Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 AM

54 posts, read 75,597 times

Advertisements

phil a delphia lets hope 4th and tavern isnt going anywhere soon as it is the best bar in greenville that plays live music and is upscale especially compared to some of the other clubs. I do agree that many different places could pop up in the next few years to take over that are not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
phil a delphia lets hope 4th and tavern isnt going anywhere soon as it is the best bar in greenville that plays live music and is upscale especially compared to some of the other clubs. I do agree that many different places could pop up in the next few years to take over that are not now.
It was just an example, one that I chose specifically because of its ample adjacent parking. You and a lot of other people can consider 4th St. Tavern the best bar in town, but Boli's went from being voted best pizza several years in a row to being shut down - and as a regular there I can tell you the product did not change. Business can be fickle, they come and go. I wish 4th St. no demise at all. Businesses = jobs = larger tax base.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM

fair enough. Another thing we need IMO and something I would like to do one day if I made the money is to make a true ECU restaurant/bar downtown. We have a pretty good assortment of bars and restaruants downtown and around greenville but none are really ECU themed. Itd be a place that could cater to the family and older crowd, as well as college kids. Basically like carolina ale house but painted purple and gold and would be downtown. Also itd have live music and stuff on the weekends.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:07 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
If my store turns out to be profitable within the first 2-3 years, I'll be glad to partner up with you on opening a ECU themed restaurant as long as the police presence downtown increases and crime decreases.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

Definitely a dream for me right now but once I get settled with a job here in the next few months I will see how I will do financially. Hopefully the evans street streetscape improvements get going as I would love to put the restauarant where the thai place is or across the street at the community arts building thing.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:15 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Well, we have the Pirates Den and A.J. McMurphy's briefly converted to Pirates Pub. The difference in being a pirate themed bar and being ECU Pirate is trademark and licensing issues. They'd have to share the wealth with the university. Not likely to happen.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
A large portion of the Minges parking lot is fenced off. I'm assuming the new basketball facility construction will begin soon.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 PM

I was uptown earlier today and I'm beginning to identify why it isn't up to par with most city centers. Our Uptown area has too many stand-alone buildings and not enough in-fill development; as I stated a few days ago we cannot be afraid to demolish buildings that are deemed insignificant so within 25 years I expect a decent of those buildings to be demolished. The amount of green space is pathetic if you exclude Town Commons which is mediocre anyways. I promise if I were mayor/city planner of Greenville uptown would be desirable within the next 10 years, we need more private/public partnerships.

But in other development news, I believe a new apartment complex is going to be built on Hooker Road where I believe a old Frat House is. This is the location:

Untitled by bmoreboy96, on Flickr

Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
New entrance sign in Greenville that I mentioned a few weeks back

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Nice! I like that sign, didn't the university medical sign use to be there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina