Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 PM

38 posts, read 96,463 times

Advertisements

Oh I see in past post what a huhut is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
NEW INFO: PCMH Becoming Vidant Medical Center

Just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM

77 posts, read 150,804 times
Vidant is the present participle of the French vider, "to empty" or "to gut (like a fish)"

So it could be "Gutting Medical Center" or "Emptying Health System". LOL, do their marketing fools even bother to Google these things before they announce them?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:10 PM

232 posts, read 475,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk_md View Post
Vidant is the present participle of the French vider, "to empty" or "to gut (like a fish)"

So it could be "Gutting Medical Center" or "Emptying Health System". LOL, do their marketing fools even bother to Google these things before they announce them?
also latin for life, but yea i think its a terrible name

Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
absolutely terrible name, i understand that they want a name change with meaning but thishas no meaning for us. Did they forget that the hospital is located in Eastern NC? smh they could have at least named it after my username lol "BMORE BOY Hospital" jk, but it is a bad name. The part that sounds the worst in my opinion is "Pitt Memorial Building on the Vidant Medical Center's campus", why would it be named that?

Old 11-30-2011, 05:37 PM

107 posts, read 175,708 times
Somebody, please start a petition to stop the hospital from adopting this name. This name is atrocious (?) and is a name that can hardly be pronounced. How about Pitt Medical Center or ECU Medical Center, a name that can be associated with this area. This has got to be the most stupid name that they could possibly come up. No one in this area will ever call it that. Pitt Memorial Building! I bet they paid some consulting firm a hefty amount to come up with these idiotic names. Why not consult with the locals to come up with a better name?

Last edited by Cityadvocate; 11-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I don't believe they even hired a firm, they just looked through a dictionary and chose a word. It's a good word to use maybe somewhere in Europe but here it's not. "Pitt Memorial Building" just sounds idiotic, if we're put down on a list of best hospitals how would that look. Top 10 Hospitals for Heart Treatments ".5) Pitt Memorial Building..". I could've came up with something better, I wonder if they're changing the logo as well. (which I do like logo very much).

Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM

34 posts, read 44,410 times
It is almost like they want to avoid being associated with Eastern North Carolina. They are making this too complicated...

East Carolina (University) Medical Center (EASTMED)

Come on leadership...stop trying to be so creative!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM

77 posts, read 150,804 times
Default Other notes

Some problems with other suggested names:

"East Carolina Med Center" is very similar to the New Bern hospital recently renamed "Carolina East Med Center".

"Pitt Med Center" is very similar to the "University of Pittsburgh Medical Center" (in Pennsylvania).

Also to note: the hospital is owned by University/Vidant Health Systems and contracts for services with Brody SOM/ECU, so having ECU anywhere in the hospital name is highly unlikely. Although, I do like the idea of EASTMED for short.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
They hired a firm to come up with a name that means something else than they thought it was. And oh, the logo looks like the Belk logo. And gotta love the UNC and Duke blue colors in the name.

Almost like they forgot East Carolina is the sole reason this hospital isn't Lenior Memorial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina