Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 04:57 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is your fallible human interpretation probably taught to you by other fallible humans but that is NOT what it says. You operate on a lot of fallible human assumptions about the Bible and Jesus that have no basis in anything Jesus taught, described, divinely revealed, or unambiguously demonstrated about God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. I am saddened that your state of mind from watching the Passion of the Christ is all about YOU and YOUR LIFE! I am not happy about the prospects for your Spirit if that is the state of your soul. If you would save your life you will lose it, brother.
God was all about me and my life when He died for me.

Of course all of humanity is selfish by nature.

If you deny that you yourself have selfishness in you, you are not being honest with yourself.

It is in fact what Hebrews 10:7 says, that every word of holy scripture is about Jesus in some way, shape, or form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 05:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God was all about me and my life when He died for me.

Of course all of humanity is selfish by nature.

If you deny that you yourself have selfishness in you, you are not being honest with yourself.

It is in fact what Hebrews 10:7 says, that every word of holy scripture is about Jesus in some way, shape, or form.
You believe that because that was you. I know a bunch of folk who are not christians that are more christ like than most of us. It is very sad that you have such a poor opinion of others, and due to that can never see them with the eyes of the Father to reach the broken hearted, the down trodden, the oppressed and poor.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You believe that because that was you. I know a bunch of folk who are not christians that are more christ like than most of us. It is very sad that you have such a poor opinion of others, and due to that can never see them with the eyes of the Father to reach the broken hearted, the down trodden, the oppressed and poor.
I suppose that the Holy Spirit simply doesn't convict some people.

Those whom He does speak to, He speaks to them of sin and righteousness and of judgment (John 16:8).

The first time I ever read Jeremiah 17:9, it resonated with me because my father had hammered it into my head that I was inconsiderate and selfish.

Those who do not have the privilege of having been abused in such a fashion may not be able to receive Jeremiah 17:9 the first time that they read it; for they may actually have a conceited view of their own moral life (see Proverbs 26:12).

Those who do not have Christ through faith may indeed be Christ-like; and God says that He will commend them for their behaviour (1 Corinthians 4:5, Isaiah 57:12); however, the reality of their righteousness, if it be of the law and not of faith in Jesus, is that it is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6); and therefore it will not profit them to get them into heaven when they stand before God on their personal day of judgment.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I suppose that the Holy Spirit simply doesn't convict some people.

Those whom He does speak to, He speaks to them of sin and righteousness and of judgment (John 16:8).

The first time I ever read Jeremiah 17:9, it resonated with me because my father had hammered it into my head that I was inconsiderate and selfish.

Those who do not have the privilege of having been abused in such a fashion may not be able to receive Jeremiah 17:9 the first time that they read it; for they may actually have a conceited view of their own moral life (see Proverbs 26:12).

Those who do not have Christ through faith may indeed be Christ-like; and God says that He will commend them for their behaviour (1 Corinthians 4:5, Isaiah 57:12); however, the reality of their righteousness, if it be of the law and not of faith in Jesus, is that it is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6); and therefore it will not profit them to get them into heaven when they stand before God on their personal day of judgment.
Sin is unbelief. EVERYTHING that is not OF faith IS sin. Romans 14:23. Faith is not saying you believe in the Bible.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:51 AM

Biblical saving faith is faith in the testimony of what holy scripture teaches.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Biblical saving faith is faith in the testimony of what holy scripture teaches.
Jesus, nor the apostles taught no such things. They taught faith IN what Jesus Christ accomplished.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:03 AM

Biblical saving faith is faith in the testimony of what holy scripture teaches; and neither Jesus nor any of the apostles will ever deny this; for it is faithful and true doctrine.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Biblical saving faith is faith in the testimony of what holy scripture teaches; and neither Jesus nor any of the apostles will ever deny this; for it is faithful and true doctrine.
Like I just told you, they taught faith in the accomplished work of Jesus Christ.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:30 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:

Old 02-26-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It is faith in what the scriptures tell us what Jesus Christ and the Apostles taught. We know BY everything the Apostles taught, that it our faith should be in the finished and accomplished work of Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity