Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2022, 03:38 PM

1,052 posts, read 574,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I think Vegas’ total eclipses Houston by number of stores when we count each store rather than each brand. Because Vegas has 2-3 of seemingly everything. Where Vegas falls behind others is in smaller (not less luxurious) brands. Such as Isabel Morant. For the really big names Vegas has basically 2 of everything which would probably comfortably place it in 4th. Although New York is a tier of its own regardless, the difference between NY and LA would widen a lot if each store is counted as one rather than doubling up brands
I guess you meant Isabel Marant? The French designer?

I worked in high end fashion/interior design but I hate shopping retail. I prefer doing everything online or going to the store knowing EXACTLY what I intend to buy, in and out 5 mins, done. Or buy online pickup at the store.

In terms of what city has more high end shopping destinations or how many high end designers’ boutiques in one city: here’s what I go by: the French art books/coffee books publishing house Assouline, where most coffee table art books sell for retail at least around $100 and up, where its biggest clientele is mostly decorators and their clients who have much, much disposable income, only has stores in the following U.S cities:

NYC
Los Angeles
Palm Beach/Bal Harbour FL
San Francisco
Houston (River Oaks district)

That’s all I need to know/care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 07:55 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post

In terms of what city has more high end shopping destinations or how many high end designers’ boutiques in one city: here’s what I go by: the French art books/coffee books publishing house Assouline, where most coffee table art books sell for retail at least around $100 and up, where its biggest clientele is mostly decorators and their clients who have much, much disposable income, only has stores in the following U.S cities:

NYC
Los Angeles
Palm Beach/Bal Harbour FL
San Francisco
Houston (River Oaks district)

That’s all I need to know/care.
Pretty much echoes my point. Vegas doesn't have the very exclusive places (such as Assouline). But they seem to have 2-3 of all of the big names

Old 11-07-2022, 04:54 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
Depends on one’s definition of exclusive and/or what categories. Vegas does have Richard Mille, Brioni, A. Lange & Sohne, Kiton, etc boutiques which are only in a handful, not a dozen or more, of US cities.

Last edited by elchevere; 11-07-2022 at 05:18 AM..

Old 11-07-2022, 07:02 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Pretty much echoes my point. Vegas doesn't have the very exclusive places (such as Assouline). But they seem to have 2-3 of all of the big names
Do you think Chicago could make a claim to join the above group? Or a tier lower?
I am always impressed by the designers names in downtown Chicago, including a few brands only found in 4-5 US cities (Graff for example).

Old 11-07-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Depends on one’s definition of exclusive and/or what categories. Vegas does have Richard Mille, Brioni, A. Lange & Sohne, Kiton, etc boutiques which are only in a handful, not a dozen or more, of US cities.
But of course. Any place with high rollers, predominantly tourists draw and shiny hedonistic association. (Vegas, Dubai, Monte Carlo, Miami…..etc.) that’s majorly dopamine-driven (neurotransmitter & hormone for pleasure reward and motivation.) will be no doubt filled with expensive products and luxury items.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:47 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,793,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
A. Lange & Sohne recently opened in Boston.

Boston also has Richard Mille.

Patek Philippe Is Coming to Boston’s ‘Luxury Row’ Before the End of the Year

Patek Philippe’s presence in the US is expanding. Hot on the heels of opening its second standalone boutique in the US, in Miami’s Design District, the brand is set to occupy a significant space in a new Long’s Jewelers showroom opening later this year in Boston.

The store, at 7 Newbury Street on Boston’s Luxury Row, will occupy 4,600 square feet of retail space on two levels, with Patek on the first floor. The new store incorporates individual areas designed by each of the brands Long’s carries, in a comfortable, open environment. There is also a rooftop terrace, along with suites for private viewings. It is located directly across the street from the Long’s Rolex boutique.

No Brioni.

Kiton can only be found in Barneys and Neiman Marcus.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:03 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
In terms of complete market (entire MSA) versus cherry-picking certain retailers, I would say the following:

NYC
LA
Miami
Dallas
Chicago
Houston
DC
Boston
Atlanta
Phoenix

Old 11-07-2022, 10:03 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
F.P. Journe is another high end watch retailer—considered by many the finest living watchmaker. Only 3 US boutiques.

Canali has slightly reduced its US presence , closing boutiques at South Coast Plaza (Orange County, CA) and Bal Harbour. Berluti closed its Vegas boutique.

Frette would be another high end / exclusive brand with a presence in only 5-7 cities (talking boutiques, not including outlet stores).

Last edited by elchevere; 11-07-2022 at 10:23 AM..

Old 11-07-2022, 10:07 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In terms of complete market (entire MSA) versus cherry-picking certain retailers, I would say the following:

NYC
LA
Miami
Dallas
Chicago
Houston
DC
Boston
Atlanta
Phoenix
I'd replace Phoenix with Philadelphia. Per the last count, it appears the Philly area has a few more names and a few with multiple locations (Tiffany's for example).

And Boston and DC should swap places.

Last edited by cpomp; 11-07-2022 at 10:22 AM..

Old 11-07-2022, 10:15 AM

Poor Rolls Royce “only” has 30 dealers in the US.

Poor me, only wearing my Dad’s 25 yrs old Rolex.

Joking aside, I’m in awe by a lot of you in this thread. I don’t shop much at retail but I’m learning so many luxury brands (I know very little about menswear. My husband cares only about music and luxury cars. He got a few Hugo Boss suits then he’s done for fashion. He’s the rock n roll band t shirts guy.) here. Good job gentlemen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City