Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 07:45 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Heck I wonder when Bloomingdale’s will re-enter the Texas market.
Maybe their new small / local concept. But I tend to doubt Bloomingdales (or any department store) will plan full-store expansions anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 08:15 AM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Here's something we've never talked about...

American Express Centurion Lounges at various airports, accessible to AMEX Platinum cardholders.

AMEX Centurion Lounges:

Northeastern US: 3
JFK
LGA
PHL

Southern US: 3
CLT
DFW
IAH
MIA

Western US: 6
DEN
LAS
LAX
PHX
SEA
SFO

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/

"American Express plans to open new lounge locations at the*Reagan National Airport*(DCA) in*Washington, D.C.*and*Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport*(ATL) in 2023 and 2024, respectively."

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/t...ion-lounge-sfo
I’ve always been surprised O’Hare doesn’t have one.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I’ve always been surprised O’Hare doesn’t have one.
And Newark.
Maybe because they are dominated by United?, which has normal lounges and the fancy Polaris Lounges.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:38 AM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
And Newark.
Maybe because they are dominated by United?, which has normal lounges and the fancy Polaris Lounges.
But then why would IAH have one. I understand that argument for Newark and it’s also not NYC areas only airport. O’Hare is a top 3 global airport for passenger traffic and 2nd in the USA after Atlanta.

Old 01-10-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
But then why would IAH have one. I understand that argument for Newark and it’s also not NYC areas only airport. O’Hare is a top 3 global airport for passenger traffic and 2nd in the USA after Atlanta.
True. ORD is the biggest omission, and an airport that could certainly support another lounge.

Old 01-10-2023, 12:47 PM

497 posts, read 352,315 times
Quote:
LGA over EWR is also odd. LGA has no intl flights beyond those to Canada and the Caribbean. I'd imagine transcontinental flights usually have a lot of business people who have the platinum card.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:07 PM

23 posts, read 32,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
At Scottsdale?
Yes, all in Scottsdale or to be in Scottsdale.

There isn't much high-end retail in Phoenix proper anymore.

Old 01-12-2023, 11:15 AM

655 posts, read 1,060,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
Interesting that it's opening at DCA not IAD
Both DCA and LGA are subject to perimeter rules.

DC:
Reagan is the preferred business traveler airport in the DC Metro area.
DCA has a much more flexible perimeter rule vs LGA, where all cities on the West Coast are served nonstop from DCA (thank your local politicians for this as they would want a nonstop). AMEX having the lounge at DCA makes much more sense because of this.
United dominates at Dulles and has lounges for its loyal/high-end customers.
NYC:
The reason AMEX can have lounges at both JFK and LGA is because the LGA perimeter rule is much more restrictive than DCA. You cannot fly nonstop to the West Coast (SEA/SFO/LAX) from LGA during the weekday so you would either need to connect (not what high-end travelers like) or fly out of JFK/EWR. Nonstop flights to Denver are available from LGA as they were grandfathered in. No one carrier dominates the JFK/LGA market. Lots of premium traffic on NYC transcons especially to SFO/LAX. NYC is a larger market than DC as well.
United dominates at Newark and has sufficient lounges to satisfy the needs of the loyal/high-end customer.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:32 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,951 times
Christian Dior planning a store in Austin at the Domain.

https://www.kvue.com/article/money/e...6-184cce847596

Old 01-13-2023, 07:57 AM

Intel from a friend at Van Cleef, They are planning outposts in Denver and San Diego.

Also per the intel, recent Van Cleef store openings in Atlanta and Philadelphia reported the highest monthly sales on record of all US locations outside of NYC and LA, which I found impressive. Both locations had near identical numbers in their first 30 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City