Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Dennver is Overrated?
Yes 9 36.00%
No 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 5,162 times

Advertisements

Really, I do. There's hardly anything special about it: crappy skyline, lame activites, boring, the only reason people started to like it was because of the Democrtic election party and Obama being there not to long ago. So what do you think do you agree with me?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,524,349 times
Not if you are an outdoor person and take advantage of the area...no. City amenities I'd agree. Which are you referring to, then I'll vote... Some people put a lot of value in not just what a city provides but where a city is located (me me me)

Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,396 times
I love the city of Denver, and I loved going to the Rockies when I lived there. I can't drive to Rocky Mountain National Park anymore on a Saturday morning, and be back for dinner anymore. Biking at Red Rocks was incredible.

However, I find some people act like Denver is the most greatest place on Earth, and no place is better. There are still things I didn't like about the place, but every city has its negatives. I dispised the ugly sprawl when I lived there. The endless sea of subdivisions on a treeless plane in extremely large suburbs were on all sides of the city. I had friends in Arvada & Thorton and I had no idea how one could survive there. To each their own I guess.

Inner city Denver is cool. Downtown is very nice and clean. Capitol hill was a very unique, and mixed neighborhood. However, once you get to Cherry creek that is where I started to get disguested with the rest of the Denver metro. I first lived in very suburbish Glendale a few miles east of downtown, and it was God awful. Every city has its ugly suburbs, but Denvers were not my cup of tea.

I like old school neighborhoods with great architecture. For some reason I am more comfortable in old Eastern neighborhoods, and am use to the big trees. All in All, I loved inner city Denver, and the amount of natural beauty in a short drive away. I didn't like a portion of the sprawly, flat, treeless metro. Just my opinion.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
No, I do not think it is overrated. In fact, I think it is often overlooked.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
I'm guessing you haven't been to DeNver if you can't even spell it. No, its definitely not overrated;

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunDugdee View Post
Really, I do. There's hardly anything special about it: crappy skyline, lame activites, boring, the only reason people started to like it was because of the Democrtic election party and Obama being there not to long ago. So what do you think do you agree with me?
Do you live here? If not, I don't think you can really comment. If you do, maybe consider relocating to a place you find more interesting?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Dennver isn't overrated but Denver is

Old 04-17-2009, 11:03 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,040 times
I have visited almost every state in the US , visited most cities, lived in over fifteen towns and cities through out the country...Denver is a very solid place to live...crappy skyline? boring? I don't quite understand what your'e talking about...

Last edited by Scott5280; 04-17-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,089,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunDugdee View Post
I thought this was a 'City vs City' forum? What city is Denver being compared to, or is it just someone’s jilted feelings being expressed? Denver isn't for everyone and that is reflected in its population, it is just a mid-sized city with content residents. Folks are not beating down the doors to get in, no city is perfect. Denver doesn’t try to be something it isn't and true, that can be a turn off.

I find cowardice in a poster who opens a new City-Data account on 4-17-09 with zero rep points but an evident bitterness to express. What is to gain from this? So you get a few others to agree, how does this help anyone anywhere? You didn't like it here and found it boring, at least try to be a big boy/girl and avoid hiding by pretending to be a new poster to CD. Oh, and try a spell check feature, it will help with spelling ‘Denver’ and ‘Democratic!’

To this thread - it is time to whip out the Troll Spray to be used on the OP!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,396 times
^I wish people on this forum would give atleast somewhat of a intellectual reasoning behind their attacks. Such as why did the OP find it boring, and why did he think it was overrated........ So many people attack cities with no reasoning to back up their claims.

My city of Pittsburgh gets attacked on a daily basis on it's subforum. Only very few times are their decent claims behind the bashing. Most of the time it is 12 year old style bashing. I know its far from perfect and I welcome positive criticism. We have a old out of date political structure that is for corruption and against progress, we still have yet more pollution to clean up, we need to improve our rail and public transportation, we need to end sprawl, etc. I can attack my own city without making childish bashing of it. I don't understand why it is so hard to do for so many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City