Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 08:48 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Stand alone Louis Vuitton locations in North America

I didnt include those located inside a department store. Please let me know of any corrections.

Louis Vuitton Locations in North America:

^ Are you including Louis Vuitton Men's as an additional location for a city? I noticed 2 for Scottsdale, which has LV and LV Men's.

I ask because King of Prussia recently introduced an LV Men's in addition to their current store, so it's at 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 09:09 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
Canali just opened a new NYC flagship store on Madison Ave in Manhattan. This comes after a disappointment (for me) in their closing of their South Coast Plaza (Orange County, CA) and Bal Harbour (FL) boutiques earlier in the year—perhaps they will reopen under this new store concept in the future..

https://robbreport.com/style/menswea...234760002/amp/

Old 10-15-2022, 09:54 AM

13,728 posts, read 15,768,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Stand alone Louis Vuitton locations in North America

I didnt include those located inside a department store. Please let me know of any corrections.

Canada:
Calgary, AB
Edmonton, AB
Montreal, QC
Toronto, ON
Vancouver, BC

Caribbean:
Saint Barthelemy, French Virgin Islands
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
San Juan, PR

Mexico & Central America:
Cancun, QR
Mexico City, DF(2)
Panama City, Panama
Puebla, PU
Queretaro, SL

Midwest:
Chicago, IL(3)
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
Edina, MN
Indianapolis, IN
St Louis, MO
Troy, MI

Northeast:
Boston, MA
Farmington, CT
Hackensack, NJ
King of Prussia, PA
Manhasset, NY
McLean, VA
Natick, MA
New York, NY(5)
Paramus, NJ
Pittsburgh, PA
Rutherford, NJ
Short Hills, NJ
Washington, DC
White Plains, NY

South:
Atlanta, GA
Aventura, FL(2)
Austin, TX
Boca Raton, FL
Charleston, SC
Charlotte, NC
Dallas, TX(2)
Fort Worth, TX
Houston, TX(2)
Jacksonville, FL
Miami, FL(2)
Naples, FL
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
Orlando, FL(2)
Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Plano, TX
San Antonio, TX
Tampa, FL
The Woodlands, TX

West:
Aspen, CO
Bellevue, WA
Beverly Hills, CA(2)
Costa Mesa, CA(2)
Denver, CO
Honolulu, HI(3)
Las Vegas, NV(9)
Los Angeles, CA(2)
Maui, HI(2)
Palm Desert, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Portland, OR
Roseville, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
San Diego, CA(2)
San Francisco, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Santa Clara, CA
Scottsdale, AZ(2)
Walnut Creek, CA
How many of these are in the downtown of these cities?

Old 10-15-2022, 01:40 PM

Wow King of Prussia is also getting a Balenciaga. Too bad Philadelphia can't get some of the retail love.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:45 PM

409 posts, read 334,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Wow King of Prussia is also getting a Balenciaga. Too bad Philadelphia can't get some of the retail love.
I'd be interested in seeing the median income numbers for Center City. I've seen $2M+ condos & townhouses listed on Redfin but that somehow wouldn't be enough for a luxury brand to set up shop in?

Do you think the Fashion District would be a good location for luxury retail in Center City or is it already fully leased?

Old 10-15-2022, 06:28 PM

151 posts, read 88,107 times
9 Louis Vuitton stores in Las Vegas? Omg

Old 10-15-2022, 06:57 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,603,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
I'd be interested in seeing the median income numbers for Center City. I've seen $2M+ condos & townhouses listed on Redfin but that somehow wouldn't be enough for a luxury brand to set up shop in?

Do you think the Fashion District would be a good location for luxury retail in Center City or is it already fully leased?

Median income in Center City is likely solidly over 100K at this point.

I think it's honestly a case of major national/international retailers not really buying into more recent trends in Philadelphia. There's without a doubt many more high-income people in Philadelphia--the most after a half-century of losing wealth and likely double that of just a decade ago.

KoP continues to serve as the region's high-end retail juggernaut to the extent that its critical mass makes it very difficult to overcome the siphoning of destination retail.

Last edited by Duderino; 10-15-2022 at 07:38 PM..

Old 10-15-2022, 07:38 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintX View Post
9 Louis Vuitton stores in Las Vegas? Omg
and most of them are within close walking distance of each other.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:34 AM

14,184 posts, read 9,080,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post

Market Street east of City Hall (aka "Market East" or "East Market") has had a downscale reputation for some time now, and the Gallery makeover really hasn't dispelled it. The recent announcement by the 76ers that they want to build an arena they control atop the west end of the Fashion District mall should tell you something about how well it's doing on the retail end.

The money in Center City lives in two neighborhoods. In order of decreasing affluence, they are Society Hill and Rittenhouse Square, the latter the historic silk-stocking district. Market Street lies just to the north of both, while Walnut connects them. And in this city, where one block can make a huge difference, that's a non-trivial distinction.

FTR: The MHI in the Census tract encompassing Old City and Society Hill in 2020 was $115,132. The MHI in the one encompassing Queen Village, just to its south, was $116,250. It was $106,902 in the tract that takes in the southwest part of Rittenhouse Square and Fitler Square. The census tracts between these last two have MHIs in the high $90k range; this territory includes Graduate Hospital, southern Rittenhouse Square and parts of Bella Vista and Hawthorne. So it's not like there's a lack of disposable income for a high-end retailer to scoop up within Center City. It's just that there's a lot more of it on the Main Line and environs; the most affluent of the Main Line's ZIP codes, 19035 (Gladwyne), has an MHI north of $190k, and the MHIs in 19085 (Villanova) and 19087 (Wayne) are closer to that of Gladwyne than to that of Society Hill.

So if you're a luxury brand looking to separate people from their money, you will have an easier time doing so in King of Prussia than on Walnut Street. But maybe the problem is also persuading the luxury brands that they can make a go of it with two Philadelphia locations.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

So if you're a luxury brand looking to separate people from their money, you will have an easier time doing so in King of Prussia than on Walnut Street. But maybe the problem is also persuading the luxury brands that they can make a go of it with two Philadelphia locations.
There have a been a number of popular brands expanding to Walnut Street lately, AllBirds, Aritzia, Faherty, Nike, etc., in addition to some higher-end brands like Tiffany, Tumi, Theory, Rag & Bone, and an authorized Rolex carrier (Govberg). Most are mid-level retailers, but maybe this trend will show high-end brands that they can be successful in the region outside of KoP.

And to your point, KoP is a successful destination retail center surrounded by a lot of wealthy communities, it is naturally the go to place for luxury designers, but stinks that it's a mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City