Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston vs LA
Boston 189 41.45%
Los Angeles 267 58.55%
Voters: 456. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:44 PM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
The Dodgers and the Red Sox aren't rivals.
Was it implied that they were?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,979 times
LA ****s on Boston

Old 05-26-2014, 04:04 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Was it implied that they were?
Mhm, the OP stated they were rivals in the first post:

Quote:
These cities are big time rivals, rather it has to do w/ sports (Lakers v Celtics, Dodgers v Red Sox)...

Old 05-26-2014, 04:15 PM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Mhm, the OP stated they were rivals in the first post:
I guess they did. I don't think they're rivals either. There may be a little tension due to the relatively recent Beckett/Gonzalez trade, but not too much.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:19 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I guess they did. I don't think they're rivals either. There may be a little tension due to the relatively recent Beckett/Gonzalez trade, but not too much.
Maybe slight...maybe, but not really. The Giants are a different story. The Dodgers and the Giants are huge, fist fighting-type rivals. And I understand the Yankees and the Red Sox are major rivals. I don't know where the Dodgers and the Red Sox came from.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 PM

13 posts, read 14,309 times
Just to clear a few things up... Yes I understand it may seem strange for someone originally from Boston to like the Dodgers, but I was never an intense Sox fan I did however always love Manny and I first moved out to LA in 2008 and August of that year Manny got traded to the Dodgers and for less than half a season he hit almost 4.00 and had almost 20 homers and the Dodgers went to the NLCS and lost the Phillys. After that he did not have much impact but I have been a Dodger fan ever since, which for a while kinda sucked, but last year was awesome and I have a good feeling about this year as well. I am however a true Celtics fan through the good and the bad. Growing up in the 1990s was brutal watching Pierce and Antione Walker and then in 2007 when we lost 18 games in a row. Obviously the next year we won the ship and had other competative years and now we are back to sucking but I have been a fan through thick and thin. I will say however since moving out here the Lakers have grown on me a little bit. My company has seasons tickets and I love going Staples Center blows away the TD Garden and I dig the vibe of the LA sports culture in general, but if they were playing the Celtics you can bet I would booo everytime Kobe touched the ball!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:24 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
Being the one who suggested that one way you could be a Dodger fan would be if you hadn't followed sports (or the Sox) much while growing up in Boston, I guess I have to acknowledge that it's possible. Be careful, though. If your posts raise more questions about this, I might have to give you that Boston quiz I mentioned above.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Quiz away I lived there the first 22 years of my life and my parents lived there up until 2 years ago until they retired to Scottsdale

Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
I was pretty much kidding. However, my kidding around about that did inspire me to start a Boston quiz thread in the Boston sub-forum. Thread hasn't gone anywhere. Mild interest for a day or two and then no more posts. That might be partly because I blew the explanation in the opening post. I meant for the thread to be about the questions that other users would ask to test someone's knowledge of Boston, not a quiz for the users themselves, but I explained that poorly in the opening post.

A few of the questions I included in the opening post were about local celebrities. Like who are Barry and Eliot? Of course someone could look it up on the net, so you'd really have to be quizzing the person face to face to be sure he answered correctly out of actual knowledge, but it's all in fun anyway.

The Barry and Eliot question proves more about not living in Boston than about living there. That's info you might pick up during a visit to Boston, so knowing the answer doesn't necessarily prove that someone lived there, but if someone doesn't know that one, it's almost a guarantee that he's bs-ing if he claims to have actually lived in Boston.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM

You picked the right guy for that question. There the owners of Jordans not sure which one is the guy with the ponytail in the commercials but I used to go to the Reading Jordans almost every weekend growing up to the IMAX and fudruckers. I actually grew up in Lynnfield not too far away if you are familiar with the North Shore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City