Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM

286 posts, read 653,483 times

Advertisements

Some kind of construction work is being done at old Fuddruckers/Tastyville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 AM

77 posts, read 150,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
No! Don't do it! You're destined for failure!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
Red Robin or Brixx Pizza would do well there Fudrucker's Classic Cheeseburger was $10.95 back in 1990 & just the name Tastyville--- turned us off (Sanitary Restaurant---No!)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
There has been a Wasabi 88 vehicle parked there for the past 2 days, and they have begun clearing out all the old furniture.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
i noticed today that they have torn down the old Boss Hog's place on 14th street (corner of 14th & G-ville Blvd) along with the other building behind it that use to be Hite & Associates Architecture I believe back in the day. I saw they had a for rent sign on it earlier in the year...clearing that mess out is the best thing they could have done. Will be interested to see what if anything goes there..just an empty lot looks better than that old ratty building.
A lot of building around that would do well becoming a vacant lot instead.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
Well, if Wasabi 88 moves to that location, I think that might actually be a good move for them. Fudrucker's probably would have done alright there if their burgers weren't so darn expensive. Tastyville was a horrible idea from the get go, no business even opening that place.

I had never been to Wasabi until about a year ago & I was blown away how freaking good & nice of a place it was...I felt like I wasn't in greenville anymore when I was inside...trouble is their location is pretty horrible imo...i only tried them due to word of mouth. I'll go eat there no matter were they are located though.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:41 PM

33 posts, read 69,706 times
The Portertown/Firetower roundabout works excellently. I'm sure the morons in this city will find a way to run in to another car on it but overall it is darn near impossible to get into a significantly dangerous wreck the way it is designed. I'm so happy I don't have d-bags pulling forward on my right so that I can't see if any cars are coming to turn left onto Portertown. Plus it is so much faster to navigate the intersection and get where you wan to go from basically every direction.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:50 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Man View Post
You never know who is watching,
So, are you the Greenville franchise owner of Noodles & Co.?

Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
I heard TGI Fridays was going in between Ruby Tuesday and First Flight in 11 Galleria.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
I heard TGI Fridays was going in between Ruby Tuesday and First Flight in 11 Galleria.
Too many restaurants saturated into a shopping center with very limited retail. The rent for the units beside the Fresh Market need to drop, none of us know how much they are charging but it must be high. TGI seems a bit more realistic for Greenvilke rather than The Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs.

In regards to the traffic circle, it's great that it seems to be working well. I was hesitant about the city moving to roundabouts because I feared the safety of others but if it's working great as you say, then let's keep it and maybe even embrace it in other parts of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina