Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 75,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
lol don't get it confused, I approve of a roundabout but not here. I actually like and know how to use them, but that doesn't many everyone here knows how to use them. In fact I'll make a bet that the majority of people here do not know how to use them.

And I'm very serious about a instructional video, I'm not sure about you but I'd rather people know what the hell there doing in a roundabout rather than driving in it ignorantly, hoping not to get hit.

And your right if I were at the roundabout myself and someone didn't know how to use it there's no turning back but that's NOT what I meant. I'm saying I'm never driving through that roundabout, if people cant handle the simply one at Best Buy, I don't expect them to know how to use this new one on a road. Like I've said in the past people don't know how to use a 4-Way so they won't know how to use a roundabout so a instructional video would be necessary in my opinion.

But have a nice day, that post from earlier wasn't meant to make you angry.
Oh no, I'm not angry. We can disagree and still have a conversation. I guess we just see things differently on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
I wish people did know how to use them, I believe they reduce the severity of accidents but fender benders are much more common in them. And I hate that our traffic lights aren't syn'd right especially on Memorial Blvd.

And I bet if I opened my own version of Dave and Busters with unhealthy food it would be a lot more profitable than a health foods store, especially in Greenville haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
Oh no, I'm not angry. We can disagree and still have a conversation. I guess we just see things differently on this issue.
Agreed. We both want progress in Greenville but I just don't believe its (roundabouts) totally necessary at the moment. Because this is a pretty simple roundabout that they are planning to build and its not two lanes from what I can see, I believe it won't be too bad.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
I remember driving to Atlantic City Airport where there are circles. I always got behind the person that would come to a full stop before going around the circle, while the traffic coming from the right was a couple of thousand feet away.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 AM

286 posts, read 653,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I remember driving to Atlantic City Airport where there are circles. I always got behind the person that would come to a full stop before going around the circle, while the traffic coming from the right was a couple of thousand feet away.
And that's what the horn is for.

People learn... takes some time but they do.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:35 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
The Best Buy roundabout is small and in a parking lot. Larger roundabouts are much easier to use.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
And that's what the horn is for.
I've been using my horn a lot more lately. I'm just getting sick to death of waiting for people to move.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:01 PM

895 posts, read 2,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
By the nature of our roads, traffic coming towards you from inside the circle is always on the left; it only comes at you from the right if you are in the circle already, and since everyone in the circle has the right of way over those approaching... except in the UK!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
That is exactly what I meant, we were already in the circle trying to go around and the person in front of me just stopped for no apparent reason, it happened all of the time. Yes, I could have used my horn & then he/she would look at me in the mirror, meanwhile the cars coming from the right, that were a distance away were now on top of the cars coming through the circle.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM

54 posts, read 75,656 times
bmoreboy this is exactly the kind of place I would want to open but ECU of course.

sammysncsu.com

Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
bmoreboy this is exactly the kind of place I would want to open but ECU of course.

sammysncsu.com
Featuring the NC State Steelers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina