Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

looks like they are starting on the round-a-bout on portertown / firetower. They've had clearing limits staked out for awhile, today they were working on cutting down a few trees on the corner of Portertown. When finished this will really make a difference with traffic at that intersection...turning left onto Portertown is horrible & will only get worse with WalMart.

Also noticed a excavator at the gas station on the corner of Greenville Blvd. / Evans Street..the one that has been closed for awhile now. Wondering if they are going to tear it down or dig up the fuel tanks? Hoping they are tearing it down & building something else..or just expanding that bolden auto place since they seem to use that lot anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,389 times
^Correct, utility relocation has begun ahead of construction of the roundabout.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM

I see the state has denied funding for the dream park in west Greenville...now Rose Glover wants the City to fund the other $250,000 that won't be funded.

The Daily Reflector

I have to say - I was ok with this if the funding came through...but I'm not in favor of this without the funding. I don't think this dream park is going to make that section of town any better...just my opinion.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
^ true, I'd rather the money be spent on programs to help those areas instead of a park wher murders, drug connects, and etc will occur. I'm really surprised no-one locally will donate the $250k or at least donate something towards it. I think Greenville is trying to take on too many areas at one to rehabilitate, first we should start downtown, and gradually fix those other areas as funding increases.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 AM

33 posts, read 69,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
^Correct, utility relocation has begun ahead of construction of the roundabout.
I was wondering what they were doing. I heard the rumors of a round a bout, which would be awesome if they people around here can figure out how to use it. I'm getting so sick of sitting there only to see the oncoming cars from turn right onto Firetower without figuring out how to turn their blinker on so that I know I can turn left.

I assume it will be done before Walmart is up though. Any confirmation on when they will start?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 PM

Exactly! Must of us don't know how to use them, must of us don't even know how to do a Four-Way, I don't know why they think a Roundabout would be genius. I personally love roundabouts but it's a little scary driving into one when other cars don't know what to do (this especially revelant at the roundabout by Best Buy, I can't tell you how badly I scream at the people who dont know how to use it for they almost made me have a accident on multiple occasions).

Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 AM

45 posts, read 75,165 times
Photo update - Children's Hospital
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-photo.jpg   Greenville Area Developments-photo2.jpg  

Old 05-14-2012, 07:11 AM

wow - the children's hospital is looking really nice. It's amazing what has happened on the medical campus area in the past 10 years...too bad the rest of the city hasn't maintained that growth...that seems to be picking back up slowly.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 AM

31 posts, read 56,855 times
Any current rumors about a mall similar to North Hills in Raleigh coming to Greenville? That would be ideal, as many have discussed in prior posts.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM

The Childrens Hospital is coming along great! And regarding a shopping center similar to North Hills coming here hasn't been proposed or even thought of yet. If it were to be ever built, where do you think it will prosper at? I would've loved if the 11 Galleria (where Kohls, Dicks, etc are) was like that. But I think we are overdue for a project like that because now New Bern of all places is getting a multi-billion dollar project that seems like I will be sort of like North Hills from my understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina