Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 08:06 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times

Advertisements

LM117, not sure what capacity the commenter serves in at ECU. But the one thing I will say is that the Epic system they use is not "controlled" by Vidant. I know - I work in that area specifically, We have developed commonly agreed upon standards of configuration and usage for this system across the whole system. We do not customize specifically for any organization (Vidant Medical Group, ECU Physicians or Our Children's Clinic). All roughly 250 clinics across the board are on a standardized system decided on by both ECU and Vidant clinical leadership.

Probably not a sticking point for most, but I tire of hearing that type of comment made about the software. I've been in healthcare for 26 years (IT) and Epic is by far the most functional, configurable system I've ever encountered.

There. I feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 04:19 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
[quote=AshSchaef;45735790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post

Is this the building that was most recently Club Phoenix? Right next to the Sup Dogs parking lot? That will great to have that block (almost) completely re-done.

I hope that with Uptown Brewing taking action more empty space on Evans St. will be filled. Bisset's dresses just moved and there's one (maybe 2) more between 5th and 4th that are empty. Not sure whatever happened to Courtside at Evans/3rd, they briefly opened as a convenience store for ~1 week then closed. I would think a cafe would do great there. Although Coastal Fog just opened to fill that niche. There are no breakfast places downtown besides the Scullery, which is closed on Sunday. Always wished there was a Sunday breakfast spot.
Yes, my understanding is that they will renovate that 2 story brick building and move the offices from the small building on 4th St that will need to be torn down as part of the Hilton project. We have not heard a timeline from ECU, but honestly, as you can see, with the exception of the parking deck, the City and ECU are slow movers in all this. Who knows what is going on with GTAC since the design was approved. And ECU has been talking about contributing to downtown revitalization for seemingly a decade now...at this point they have moved the Registrar's office in. The Theater project is finally moving after a long dead period. The Town Common project has only been jumpstarted by the investment by Trillium, certainly not by the City.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
[quote=HP91;45738711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshSchaef View Post

Yes, my understanding is that they will renovate that 2 story brick building and move the offices from the small building on 4th St that will need to be torn down as part of the Hilton project. We have not heard a timeline from ECU, but honestly, as you can see, with the exception of the parking deck, the City and ECU are slow movers in all this. Who knows what is going on with GTAC since the design was approved. And ECU has been talking about contributing to downtown revitalization for seemingly a decade now...at this point they have moved the Registrar's office in. The Theater project is finally moving after a long dead period. The Town Common project has only been jumpstarted by the investment by Trillium, certainly not by the City.
Only thing I can find online about the GTAC is that construction for it is supposed to start sometime this fall, and be done by fall of 2017.

New Greenville transit center to connect city to major metropolitans

But that article is from April. There's no telling the exact status of it is at this time.

Impressive list, HP! 2020 will be crazy for Greenville! I'm sure we'll be close to about 110k population by then.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
[quote=HP91;45730148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Traffic Alert: Construction causes detours

Nice problem to have.

ECU Student Union on 10th St under construction
Isn't the Health Sciences Student Union currently being built as well?

And the Biosciences Building is coming soon, but not soon enough for this list.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:28 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Pitt-Greenville Airport closing today for a potential week because of river flooding

Old 10-09-2016, 08:58 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Airport flooded pretty badly in '99 IIRC

Old 10-09-2016, 04:35 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times
Yep. Totaled my car sitting there while I was out of town.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:10 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
[quote=michealbond;45739634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post

Only thing I can find online about the GTAC is that construction for it is supposed to start sometime this fall, and be done by fall of 2017.

New Greenville transit center to connect city to major metropolitans

But that article is from April. There's no telling the exact status of it is at this time.

Impressive list, HP! 2020 will be crazy for Greenville! I'm sure we'll be close to about 110k population by then.
Speak of the devil...seems construction is moving forward on GTAC...

Construction contracts highlight council agenda - Daily Reflector

Should be completed by December 2017, so add that to the list.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:11 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Mandatory evacuation for some Greenville residents along Tar River

Old 10-10-2016, 06:46 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
HP, I immediately thought of you when I read the article this morning!

That will be a welcome addition. I did ride through the Dickinson/ Imperial site area a few weeks ago. It's really amazing to see just how much open & unused land there is down there ripe for development. I can't to start seeing these mixed use buildings start to go up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina