Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,472 times

Advertisements

It seems so disjoint. The is the headlights, below that, DRL(?), then fog lights.... And the grill, the less said the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It's looks Chinese. Certainly doesn't look like a JEEP. I hope they don't mess with the Wrangers, I plan to buy one this year.
I own a 2008 unlimited. It's never been in the shop. Awesome vehicle.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I own a 2008 unlimited. It's never been in the shop. Awesome vehicle.

No water leaks for you, Mr. Joshua? I hear that's a big complaint in the JK/JKU crowd.

I have a YJ, so I couldn't give a rats ass if a poured cats n' dogs in my Jeep. lol

Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
No water leaks for you, Mr. Joshua? I hear that's a big complaint in the JK/JKU crowd.

I have a YJ, so I couldn't give a rats ass if a poured cats n' dogs in my Jeep. lol
No water leaks. Maybe I just got lucky.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Horrifically ugly!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Yep, another dud for Jeep. I used to be a real Jeep fan, but they have pretty much lost their way. About the only two vehicles that they have produced in the last 15 years that were all around decent were the 1997-2002 Jeep Cherokee and the 2012+ Jeep Wrangler. That vintage of Cherokee was about the most reliable for all of the years it was produced and was about the last Jeep, other than the Wrangler, that truly was backcountry-capable out of the factory. The 2012+ Wrangler only makes my OK list because it is really the last Jeep that is truly backcountry-capable out of the factory, and because the 2012+ has the 3.6 Pentastar engine, rather than the "dog" 3.7. Older Wranglers featured the same bulletproof 4.0L Six that graced the Cherokee, but, for all their off-road prowess, those older Wranglers were one of the least reliable vehicles on the road. Same for most years of the Grand Cherokee.

Despite the "Trail Rated" BS--like a stupid little badge can put lipstick on a pig--most all of Jeep's other offerings since about 2000 aren't really backcountry capable without a fair amount of modification--and most not at all. The Compass and Patriot certainly fall in the "not at all" category. About the one decent thing in that era that Jeep did was to offer the 2.8 CRD (diesel) in the 2005-2006 Liberty, though the vehicle itself lacked both sufficient springs to support the weight of the CRD engine and sufficient ground clearance for true off-road use and so had to be significantly modified to be truly backcountry-capable. The 3.7 Liberty's were dogs for fuel economy, engine performance, and backcountry capability.

The 2012+ Grand Cherokees can achieve some off-road capability, but only through all kinds of mechanical complexity of air shocks and other features that help drive the price of the vehicle into the stratosphere.

Now, we get this latest "cute-ute" (that isn't even cute) based on a car platform--a market segment crowded by just about every auto manufacturer out there. If Jeep had any brains, they would concentrate on marketing 4WD vehicles that actually are capable of true backcountry use, instead of trying to make yet another city-slicker, yuppie-pleasing faux 4WD.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Why not stamp Jeep on any tuna fish can anymore. The older ones are in high demand,I have an older carbed yj with a lift and so forth that is a real jeep and can go anywhere.Have an old field & stream magizine that tested the old YJ. Title was best hunting rigs for under 10k. nope Jeep is done forever. A ford F150 stripped could eat a new jeep.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Why not stamp Jeep on any tuna fish can anymore. The older ones are in high demand,I have an older carbed yj with a lift and so forth that is a real jeep and can go anywhere.Have an old field & stream magizine that tested the old YJ. Title was best hunting rigs for under 10k. nope Jeep is done forever. A ford F150 stripped could eat a new jeep.
Hey now, one YJ owner to another, I think we both know the JK can and will out strip an F-150 in every aspect when it comes to off road ability. Is it full of plastic and creature comforts a Jeep doesn't need? Yes. But its still an unbeatable 4x4 out of the box.

Now......when Fiat gets rid of the solid front axle like I think they will, I will agree with your statement. lol

Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
U obviously know nothing about automobiles. First of all the CRV and Rav4 arent even in the same class as the Cherokee. Secondly the Cherokee is NOT replacing the Liberty. The Cherokee has been around way before the Liberty was even manufactured.
Sorry you are wrong. do a Google. The Cherokee IS replacing the Liberty.
Before you attack people do a google

Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Sorry you are wrong. do a Google. The Cherokee IS replacing the Liberty.
Before you attack people do a google
This is correct. But you know what I don't understand?

If they'd just cut some (alot) of the fat off the current Liberty, and give it a proper Cherokee grill and lights..........

WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram