Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 01:00 PM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times

Advertisements

It looks like the old Pizza Inn building on Memorial Drive is finally going to be renovated....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 04:52 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,856,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The ECU hotel and student one stop building plans have been shelved.

https://www.witn.com/2022/03/31/plan...erty-scrapped/
The reality here is that ECU took so long to move forward with this that it didnt happen. They own a bunch of land in downtown Greenville that they are just sitting on and now not developing...I understand it is because of money, blame covid, whatever, but there needs to be more to this...either you are "planning", building or selling...not just sitting. Thank goodness for the private market and what the city is doing right now, because the track record with ECU downtown is poor at best. Buying up land and sitting on it. Even the BioScience building that looks like a gamechanger took 8 years to come out of get finished from first funded in 2014.

A legitimate performing arts center, a legitimate alumni hotel and an administration building are all part of the master plan...downtown Greenville is waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

Old 04-22-2022, 06:34 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
The reality here is that ECU took so long to move forward with this that it didnt happen. They own a bunch of land in downtown Greenville that they are just sitting on and now not developing...I understand it is because of money, blame covid, whatever, but there needs to be more to this...either you are "planning", building or selling...not just sitting. Thank goodness for the private market and what the city is doing right now, because the track record with ECU downtown is poor at best. Buying up land and sitting on it. Even the BioScience building that looks like a gamechanger took 8 years to come out of get finished from first funded in 2014.

A legitimate performing arts center, a legitimate alumni hotel and an administration building are all part of the master plan...downtown Greenville is waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

Agree 1000%. I mean wasn't the Millennial Campus originally conceived almost a decade ago? I get the budget and ECU only has so much money to devote to these projects. But ECU owns at least 1/3 of downtown Greenville. Those huge parking lots and single story buildings just sitting there for decades.

It's another reminder that Greenville can't singlehandedly rely on ECU for it's growth. They're really going to have to start moving on some civic & tourism projects on their own. There's a big list to choose from.

Last edited by michealbond; 04-22-2022 at 06:46 AM..

Old 04-22-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
It looks like the old Pizza Inn building on Memorial Drive is finally going to be renovated....

That's looks awesome. Going to have to try that place once it opens.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:24 AM

275 posts, read 330,618 times
Looks like Biscuitville will be coming by the old Applebee's. Just saw bids for it suppose to be taken by mid May.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:25 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Looks like Biscuitville will be coming by the old Applebee's. Just saw bids for it suppose to be taken by mid May.

I have always wondered why we don't have one of these here.

Old 04-25-2022, 12:10 PM

275 posts, read 330,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I have always wondered why we don't have one of these here.
IIRC this one will be the 1st one located east of I-95. They honestly have better breakfast biscuits than Bojangles.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
IIRC this one will be the 1st one located east of I-95. They honestly have better breakfast biscuits than Bojangles.
Whoa! Hot take alert! I like Biscuitville just fine, and they've got some solid pancakes for a fast food place, but better biscuits than Bojangles? I can't get on board with that!!

But I will be happy when they set up shop.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:37 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
Ugh I think I would prefer a tube of Grands from the grocery freezer more than Bojangles. I do not get the appeal.

I think the east-most Biscuitville is on Wake Forest Road in Raleigh, unless there’s one in Garner area.

Wilson has a Culver’s now. I’d love to see them open here too.

Old 04-26-2022, 03:44 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I think the east-most Biscuitville is on Wake Forest Road in Raleigh, unless there’s one in Garner area.
There's one near the edge of Garner on US-401, but the east-most one is in Clayton along US-70 Business, across from Lowe's Foods. Another one ain't too far from there at the I-40/NC-42 interchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina