Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Its all good, like myself in terms of vibrancy many find DC bland and monotonous in the DT (though not all of it and prefer many of the nabes outside of DT), it is good to have different choices

And I also disagree that just a few years is going to make all the difference (for all the reasons I stated prior) but again you can disagree

And with Threads created like will NOMA be better than Center City or more of your banter, yep you never bring it up

Also I asked if you think DC is more vibrant, you said smelly and blue collar and dirty or what do you call it ghetto.

But is all good, true colors come out and insults in repsonse to this discussion are cowardly, no matter how they are masked
FAIL! I said will the Government Complex be able to compete with Center City when complete. Wow...just do a simple search and you would see that. That is also the same thing I did with Michigan Ave. The city is trying to build a second downtown south of the Mall and it will incorporate a mixed use like Center City versus just offices like much of the northern downtown used to be. That is also commenting on something I see as successful and D.C. is trying to incorporate that into our city. I know you only know how to be negative so you can't comprehend things that don't include negativity, but everyone is not out to say "I AM BETTER THAN YOU!" That is reserved for you and your life. I try to stay positive unlike you which is clear on this site whether you're arguing with D.C., Houston, Chicago, San Fran, Atlanta, or L.A. posters. Just scan the front page of threads with all the people calling you out for being a hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
This is a City vs City thread, comparisons are bound to happen. If you want to educate DC residents on whats going on in DC, the DC sub thread would probably be more appropriate.
I only commented in this thread because some D.C. posters were getting upset about people's opinion of D.C.'s downtown now. I was reassuring them that they have a lot to look forward to and it will be easier to have this conversation in a few years. That is all.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:07 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
FAIL! I said will the Government Complex be able to compete with Center City when complete. Wow...just do a simple search and you would see that. That is also the same thing I did with Michigan Ave. The city is trying to build a second downtown south of the Mall and it will incorporate a mixed use like Center City versus just offices like much of the northern downtown used to be. That is also commenting on something I see as successful and D.C. is trying to incorporate that into our city. I know you only know how to be negative so you can't comprehend things that don't include negativity, but everyone is not out to say "I AM BETTER THAN YOU!" That is reserved for you and your life. I try to stay positive unlike you which is clear on this site whether you're arguing with D.C., Houston, Chicago, San Fran, Atlanta, or L.A. posters. Just scan the front page of threads with all the people calling you out for being a hater.
Fail? Hmmm who went to insult when called as a fail?

I stand by my posts, dont shift the story like you do often

And whatever SW Waterfront or whatever you knew what I meant; and no I dont see any way it will compete; do you honestly. I guess it wont be ghetto like Rittenhouse Sq?

FWIW you often confuse reality for negativity; I see a dramatic difference and have many good things to say about DC, when things are unrealistic I say something, that isnt negative

Once again suggest you invest in a mirror

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Fail? Hmmm who went to insult when called as a fail?

I stand by my posts, dont shift the story like you do often

And whatever SW Waterfront or whatever you knew what I meant; and no I dont see any way it will compete; do you honestly. I guess it wont be ghetto like Rittenhouse Sq?

Once again suggest you invest in a mirror
You tried to sell me Center City and I told you what I thought about Philadelphia. You asked! I want you to go to the SW Government Complex thread and find a post in that thread where I said something negative about Center City........

I'm not you and i don't conduct myself the way you do. Good Luck finding a negative post in that thread. Since I joined this site, the only time I have said anything negative about another city is when I was provoked. You on the other hand don't go a day without being negative.

And since we are being honest, don't confuse reality with negativity. Philadelphia does stink because it's surrounded by factories. It is also full of blighted vacant houses which is just a reality. The amount of blight in Philadelphia and poverty far outweighs anything in the DMV. Had you not been so persistent and annoying, I would not have had to be so blunt but you kind of asked for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You tried to sell me Center City and I told you what I thought about Philadelphia. You asked! I want you to go to the SW Government Complex thread and find a the post in that thread where I said something negative about Center City........

I'm not you and i don't conduct myself the way you do. Good Luck finding a negative post in that thread. Since I joined this site, the only time I have said anything negative about another city is when I was provoked. You on the other hand don't go a day without being negative.

Again you seem to feel reality is negative; because I dont believe that new buildings are the panacea you feel this to be negative. Honestly you are extremely sensitive, seriously

You have said many negative things about Center City, I said DTDC is not as organic, you said Philly looks ghetto

Ok if that is how you feel then fine but honestly I have continually said I think DC is vibrant, just a little behind others and that all these new projects will not be the difference in 2 or 4 years. But I guess that is negative to you; again you percieve reality as neagtivity, not my issue but then make derogatory statements when you arguments changes and are called on it. If you dont see it am not surprised, more of this reality thing again

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Again you seem to feel reality is negative; because I dont believe that new buildings are the panacea you feel this to be negative. Honestly you are extremely sensitive, seriously

You have said many negative things about Center City, I said DTDC is not as organic, you said Philly looks ghetto

