Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

TDR had an editorial about economic development, and the multiple ways the mayor-elect and some members of the city council want to go about it.
The Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 PM

14 posts, read 22,130 times
Is it true that Dave and Busters is going into the old Circuit City?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:35 PM

38 posts, read 96,472 times
Default Old movie theater on 5th st

A friend of mine sent me a picture of of the old movie theater on 5th st across from the library with the sign up that had a movie playing.does anyone know anything about the old movie theater?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM

18 posts, read 25,263 times
Just read online that there is a new franchise called HuHot mongolian grill coming to town somewhere on Greenville blvd near Golden Corral. Looks delicious!!

Old 11-20-2011, 10:26 PM

107 posts, read 175,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
A friend of mine sent me a picture of of the old movie theater on 5th st across from the library with the sign up that had a movie playing.does anyone know anything about the old movie theater?
millina, The movie theater on 5th St. beside Winslow's Restaurant was White's Theater originally, then became the State Theater. It was the State Theater when I was growing up & I have many fond memories of going there. In the sixties, urban renewal took out five points (Dickinson Ave.) and the parking lot was constructed beside the library. After several years of closure, the theater was re-opened and the name was changed to the Park Theater. This theater has been purchased by the city with hopes of securing funding to restore it. The front facade will be pretty much restored to its original look ,except the entrance will be at street level, and the inside will be reconfigured for different types of shows & performances. It will not be restored to its original look. The theater you might be thinking of on Evans St., almost beside Cubbies where the parking lot is now was the site of the Pitt Theater. It was one of the largest & nicest theaters in the area, but sadly to say it burned down several years ago. I can't recall how long it has been. If you are interested in some of the history of Greenville, you should go to Facebook & go to (You Know You Grew Up In Greenville, NC, If...). There are lots of photos of some remarkable old buildings, many of which no longer exist, including the old theaters. Also lots of comments about what Greenville used to be like. I find it really interesting & think you might enjoy it too.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 AM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8006 View Post
Just read online that there is a new franchise called HuHot mongolian grill coming to town somewhere on Greenville blvd near Golden Corral. Looks delicious!!
It is going at the LoneStar Restaurant location, let's hope they tear that building down and build.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:30 AM

6 posts, read 8,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
It is going at the LoneStar Restaurant location, let's hope they tear that building down and build.
They will not be tearing down the existing building, just planning to renovate it.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 AM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
[quote=thomasdcd;21802105]They will not be tearing down the existing building, just planning to renovate it.[/QUO

Ok, Thanks

Old 11-21-2011, 12:22 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
I think a Dave & Busters would do great in this town. We all know people in this town obviously do not cook because the restaurants are always busy...every night, but we lack something different to do like Dave & Busters can offer with the entertainment. I wish I had enough $ to invest & open one.

The Mongolian place might take the Mongolian House on Greenville Blvd down once they open. it looks to be a much nicer version of that restaurant. I've never even been there b/c it looks so run down on the outside, but I've heard it is good but a little pricy.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:51 PM

99 posts, read 267,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I think a Dave & Busters would do great in this town. We all know people in this town obviously do not cook because the restaurants are always busy...every night, but we lack something different to do like Dave & Busters can offer with the entertainment. I wish I had enough $ to invest & open one.

The Mongolian place might take the Mongolian House on Greenville Blvd down once they open. it looks to be a much nicer version of that restaurant. I've never even been there b/c it looks so run down on the outside, but I've heard it is good but a little pricy.
I've been to a HuHuHot restaurant in Missouri before. It was pretty decent. Reminded me of Crazy Fire in Raleigh. However, Mongolian Empire on Greenville Blvd is much better, even though they have less of a selection on the buffet. The sauces taste more authentic and the food seems to be of a better quality.

Mongolian Empire can be pricey for dinner, but for lunch, it's about $6 per person for the buffet. When my wife and I get take out for dinner, it's around $16 for the both of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina