Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 06:29 PM

719 posts, read 494,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
Its probably dry.
It's actually nice. Checked it out with the wife earlier today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2023, 10:40 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Pretty good article about why retailers are targeting Generation Z in Boston in particular:

https://www.glossy.co/fashion/brick-...res-in-boston/

Versace recently opened an outlet store in Wrentham MA https://www.nbcboston.com/boston-bus...gland/2869976/
Boston Business Journal on Seaport as a high-end shopping destination

2022 was a big year for retail in Boston. Last year saw an explosion of retail growth in the Seaport, which has come to rival Back Bay's Newbury Street as the city's biggest shopping destination. That was one of the major retail stories in Boston this year.

The EchelonSeaport development, with high-priced housing above first-floor retail, welcomed a range of new names this year, many of which were new to Boston and have locations in relatively few other places. Those include the clothing companies Cremieux, Scotch & Soda and Mack Weldon, the eatery Miznon and the yoga studio and shop Alo.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...nches-out.html

Anyone who might venture into the Seaport this holiday season for the first time in a while will get a sense of a neighborhood that's suddenly a shopping draw that rivals Newbury Street.

Mack and Weldon recently opened- it only has 6 stores nationwide.

Cremeiux
a Fench men's clothing store just opened and only has retail locations in 2 other US Cities- New York and Bal Harbour/Palm Beach (2 locations)

Todd Snyder
is opening in Seaport. Its only other US Locations are NYC and SF. With one location opening in Los Angeles as well.

Rag and Bone and Aesop each have locations on Newbury Street and will be opening in the Seaport.

Several New York/Miami Only eateries are opening in the seaport like Taiyaki NYC and Minzon.

Seaport still doesn't have the traditional luxury cache of Newbury Street but it is a testing ground for newer luxury brands and high-end semi-casual brands.

Old 01-04-2023, 10:49 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Boston Business Journal on Seaport as a high-end shopping destination

2022 was a big year for retail in Boston. Last year saw an explosion of retail growth in the Seaport, which has come to rival Back Bay's Newbury Street as the city's biggest shopping destination. That was one of the major retail stories in Boston this year.

The EchelonSeaport development, with high-priced housing above first-floor retail, welcomed a range of new names this year, many of which were new to Boston and have locations in relatively few other places. Those include the clothing companies Cremieux, Scotch & Soda and Mack Weldon, the eatery Miznon and the yoga studio and shop Alo.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...nches-out.html

Anyone who might venture into the Seaport this holiday season for the first time in a while will get a sense of a neighborhood that's suddenly a shopping draw that rivals Newbury Street.

Mack and Weldon recently opened- it only has 6 stores nationwide.

Cremeiux
a Fench men's clothing store just opened and only has retail locations in 2 other US Cities- New York and Bal Harbour/Palm Beach (2 locations)

Todd Snyder
is opening in Seaport. Its only other US Locations are NYC and SF. With one location opening in Los Angeles as well.

Rag and Bone and Aesop each have locations on Newbury Street and will be opening in the Seaport.

Several New York/Miami Only eateries are opening in the seaport like Taiyaki NYC and Minzon.

Seaport still doesn't have the traditional luxury cache of Newbury Street but it is a testing ground for newer luxury brands and high-end semi-casual brands.
While this is all great news, I’m just going to point out that not all of these are luxury brands. Great news nonetheless but I say that because of how it affects the overall ranking here

Old 01-04-2023, 10:56 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
While this is all great news, I’m just going to point out that not all of these are luxury brands. Great news nonetheless but I say that because of how it affects the overall ranking here
I think all of these companies describe themselves as luxury brands. I'd say they are all high-end though. Id expect the traditional ultraluxury brands to make their way to the seaport in the next few years.

I think only Scotch and Soda (still probably a luxury brand- stores exist in the Galleria and Lower East Side too) and Maybe Mack Weldon are not luxury. Depends on your definition of luxury. Which ones are you talking about?

Lunya and Vince are two more examples of borer luxury brands in the Seaport.

In terms of price, Lunya falls in the midrange–a moderate luxury that is feasible and more than enough to satisfy your “treat yourself” cravings. The price may be off-putting upon first glance, but a quick Google search will show you that it's difficult to find sleepwear with these features.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 01-04-2023 at 11:11 AM..

Old 01-05-2023, 02:29 PM

655 posts, read 1,061,133 times
Bloomingdale's has decided to enter the Pacific Northwest market via its new Bloomies template.
I haven't been to a Bloomie's but it advertised as a smaller store, better curated to the needs to the changing marketplace...PR speak for a downgrade.
Luxury brands carried seem there to represent higher-end contemporary or bridge lines which I wouldn't classify as luxury (Theory, Rag & Bone, 7 For All Mankind, etc.)

For you Seattle shoppers it will be located at University Village, which at glance seems to cater to these brands (sorta reminds me of Suburban Square outside of Philly).

Have to wonder if Bloomie's is looking at Nashville and Dallas/Houston as well.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301713143.html

Old 01-05-2023, 03:15 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,736,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
2010s Houston, Dallas and Atlanta’s decade of luxury shopping growth. I can certainly see Boston, DC and Phoenix having their decades in 2020s

Phoenix has just added or is about to open stores for Gucci Men, Louboutin, Hermès, and Rothy's

Old 01-09-2023, 07:10 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
Bloomingdale's has decided to enter the Pacific Northwest market via its new Bloomies template.
I haven't been to a Bloomie's but it advertised as a smaller store, better curated to the needs to the changing marketplace...PR speak for a downgrade.
Luxury brands carried seem there to represent higher-end contemporary or bridge lines which I wouldn't classify as luxury (Theory, Rag & Bone, 7 For All Mankind, etc.)

For you Seattle shoppers it will be located at University Village, which at glance seems to cater to these brands (sorta reminds me of Suburban Square outside of Philly).

Have to wonder if Bloomie's is looking at Nashville and Dallas/Houston as well.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301713143.html
Heck I wonder when Bloomingdale’s will re-enter the Texas market.

Old 01-09-2023, 10:05 PM

497 posts, read 352,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Phoenix has just added or is about to open stores for Gucci Men, Louboutin, Hermès, and Rothy's
At Scottsdale?

Old 01-09-2023, 11:19 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Here's something we've never talked about...

American Express Centurion Lounges at various airports, accessible to AMEX Platinum cardholders.

AMEX Centurion Lounges:

Northeastern US: 3
JFK
LGA
PHL

Southern US: 3
CLT
DFW
IAH
MIA

Western US: 6
DEN
LAS
LAX
PHX
SEA
SFO

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/

"American Express plans to open new lounge locations at the*Reagan National Airport*(DCA) in*Washington, D.C.*and*Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport*(ATL) in 2023 and 2024, respectively."

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/t...ion-lounge-sfo

Old 01-10-2023, 01:11 AM

497 posts, read 352,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Here's something we've never talked about...

American Express Centurion Lounges at various airports, accessible to AMEX Platinum cardholders.

AMEX Centurion Lounges:

Northeastern US: 3
JFK
LGA
PHL

Southern US: 3
CLT
DFW
IAH
MIA

Western US: 6
DEN
LAS
LAX
PHX
SEA
SFO

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/

"American Express plans to open new lounge locations at the*Reagan National Airport*(DCA) in*Washington, D.C.*and*Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport*(ATL) in 2023 and 2024, respectively."

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/t...ion-lounge-sfo
Interesting that it's opening at DCA not IAD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City