Ok if that is how you feel then fine but honestly I have continually said I think DC is vibrant, just a little behind others and that all these new projects will not be the difference in 2 or 4 years. But I guess that is negative to you; again you percieve reality as neagtivity, not my issue but then make derogatory statements when you arguments changes and are called on it. If you dont see it am not surprised, more of this reality thing again
He won't get it.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:

You forgot to add "and my tax dollars are building all those new buildings while Philadelphia sits as a construction wasteland" boo hoo.... get over it because that is really what this is about. Don't act like we don't have history. This conversation between you and I goes way deeper than this little thread. I know everything you have said over the last year so every time you post about D.C., I am reminded about it all. Did you think I would forget how you feel about D.C.?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
You tried to sell me Center City and I told you what I thought about Philadelphia. You asked! I want you to go to the SW Government Complex thread and find a post in that thread where I said something negative about Center City........

And since we are being honest, don't confuse reality with negativity. Philadelphia does stink because it's surrounded by factories. It is also full of blighted vacant houses which is just a reality. The amount of blight in Philadelphia and poverty far outweighs anything in the DMV. Had you not been so persistent and annoying, I would not have had to be so blunt but you kind of asked for it.
And where have I ever said that Philly does not have blight or factories etc.

PG county is pretty crappy too but like the Philly area there are so many other positives in the area that far outweigh this.

Does CC stink, riddled with blight and abondoned factories?

Isnt that the convo here MD. But ok go ahead, yes Norht Philly is a disaster, moreso than SE DC or parts of PG county but yes they exist to.

So is Center City a ghetto, wasnt that what we were discussing? When you brought up Germantown, right?

I never tried to sell CC to you (you have obviously always siad how much you dislike it, but on vibrancy, well you cant accept for some reason it actually exisits, ghetto old dirty, architecturally uninteresting as you continually claim); I talked about the vibrancy; just said it is more vibrant and cohesive, most would agree MD. You also made a claim that Philly has no buildings or concentration of restaurants and bars etc and could never achieve the level of DC in this regard. I called BS and you claim it is the basketball arena, then a new trolly line then 0 whatever zoning (what is CC in this regard btw?). You are unbelieveable and then cast stones and make accusations. Invest in a mirror MD and loosen your belt you are wound tight apparently and to me not always seeing reality.

Do you think CC is a ghetto and crappy? Go ahead answer I do want to hear the real answer

I wonder who is sensitive here honestly

Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You forgot to add "and my tax dollars are building all those new buildings while Philadelphia sits as a construction wasteland" boo hoo.... get over it because that is really what this is about. Don't act like we don't have history. This conversation between you and I goes way deeper than this little thread. I know everything you have said over the last year so every time you post about D.C., I am reminded about it all. Did you think I would forget how you feel about D.C.?

I like DC and have said many times. I disagree that in 2 years it will leap ahead of others in vibrancy and dislike deficit spend greatly; of which DC greatly benefits, dont hide that at all, you seem feel this is a personal attack. Yes the US taxpayers do fund the DC economy to the point where it has benn insulated through taxpayer debt. No I wouldnt care if this was anywhere, I wouldnt approve. I like DC though

You act like DC is better because it is DC, no it is building more because the Govt has finded it via debt, to not agree with this again I suggest you visit the definition of reality.

And Again I like DC, lived there for years; if I still lived there I would hate this expansion via larger govt just as much

As said before, you are more than a tad sensitive and continually percive reality as negativity (but this is prob a useless argument at the core based on this notion)

Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
And where have I ever said that Philly does not have blight or factories etc.

PG county is pretty crappy too but like the Philly area there are so many other positives in the area that far outweigh this.

Does CC stink, riddled with blight and abondoned factories?

Isnt that the convo here MD. But ok go ahead, yes Norht Philly is a disaster, moreso than SE DC or parts of PG county but yes they exist to.

So is Center City a ghetto, wasnt that what we were discussing? When you brought up Germantown, right?

I never tried to sell CC to you (you have obviously always siad how much you dislike it, but on vibrancy, well you cant accept for some reason it actually exisits, ghetto old dirty, architecturally uninteresting as you continually claim); I talked about the vibrancy; just said it is more vibrant and cohesive, most would agree MD. You also made a claim that Philly has no buildings or concentration of restaurants and bars etc and could never achieve the level of DC in this regard. I called BS and you claim it is the basketball arena, then a new trolly line then 0 whatever zoning (what is CC in this regard btw?). You are unbelieveable and then cast stones and make accusations. Invest in a mirror MD and loosen your belt you are wound tight apparently and to me not always seeing reality.

Do you think CC is a ghetto and crappy? Go ahead answer I do want to hear the real answer

I wonder who is sensitive here honestly
No, actually I brought up Germantown using an example of where black people are. Center City doesn't have a black scene like D.C. does and we were talking about entertainment. Let's stay in context here. I referenced Adams Morgan and U Street. What do those area's have in common? Entertainment? African Americans? Do you even read what I post?

By the way, I was talking about the level of pedestrian activity that comes from the Verizon Center that Center City will never be able to duplicate. Current build means there is no room to build an arena there right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City