Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM

322 posts, read 614,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Do you live in New Orleans, I thought you lived in Orlando. You can't even stay on topic in your own thread.
I live in Orlando but I'm from New Orleans. I can stay on topic...I don't need to make uncalled for racist comments like you.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgonzalez12 View Post
I live in Orlando but I'm from New Orleans. I can stay on topic...I don't need to make uncalled for racist comments like you.
Why did you move to Orlando, what are you running from. Did you work in a crawfish factory and hate the smell?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 PM

46 posts, read 51,903 times
Quote:
City Data

Most New Yorkers have a superiority complex and look down on the rest of the world. Read some of the posts on this thread you will see what I mean. I'm not saying that NYC is not a global city or that its not diverse. I'm simply saying that NYC is not the best at everything and even if you agree I'm sure there are many things that you think NYC is the best at when in reality there are other cities that beat NYC in many different categories.

Show me where you read that NYC is the best at everything..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Why did you move to Orlando, what are you running from. Did you work in a crawfish factory and hate the smell?
Actually I wanted to get out the projects. I traded in my pistol for a camera and went to Film School.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Actually I wanted to get out the projects. I traded in my pistol for a camera and went to Film School.

Would suggest looking into NYC, great place for a film maker, so much going on, great city. Loads of connections you just cant get anywhere else. Very competitive though. Thet say if you can make it there you can make it anywhere.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Would suggest looking into NYC, great place for a film maker, so much going on, great city. Loads of connections you just cant get anywhere else. Very competitive though. Thet say if you can make it there you can make it anywhere.
I tried to get into the New York Film Academy but when I found out that they are referring all their students to Full Sail due to a lack of equipment and staff. Plus if I wanted the best of the best of the film industry I would go to a film school in LOS ANGELES (AKA HOLLYWOOD). And the best cities to go work in film are New Orleans, Miami, Austin, Seattle, Chicago, and Philly. NY and LA aren't doing very well right now. The studios are suffering and indie filmmakers are branching out to different and better markets.

And that's not true considering that NY is one of the safest large cities in the country. New Orleans is much tougher actually. I know this from experience.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
were you in the 'nolia?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
NYC itself is not overrated at all...however, I think the people may be (Well atleast on these fourms). I hear all this stuff about New Yorkers being some of the nicest people there are...but some New Yorkers on this site don't seem to reflect the good things I hear about the people there. On the New York City fourm, the people there are very helpful and give you the awnsers you want...but the people there are overrated (according to the things I have read about the people there) when it comes to the city vs city fourm. Many of them seem to think that NYC is the best place for everyone, and is somewhere everyone wants to go...but in real life, the country (for that matter..the world) does not revolve around NYC. If you live in the west...unless you have family there, the west has pretty much nothing to do with New York.

All that being said...NYC is definently Underrated..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
were you in the 'nolia?
Nope...

Melpomene

Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Florida is the #3 state by population. NY state dropped to #4
When?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City