Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 10:27 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,763,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post

Another article with a little more info...

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...cu-vidant.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 08:23 AM

455 posts, read 527,473 times
I have heard rumors recently of a large capital campaign forthcoming for ECU athletics that include a major gut and renovation for Minges Coliseum. While I love this for the university and hoops team, I had hoped we might see a town and gown effort at a new arena somewhere UpTown to continue the development of the city center.

ECU could have its version of the PNC arena for NCSU and Minges becomes the sole home for women's hoops. I'm sure, or at least I hope, it is a matter of dollars and cents. However if the renovation costs are even close to equivalent to a partnership with the city on a new arena UpTown I really wish they would pursue that instead.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:05 PM

Pitt Street Brewery is opening a satellite location on the waterfront in Washington, near the corner of Main and Stewart Parkway.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:13 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,691 times
Quote:
Pitt Street Brewery is opening a satellite location on the waterfront in Washington, near the corner of Main and Stewart Parkway.
Well, that makes 3 breweries for lil ole Washington, while Greenville is stuck with 2 in the entire city. I'm not surprised with the old ordinances that only allow breweries in the Uptown district.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:58 PM

New restaurant coming to the former Crossbones Tavern location.

https://www.wnct.com/news/business/t...t-coming-soon/

Old 03-08-2022, 12:07 AM

Noticed the other day that Ayden has a brand new apartment complex just off Hwy 11. I looked them up. They're a bit pricy, especially for Ayden...

Old 03-08-2022, 10:22 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,581 times
Quote:
New restaurant coming to the former Crossbones Tavern location.

https://www.wnct.com/news/business/t...t-coming-soon/

This spot has really been snake bitten ever since BW3's left a long time ago. This is about as hopeful as I have been for this location I think. The concept sounds like something that could work if it's executed correctly. I only question the timing of the opening. Opening in summer when it's practically dead downtown is rough, but maybe it'll give them a chance to work the kinks out before school returns. If they can survive and prosper down there, the hotel opening will help them as well when that comes around.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:01 PM

89 posts, read 130,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
This spot has really been snake bitten ever since BW3's left a long time ago. This is about as hopeful as I have been for this location I think. The concept sounds like something that could work if it's executed correctly. I only question the timing of the opening. Opening in summer when it's practically dead downtown is rough, but maybe it'll give them a chance to work the kinks out before school returns. If they can survive and prosper down there, the hotel opening will help them as well when that comes around.
I'm glad to see Uptown Greenville starting to re-embrace live music. I know and have talked with some of the investors of this place and they are planning on having live music 6-7 nights a week once they get up and going. Molly's Community Cafe, Blackened Kraken, the breweries, Dirty Dan's, and others consistently have live music at least 2 nights a week - on top of the State Theatre having decent shows frequently. It's hard now to walk around in the area on the weekend without hearing live music. I do wish the best for this place. From what I've heard it will be a great addition to the area.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:32 AM

247 posts, read 445,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Does anyone know what is going to be built on Greenvlle Blvd across from the Waffle House where the old sketch hotel is being torn down?
Still waiting to find out what restaurants are coming here. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:07 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,596,602 times
https://www.reflector.com/news/local...6ca1ffd94.html

The Imperial project is kaput
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina