Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2022, 07:11 PM

497 posts, read 352,790 times

Advertisements

Chanel is one of the most exclusive super brands that only have full-service stores in major fashion cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 01:06 AM

325 posts, read 205,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
what's happened many times is that a Chanel beauty boutique is mistaken as a full-line Chanel boutique that sells Ready-to-Wear and leather goods...
I wasn't trying to imply that it was a full out store like in NYC or Beverly Hills. Just the fact that a standalone "Chanel" branded store opened, and there's only a handful of these in upscale markets (Scottsdale, Newport Beach, Pacific Palisades, King of Prussia, Brickell, Short Hills, The Domain, etc.)

Old 12-01-2022, 06:56 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadigggski View Post
I wasn't trying to imply that it was a full out store like in NYC or Beverly Hills. Just the fact that a standalone "Chanel" branded store opened, and there's only a handful of these in upscale markets (Scottsdale, Newport Beach, Pacific Palisades, King of Prussia, Brickell, Short Hills, The Domain, etc.)
It's not even standalone Chanel store. It's a Chanel beauty boutique. Full service Chanel stores are extremely exclusive. Chanel beauty boutiques aren't that exclusive anymore.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:13 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Here are the only stand alone locations I could find on their website, it's really cumbersome, you can't just zoom out and see everywhere, you have to enter specific cities, annoying, please let me know if I forgot any:

Chanel Store Locations in the United States:

Midwestern US: 1
Chicago

Northeastern US: 6
Boston
New York-E. 57th St
New York-Madison Av
New York-Spring St
Short Hills
Washington DC

Southern US: 7
Bal Harbour
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Orlando
Palm Beach
Palm Beach Gardens

Western US: 9
Beverly Hills
Costa Mesa
Honolulu-Ala Moana
Honolulu-Waikiki
Las Vegas-Bellagio
Las Vegas-Crystals
Las Vegas-Wynn
Los Angeles
San Francisco

At first glance, no Atlanta, Phoenix or Seattle area locations. Atlanta has 2 in-store boutiques tho.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:22 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Here are the only stand alone locations I could find on their website, it's really cumbersome, you can't just zoom out and see everywhere, you have to enter specific cities, annoying, please let me know if I forgot any:

Chanel Store Locations in the United States:

Chicago

Northeastern US: 6
Boston
New York-E. 57th St
New York-Madison Av
New York-Spring St
Short Hills
Washington DC

Southern US: 7
Bal Harbour
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Orlando
Palm Beach
Palm Beach Gardens

Western US: 9
Beverly Hills
Costa Mesa
Honolulu-Ala Moana
Honolulu-Waikiki
Las Vegas-Bellagio
Las Vegas-Crystals
Las Vegas-Wynn
Los Angeles
San Francisco

At first glance, no Atlanta, Phoenix or Seattle area locations. Atlanta has 2 in-store boutiques tho.
Thanks for the list.

Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Atlanta have Chanel beauty, but no full standalone boutique. All 3 have Chanel boutiques in either Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue though. But the Phoenix and Philly locations don't show up on Chanel website, I found them listed on other sites.

Last edited by cpomp; 12-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-01-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Thanks for the list.

Phoenix and Philadelphia have Chanel beauty, but no full boutique. Also appears Neiman Marcus in each city carries Chanel, but not classified as an in-store Boutique (not sure why).

I think there used to be a standalone Chanel boutique in Atlanta, but it closed? I see Neimans has an official in-store boutique though.
Yeah, ATL has locations at the Lenox Square Neiman Marcus and the Phipps Plaza Saks Fifth Avenue. They are literally across the street from each other.

Buckhead Village where Hermes is located, seems to be another spot youd think a Chanel might be located.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
It's not even standalone Chanel store. It's a Chanel beauty boutique. Full service Chanel stores are extremely exclusive. Chanel beauty boutiques aren't that exclusive anymore.
+1 Chanel beauty is entirely different from Chanel RTW stores. You can find Chanel beauty products even at Sephora...

Old 12-01-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, ATL has locations at the Lenox Square Neiman Marcus and the Phipps Plaza Saks Fifth Avenue. They are literally across the street from each other.

Buckhead Village where Hermes is located, seems to be another spot youd think a Chanel might be located.
My sense is that the website shows boutiques operated directly by Chanel. Some NM or Saks in-store boutiques are directly operated by Chanel in which case Chanel leases a concession within a department store. On the other hand, some in-store boutiques are operated by NM or Saks, not directly by Chanel, in which case the website would not show them as Chanel boutiques...

Old 12-01-2022, 11:51 AM

655 posts, read 1,061,133 times
The Americana at Manhasset (North Shore/Gold Coast of Long Island) has Chanel at Hirshleifer's
It operates like a Chanel boutique and has Chanel entrances and logos separate from Hirsh. From the outside you would think it's a Chanel boutique. I am not sure how many other cities/places have this type of arrangement and agreement. Hirsh operates like this with a few luxury brands such as Valentino.

Google Maps view
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7964...7i16384!8i8192

Quote:
CHANEL
Chanel's extensive ready-to-wear, accessories, handbag and shoe collections are featured in a luxurious, custom-designed setting within Hirshleifers.
https://www.americanamanhasset.com/s...ectory/chanel/

Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 AM

Interesting. Their Los Angeles store is actually in Pacific Palisades(my old neighborhood), and there's also a location in Montecito, not to mention Aspen and East Hampton.

Brunello Cucinelli Locations in the United States:

Chicago

Northeastern US: 8
Boston
East Hampton
Manhasset
New York-Gansevoort St
New York-Greene St
New York-Madison Av
Short Hills
Washington DC

Southern US: 5
Atlanta
Bal Harbour
Dallas
Houston
Palm Beach

Western US: 10
Aspen
Beverly Hills
Costa Mesa
Honolulu
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Montecito
Palo Alto
San Francisco
Scottsdale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City