Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Wow.. youre a complete moron.. keep talking about pricing for an over year old vehicle instead of the current one in question by the OP.. YOURE 53k is wrong... not even close to the REAL 56990.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel First Drive - Motor Trend
Wait, you think the OP was talking about a 2014 GRAND CHEROKEE? You may want to read the OP again.

And what you were clearly wrong about is that there was not another model over 60K. As much as you want to magically make a number less than that equal to that math is just not on your side.

And again, do you have any issues with other people talking about non 2014 models? Because they did. But that wasn't in the OP. Clearly I have upset you and you are in attack mode. It happens. I get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So why did you give someone such a hard time in another teacher, because they wanted a CR-V?

Compact SUVs are damned popular. People like the looks, the versatility, and the efficiency compared to "real" SUVs. Why wouldn't a carmaker build these?

As for this new Jeep compact SUV/CUV, I don't happen to like that front end at all. Looks kind of like a blingy "tooth grill" that some hip-hop musicians are so proud of. Maybe it will grow on me a bit, but I doubt it. More importantly though I don't think Chrysler can make a competitive compact SUV. This Cherokee is a dead-on competitor to the CR-V, RAV4, and Subaru Forester or Outback. The Subarus own the snow country market and this Cherokee won't change that. Reusing the old name will not help. Old timers who remember the Cherokee will react just like the posters here - "that isn't a Cherokee!" Younger buyers will not change their bias towards the Japanese or Korean brands.
I keep seeing that the cherokee is a direct competitor to the rav4, crv, outback, escape, rogue, etc.... Yet I have never seen or heard of anyone cross shop the cherokee with the mentioned cuv's.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I keep seeing that the cherokee is a direct competitor to the rav4, crv, outback, escape, rogue, etc.... Yet I have never seen or heard of anyone cross shop the cherokee with the mentioned cuv's.

Because it wasn't before, but the new one is

Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Because it wasn't before, but the new one is
So the new cherokee is considered a compact economical CUV? If so then what class is the Patriot and compass in?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Wait, you think the OP was talking about a 2014 GRAND CHEROKEE? You may want to read the OP again.

And what you were clearly wrong about is that there was not another model over 60K. As much as you want to magically make a number less than that equal to that math is just not on your side.

And again, do you have any issues with other people talking about non 2014 models? Because they did. But that wasn't in the OP. Clearly I have upset you and you are in attack mode. It happens. I get it.
Since you want to act like a STUBBORN moron as well, and you say year was not specified well then neither was location. So they do infact make a Jeep model over 60k that is NOT a SRT.

Brazil's Ridiculous $80,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Forbes

Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
LOL that grill is fugly.

It will sell like hotcakes. They had no trouble moving the Patriot, Compass, and half a dozen other pieces of crap.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Seems to be some confusion in the thread by some folks.

The 2014 Cherokee is basically the Jeep Liberty replacement in the lineup. I am sure they will sell plenty, just as they sold plenty of Liberty's over the years (especially when it was new and replaced the old Cherokee).

Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
It looks like the old Mazda van.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
So they do infact make a Jeep model over 60k that is NOT a SRT.

Brazil's Ridiculous $80,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Forbes

Uh, no, they don't. It's the same car as it is sold here. Brazil tacks on a ton of taxes on automobiles and electronics that are imported so they all end up as double or triple the price.

There are some cities in Brazil where the most luxurious car you'll find is a Honda Civic, and you're a baller if you have one.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Uh, no, they don't. It's the same car as it is sold here. Brazil tacks on a ton of taxes on automobiles and electronics that are imported so they all end up as double or triple the price.

There are some cities in Brazil where the most luxurious car you'll find is a Honda Civic, and you're a baller if you have one.

Wheres here? When did this automotive forum become a location specific forum? Exactly. Theres posters from allover the globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram