Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

So I found a page for the Long Range Planning for the NC Parks system.

There is a park proposed as part of New Parks for a New Century in northern Pitt County. Any idea what or where exactly this could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM

286 posts, read 653,279 times
It's called the Bethel-Grindle Hardwood Flats

My guess is in this area:
Google Maps

Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Default Downtown Greenville Pics

http://photobucket.com/downtowngreenvillenc

The week before Easter I had started a photo project of downtown Greenville in B&W 35mm film. I encountered a camera issue and then a lab disaster (which required a partial do-over), but I finally finished a few days ago. I had started this project just before we had our ballpark/revitalization discussion. This album includes all of downtown, but there are many shots of the areas which we discussed. The color photos towards the end are add-ons from my iPhone, as I had run through my B&W film supply. I may just go digital soon, so I didn't want to buy more film. I hope you enjoy. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
It's called the Bethel-Grindle Hardwood Flats

My guess is in this area:
Google Maps
Cool stuff.

One this is true about that map I posted. There is a huge void of state parks around Greenville, which sucks. I would love to see more of the Tar River banks turned into a state park.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:00 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post

The week before Easter I had started a photo project of downtown Greenville in B&W 35mm film. I encountered a camera issue and then a lab disaster (which required a partial do-over), but I finally finished a few days ago. I had started this project just before we had our ballpark/revitalization discussion. This album includes all of downtown, but there are many shots of the areas which we discussed. The color photos towards the end are add-ons from my iPhone, as I had run through my B&W film supply. I may just go digital soon, so I didn't want to buy more film. I hope you enjoy. Thanks.
Great photos! Thanks for posting.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 AM

45 posts, read 75,165 times
Quote:

That photo of the Pugh's Tire sign is EVERYTHING!

Well done!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM

Thank you emelvee and herringj06!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I would give you some rep points for the pictures but it won't let me, but anyways those pictures were awesome and very urban. They helped me realize that Greenville may need to step away from trying to preserve every building Downtown, some of them just aren't worth it to me. We should brand and preserve Evans Street as our Main Street and attempt to make the surrounding streets more pedestrian friendly.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I would give you some rep points for the pictures but it won't let me, but anyways those pictures were awesome and very urban. They helped me realize that Greenville may need to step away from trying to preserve every building Downtown, some of them just aren't worth it to me. We should brand and preserve Evans Street as our Main Street and attempt to make the surrounding streets more pedestrian friendly.
Thank you! And I agree about not saving everything. I'm more into selective preservation.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Thank you! And I agree about not saving everything. I'm more into selective preservation.
It would be A OK with me if a tornado came through and selectively took out all the buildings around 5th/Cotanche/Evans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina