Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 09:14 PM

228 posts, read 601,227 times

Advertisements

The Stratford Arms Apartments are being torn down! Please tell me the property will be used for more than just extra parking lots for tailgating...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 AM

286 posts, read 653,200 times
Are those apartments really a big loss? They were pretty old and not all that nice.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
i believe that for now that lot will be parking...from what I heard ECU didn't yet have an intended purpose for the area, but I'm sure it will turn into more than parking at some point in time.

Hard to turn down that much land in that location when it went up for sale.

That place was old & dumpy so I'm glad to see it razed.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Spent a little time back in Greenville the past two weekends - first time to drop off a car that needed body work done (to fix a repair job done in Greenville when we lived there), second time to pick up the car after the work was complete.

First trip, we ate at Cheddar's. We enjoyed it, though it was loud. Prices seemed reasonable, food was good - nothing amazing, but we would eat there again (don't think there is a location near us in Winston-Salem). We drove around Greenville and Winterville, just seeing what's new in the area; stopped by our old neighborhood.

This past weekend, we just ate at Checker's...primarily for the fries. lol. No other Checker's around that I'm aware of. We also had frozen yogurt at Loreta's. It was good, and all the toppings were kind of neat. Hadn't been to a frozen yogurt shop like this before. I hope a couple of the yogurt places stick around long-term.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM

45 posts, read 75,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
The Stratford Arms Apartments are being torn down! Please tell me the property will be used for more than just extra parking lots for tailgating...
Here is a link to an article from The East Carolinian about the purchase of the property. A quote toward the bottom mentions that ECU will require all freshman to live on campus so it may be used for parking. ECU hasn't officially announced anything about this requirement so its just hearsay at this point.

Stratford Arms to be demolished | The East Carolinian

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM

45 posts, read 75,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
Here is a link to an article from The East Carolinian about the purchase of the property. A quote toward the bottom mentions that ECU will require all freshman to live on campus so it may be used for parking. ECU hasn't officially announced anything about this requirement so its just hearsay at this point.

Stratford Arms to be demolished | The East Carolinian
I stand corrected.

ECU will require ALL freshman to live on campus beginning this Fall.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 AM

286 posts, read 653,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
I stand corrected.

ECU will require ALL freshman to live on campus beginning this Fall.
Well that's sure to turn away some prospective students. At least they're letting them bring cars.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
O'Charley's Restaurant In Greenville Closes

O'Charley's closes!

Old 05-21-2012, 11:15 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
^ shocker ---- ok, not really. I really liked their food but with so many other places like that in town I only went a few times because it was never a memorable dining experience.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:52 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I never liked Charlie's but it's still bad that they closed, I guess it's time for us to speculate which restaurant will move there. I would love for a Bahama Breeze to pen there if renovated but I don't think they open new restaurants anymore and our market may be too small for them.

But has anyone ever been to this health foods store in the Carolinian Center (I believe that's the name of it, it's directly across the street from Kohls), the store is beside the DMV. Well anyways I've never been but the store is always packed every time o do see it, do you guys think a store similar to that would do good in Uptown? I have no experience with business but I've always said that I would open a small health foods store someday and I realized Uptown would be the perfect location. If that health foods store that isn't even visible by road, and not in a very diserable shopping center can do well, then I'm positive Uptown would be support it well but anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by BMORE; 05-21-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina