Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,239,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
This is correct. But you know what I don't understand?

If they'd just cut some (alot) of the fat off the current Liberty, and give it a proper Cherokee grill and lights..........

WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Patriot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
The Patriot

HA! Touche, Me007gold. Well played, good sir. lol

Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM

974 posts, read 1,897,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
About the only two vehicles that they have produced in the last 15 years that were all around decent were the 1997-2002 Jeep Cherokee .... That vintage of Cherokee was about the most reliable for all of the years it was produced and was about the last Jeep, other than the Wrangler, that truly was backcountry-capable out of the factory. Older Wranglers featured the same bulletproof 4.0L Six that graced the Cherokee...
I second that - had a YJ and TJ then went to the larger and lower Cherokee out of necessity.

I'm holding onto my faithful 2000 Cherokee (even though it only has three original parts left ) because everything Jeep is *now* crap. Can't stand the extended cab Wrangler. The Liberty was meh. Grand Cherokees are asking to be keyed in the city and it is wrong taking it off-roading on the beach IMO.

Last time my Jeep was at my local mechanic, there were two other black Cherokees getting once over. I think the Cherokees called each other so they could hang out at the shop together and shoot the breeze like oldtimers.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,148,496 times
The thing that always amuses me is that they feel the need to put the word "Jeep" on the front. If they style it correctly, then people know it's a damn Jeep. If they don't, then no one will ever know or care what the hell it is.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
WTF JEEP

That really is Aztek ugly. What a hideous, hideous vehicle. Somebody needs to be fired over this.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
NO! Ugh...this thing is sitting on the Dart platform.

The Cherokee is supposed to be RUGGED SQUARE!!! What's next? Are they going to do this to the Wrangler too?!?!?!

That's an upper trim level too. Have you guys seen the base trim? Non-body coloured. Grey.
This thing is either going to get the fastest face lift in automotive history, or its going to be a total flop.

Are those rectangle headlights supposed to be some nod to the past? Either do it right, or let the Cherokee name die with dignity.

Front wheel drive Cherokee. Gimmie a break.

Stock XJ Vs. 38 inch XJ Snow Wheeling (Explicit lyrics) - YouTube
Agreed this is the Real Jeep Cherokee thaty was one of the best off-Road SUVès ever built aqnd still has a loyal following today and dchrysler has ruined the image of it by offering a FWD version as ugly as the 2014

Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowbe202 View Post
Last time my Jeep was at my local mechanic, there were two other black Cherokees getting once over. I think the Cherokees called each other so they could hang out at the shop together and shoot the breeze like oldtimers.

lol What the hell is it with Jeep owners? In my parking garage, there's my 91 YJ, and two spots over there is a early 90's Cherokee. Across from them, and right in the middle, is a 09 JK. I feel like these two rusty old birds have nothing to do but grumble at the youngin, and tell it that real Jeeps leave oil stains.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

Stock XJ Vs. 38 inch XJ Snow Wheeling (Explicit lyrics) - YouTube
Agreed this is the Real Jeep Cherokee thaty was one of the best off-Road SUVès ever built aqnd still has a loyal following today and dchrysler has ruined the image of it by offering a FWD version as ugly as the 2014
Nice video! Those things might as well have been on pavement.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 PM

Also, let us pause in rememberance, shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIzXYVzGMSU

Old 02-24-2013, 08:55 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I wasn't wrong about anything. I was going off of the Jeep website. Obviously those aren't the 2014 models. And it still isn't 60K. I don't know about you but I don't round anything when I make a purchase. And if you are going to throw out taxes, how about throwing out that no one pays MSRP? Oh wait, this must be amateur hour.

Again, right now today you can get a Summit for way less than the numbers you are posting. Do you agree with that or not?
I never said 60k first of all. I said a NON SRT reaches 57-58k which it in fact in Jeeps numbers it does. THAT IS 100% correct. We are clearly talking sticker prices here. You didnt even know which year you were talking about originally when you threw out the 53K #.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram