Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM

169 posts, read 284,073 times

Advertisements

I don't like the face of it. That is not a traditional Jeep face. I am a more traditional type person so that is why I don't like it. Too bad, I was waiting to see what Chrysler would do to the Liberty replacement, hoping it would be called a Cherokee (thank you) and that it would look somewhat like the old Cherokee (that left us in 2001). At least the rear door handles are where they should be and it looks like a 4 door should. I don't like that (hidden) rear door handle (coupe type) look so many are using right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM

4,208 posts, read 3,757,431 times
I think they could have redesigned the Liberty slighty for that more traditional boxy rugged Jeep look and called that a Cherokee. I hate to think that people want to buy a Jeep to feel like every other car on the road. People once bought Jeeps because they were traditional, boxy and basic and different from everything else. They are starting to blend into the boring culture our society has created.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
They should of brought back the 2000 Jeep Cherokee "Classic" styling even though not many were sold it look the most modern and a Direct injected 4.0 I-6 and 8-speed auto would ogf been great to see .

Now add the frame and suspension and skid plates factory installed Warm which as well as a 5.7 Hemi option along with the 4.0HO I-6 and their is the Sahara model and use the Ram Power Wagon for the Rubicon to base that trim level off of and have Quadra-Drive II not the FWD based crossover Freedom Drive

Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM

455 posts, read 1,118,183 times
I'll take the base Grand Cherokee (Mercedes platform) over the loaded Cherokee (Fiat) any day.

Jeep should always take the conservative route, like the evolution of the Wrangler and JGC, then sudden changes like the 2014 version. I can almost bet they will revise the front-end styling in 2-3 years due to consumer input.

IMO, I'd take the previous generation Toyota Rav4 V6 or new Ford Escape turbo-4 over the 2014 Cherokee.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,469,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Thats because those people don't exist anymore. SUVs are soccer mom cars. They have been for a long time now. Trying to market to hard core offroaders is a money losing business.
Maybe there are no people left like that in whatever la-la-land that you live in, but where I live there are still plenty of people that actually REQUIRE a backcountry-capable vehicle as part of their work. I am one. We are basically being forced to hold on to old 4WD's because there is relatively little available in new vehicles in this country that will meet our needs. As for the comment in another post of buying a backcountry-capable full-size truck, that is what a lot people wind up doing these days. The problem there is that there are some backcountry roads where a full-size pickup/SUV is just too physically big to fit.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,321,180 times
Forget about the Cherokee and wait until Winter for the return of the Big Daddy: 8 SUVs worth waiting for - Yahoo! Autos

Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
I always liked Aztecs....get it in sleek black, tint the windows, black rims....maybe white tires? Inside tan leather...that's a car.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
LOL that grill is fugly.

It will sell like hotcakes. They had no trouble moving the Patriot, Compass, and half a dozen other pieces of crap.
Don't get this wrong. Chrysler didn't really sell many of those models.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Seems to be some confusion in the thread by some folks.

The 2014 Cherokee is basically the Jeep Liberty replacement in the lineup. I am sure they will sell plenty, just as they sold plenty of Liberty's over the years (especially when it was new and replaced the old Cherokee).
I don't understand why after 120+ posts on this thread so many here don't get it. This Cherokee has NOTHING to do with the SUV sold before the GRAND CHEROKEE. This new Cherokee is a compact car based SUV. Just like just about every other compact SUV.

That so many here are confused bodes badly for Chrysler when this vehicle hits the market. It's as if Ford chose to call the current Fiesta a Cougar. I really think Jeep should have just called this a Liberty instead of re-using the Cherokee name.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Maybe there are no people left like that in whatever la-la-land that you live in, but where I live there are still plenty of people that actually REQUIRE a backcountry-capable vehicle as part of their work.
Yeah and those people can't afford a new car so they'll have to deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't understand why after 120+ posts on this thread so many here don't get it. This Cherokee has NOTHING to do with the SUV sold before the GRAND CHEROKEE. This new Cherokee is a compact car based SUV. Just like just about every other compact SUV.

That so many here are confused bodes badly for Chrysler when this vehicle hits the market. It's as if Ford chose to call the current Fiesta a Cougar. I really think Jeep should have just called this a Liberty instead of re-using the Cherokee name.
Again, people that are easily confused usually can't afford a new car so they're not exactly on Chrysler's radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram