Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 09:51 AM

17 posts, read 27,606 times

Advertisements

From what I can tell, Winterville Charter Academy, will be built on the land behind the Firetower.

wintervillecharteracademy.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 11:01 AM

120 posts, read 229,251 times
I would love to see a mixed use development in the area too. I think it would work really well in that area too. I have always thought Mayfaire would do well if placed in the correct spot of the Greenville area.

Michael, perhaps you are right about Publix. I haven't been into one in a few years, we used to shop at them in Atlanta.. but at the time, I didn't find it any better than a Harris Teeter or Kroger.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
I assume New Bern will only have one Publix, no more than two. That's easier to plan, than to decide how to plot out Greenville/Winterville, which would probably need about four locations. With stores from Charlotte to Cary to New Bern, Publix is all in for NC. They can't avoid Greenville just because of Walmart grocery stores - those things will be everywhere in five years anyway. They'll skim sales from Harris Teeter, Lowes, and Food Lion more than Walmart, whose mostly spreading out their own customers from their own supercenters. So long as Greenville keeps adding to the census, there's room for one more grocery chain.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:21 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
I think a Mayfaire style shopping center would work best at the 264 entrance into Greenville. Especially if we could get it upgraded to a interstate as well as Quad East.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
I think a Mayfaire style shopping center would work best at the 264 entrance into Greenville. Especially if we could get it upgraded to a interstate as well as Quad East.
I always thought a mall or outdoor shopping mall and mixed-used development would work well there. Especially with all the hospital workers.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,731 times
I think it would work well somewhere near the Hwy 43 exit on the 264 bypass. It was/is being made into 4 lanes past B's BBQ up to 264. It would give easy highway access and be close to hospital employees and the residents of Ironwood Country Club.

Downtown parking change information from the Reflector:

Quote:
The City of Greenville on Monday announced changes to the parking system downtown.

A public meeting hosted by the city and Uptown Greenville covered revisions to the E-Tag Parking Program, updates on the Fourth Street Parking Deck and road closures on Evans Street due to construction on The Boundary @ West End student housing development.

Parking deck

No date has been set for the downtown parking deck to open, but it likely will be in February, according to the city and Uptown Greenville.

The lower two levels of the deck will allow metered parking from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the same rate for other metered parking in the area (75 cents per hour). The top two levels of the deck will be leased parking at $46 per month or $138 quarterly and will go up $2 every year. The spaces are numbered and will be assigned. Applications are available at City Hall.

Businesses that want multiple spaces must have each application filled out by each employee, but the city will accept one payment for multiple applications if the business is paying for the spots.

Parking at the deck will be free on weekends and in the evening.

The deck will has 28 cameras that will be monitored by Greenville police. LED lighting has been installed, and the head of the City Center Greenville Police Department unit has a plan to maintain the safety of the deck.

E-Tag

Through the E-Tag program, a parking tag is available to employees and downtown residents that allows them to park downtown for more than than two hours at a time.

Adjustments made to the program include a price reduction from $150 to $75 per year. The tag now is a hang tag rather than a sticker.

Those with the tag can park for up to 24 hours at a time in any of the E-Tag-designated spaces.

Applications for the tags can be picked up at City Hall in the finance department. Proof of residency or employment in the downtown area are required when applying.

No business can have more than 12 E-Tags, and each business owner must show proof of the number of employees who work for the business and will use the tags. The license plate numbers of all vehicles using the tag will be registered at the time of application.

Road closures

Cotanche Street is closed between East Seventh Street and Reade Circle for utility work at The Boundary @ West End student housing development. That work is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

Evans Street will be closed Feb. 9-20 from Eight Street to Reade Circle due to utility construction for The Boundary @ West End.

Utilities including sewer, water and electric easements will be installed, and construction will take about two weeks to complete.

Evans from 10th Street to Eighth Street will be open for local traffic to the specific businesses located on that street and will not be open to thru traffic for the designated time period.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:13 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I think it would work well somewhere near the Hwy 43 exit on the 264 bypass. It was/is being made into 4 lanes past B's BBQ up to 264.
Has it been a while since you were here? That project was completed a couple/few years ago.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:20 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,731 times
Richard, I currently live in Raleigh, but visit my family on the Eastern side of Greenville pretty often. I haven't been in that area on 43 in a looong time( I normally drive straight down Stantonsburg/Farmville blvd when I get into Greenville). I thought it was completed because when I moved to Raleigh from Greenville, they were still working on the bridge right past B's. Guess I'll have to check it out!

Last edited by michealbond; 01-28-2015 at 08:30 AM..

Old 01-28-2015, 09:50 AM

26 posts, read 50,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Also - the Mexican joint uptown where the Pita Pit was should do well I would think. I work in the area & there are no real Mexican options in the are for lunch without driving out towards Greenville Blvd. Especially with the Registrar office moving across the street, and the other businesses opening down there, it should increase lunch business some for them, Fitzgeralds & Michelangelos.
I'm interested to see how it does. There used to be a Mexican Joint where The Scullery currently is. I think back in the late 2000's. It was decent food, very similar to all the ones around town but it didn't stay open all that long. Hopefully this one will stay open longer.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM

26 posts, read 50,540 times
I know it was posted on here awhile back about Peasants Pub being closed down for a bit for renovation. I thought it was going to open back up as the same name, but I heard today they are changing it to Crossbones Tavern. No idea if it's going to be the same kind of place but I personally like the name change and think it will make it better. I heard they did a lot of renovation on the inside which has really helped with the way it looks. The couple times I was there it kind of had a weird smell to it and just looked run down. So I think with the new owner the bought into the place it should make it a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina