked on the Children's Hospital webpage to look for updates.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Greenville has def stepped up it's architecture, if you know what I mean! That doesn't look like any building that Greenville would/will have! But check this out:

The Daily Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/news/upgrade-options-chancellors-residence-debated-37014 - broken link)

SMFH

Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Greenville has def stepped up it's architecture, if you know what I mean! That doesn't look like any building that Greenville would/will have! But check this out:

The Daily Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/news/upgrade-options-chancellors-residence-debated-37014 - broken link)

SMFH
The Chancellors house?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:

So the Regional Rehabilitation Center is the building behind the construction. They just got on facebook and made this wall posting

"We are excited that construction is underway for the new Loop Road! However, it is making parking a little more complex for our outpatients and visitors. Our outpatients and visitors can park in the main visitors' parking lot without being charged a fee. Be sure to contact a staff member while in the Rehab Center in... order to find out how park without being charged."

So it seems like it is construction for a new road. This road may be one of the first "pre-projects" for the Childrens Hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina