Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I hear Armadillo Grill closed...which is disappointing...they had good food, but were never that busy when I'd go it...plus they were a bit pricey for me without a coupon.
I heard from a regular patron that the owner tried to pull in the older people to there. Like the people who go to the Wednesdays Uptown Market, or even the grad school type. It is sad to see it go.

This is why the uptown needs to diversify their base more. An influx of 100+ professionals (i.e. the Pitt County Government), would do wonders for uptown. All of the secondary spinoff businesses would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Not if the damn thing starts all the way down below Ayden. No one will actually uses it.
There are multiple entrances to that freeway. And I would think the roads with interchanges would receive a big makeover, especially on the city side. Lastly, even if you wouldn't take the bypass, other people would. Which would make your commute on Memorial easier.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Pitt-Greenville Airport is extending the runway by 670 feet solving the FAA's safety concerns. The 670ft extension was the largest option. Glad to see progress here.

Pitt-Greenville Airport Decides On Runway Extension Plans

Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 PM

How bout an:

Official Greenville Area Developments Rumored/Unconfirmed Restaurant list
  • PF Changs
  • Cheesecake Factory
  • Carrabba's

Any others that there is a rumor for, but nothing official?

Old 08-14-2012, 04:49 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
I had emailed PF Changs back last Winter and they emailed me back saying that it is just a rumor.

I do know from speaking to our Attorney, Vet & regular Physicians they are all looking forward to the opening of Bonefish Grill. It seems that there is a focus on this side of town toward Winterville.

The Pizza Place DaVinney's in Winterville, that was in the strip Mall with Chico's that has been vacant for a couple of years has a new tenant, Bubba's Burgers.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
The owner of bonefish grill has set up office across from the mall he said Carabbas was looking at locations and will open next year.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I had emailed PF Changs back last Winter and they emailed me back saying that it is just a rumor.
I remember seeing that. But I assume they keep everything pretty close to the chest, until everything is a done deal. Or maybe I am hoping that, so it will come!

Old 08-14-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
The owner of bonefish grill has set up office across from the mall he said Carabbas was looking at locations and will open next year.
I didn't realize Bonefish Grill and Carrabba's Italian Grill are owned by the same company. As well as Outback Steakhouse.

Did they set up down at Galleria 9? So it is a foregone conclusion that Carrabba's is coming?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM

26 posts, read 50,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post

The Pizza Place DaVinney's in Winterville, that was in the strip Mall with Chico's that has been vacant for a couple of years has a new tenant, Bubba's Burgers.
I heard that Bubba's Burgers was going in there. Do you know if it's open? Anyone tried it?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
I've been researching intermodal centers because I really didn't understand what they were. (I'd never heard the term, always just called them 'stations,' as in Penn Station.) It seems that almost every (but not all) town that has one of these has passenger rail service. So I have to ask if Greenville really needs a place that will basically be a glorified bus station? With their classrooms a considerable walking distance from the closest downtown street, I can't see ECU buses being a part of this. An ECU shuttle service for visitors, maybe, along with an airport shuttle and a hospital shuttle. I do see a small need for this, but not to the extent being planned. I have to wonder aloud if the city is pushing this mainly for the reason that a big project can be built downtown with the city being on the hook for only 10% of the startup cost?

But I'll play along here. How big does this center need to be? How many blocks will it take up? If the blocks surrounding Hams was too close for pedestrians' comfort as ECU claims, and the bankruptcy court taking most of the empty lot between the library and the Cupola building, will the corner of Dickinson and Reade be big enough to accommodate buses or will they simply line up along 8th and Dickinson? Why not choose to go halfway and buy out Marathon and the Thai (for now) restaurant and use that block? I read where the city asked BB&T if they would consider moving (they declined). If that lot is big enough, wouldn't Evans/Reade/8th (the Marathon block) be adequate? The city has stated that the current use of Reade just north of 4th for bus service has been successful, so why not consider the ECU parking lot on the west corner of 4th and Reade (which hopefully would complement a parking garage on 4th and Cotanche) for the intermodal center, especially if ECU does end up building their own rumored parking garage?

I don't know, maybe I just don't get the importance or urgency of this. If the city just wants to keep people out of the weather and offer them a bite to eat, why not just renovate Hams, make it a bus stop on the downtown route, and let cabs and shuttles park in the lot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina