Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 06:58 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But the bible is what the fundy munches on, not the fruit of the spirit. Heard the saying we are what we eat ?.
Your badmouthing Christians who do not believe your home-made theology certainly doesn't exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. It would be helpful if you would get the plank out of your own eye before you try to get the speck out of anyone else's eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 06:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The question has been answered, you just don't like it or don't undersatnd it.
So far, omega2xx, NO one has explained the difference between the "Lord, Lord" of those who were condemned and the confession of faith you say merits the "seal." I have asked for clarification of this but if you see an answer, please point it out to me, or even better, just go ahead and answer it now. WHAT is missing from the "Lord, Lord" that is present in the qualifying "confession?"

Old 09-22-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
I can't believe you think salvation is about going to heaven rather than living by it. Now is the day, this present moment.
The subject is not about going to heaven or living by it. It is about is believing in Jesus the only requirement for going to heaven.

So post a verse that makes living by it, a requirement.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
The message of the cross as always been one of love..... This is very foolish to the fundy who wants to make it about sin and eternal damnation to hell. What more could he have done to prove the love of God to the world?.
It is about BOTH. For God so LOVED the world that he GAVE His only begotten Son(to pay for our sins) that whoever BELIEVES in Him would have ETERNAL life.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
this is Understand I AM to me. I grew up in that world in your first sentence, and that is the mechanism used to ensnare the fearful and deny that a Christian needs to do anything other than point their finger. Thankfully, that church has been weighed and apparently found wanting now. What will rise in its place who knows, but i notice churches now that do not excommunicate one for visiting another church at least.
When the Light of God's word shines in our heart, all of the darkness of works salvation is show to be wrong.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:16 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
When the Light of God's word shines in our heart, all of the darkness of works salvation is show to be wrong.
The Light of God himself is much brighter.

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,†is the One who has shone in our hearts to give us the Light of the knowledge of the glory and majesty of God [clearly revealed] in the face of Christ

God is hid within the darkness of all mankind.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Baloney, There is no pass to heaven,
Then why do you continue to try and make loving and good works the pass, and you cant post a verse that validates that home-made errant theology.

[quote]where are you coming up with the unscriptural belief on salvation?. <<

The only place that is reliable, God's word. Go through your Bible is you use one ,and erase all the verses you have crossed out that make salvation dependent on believing in Jesus.

Quote:
Scriptural Salvation is living victoriously by the grace of God in this present life.
Then post a verse that says that.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:18 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
It is about BOTH. For God so LOVED the world that he GAVE His only begotten Son(to pay for our sins) that whoever BELIEVES in Him would have ETERNAL life.
No it is not both. It's about God not sin. Only fundies make it about sin. The more you make it about sin the more the grace of God abounds . Jesus repeatedly demonstrated this, whenever a Pharisee made it about the sin of another, Jesus made it about the grace,love, mercy and forgiveness of God.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
It is not Yay, I have my ticket to heaven,Hallelujah, thank you Jesus you saved me from eternal hell. I am now saved from it and always will be.

Read Ephesians 2: 8-10 to see the purpose of salvation...... That's right, to live how God always intended and desired you too, if you're not, you still haven't understood the good news .
What about "not of works" that you don't understand? That is so simple even a cave man can understand it.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I have read the thread and cannot see where this question has been answered. Let me answer on behalf of him and the whole bible fundamentalist evangelical apostate church.

Lord Jesus Christ, I know I have sinned in my thoughts, words and actions.
There are so many good things I have not done. There are so many sinful things I have done.
I am sorry for my sins and turn from everything I know to be wrong.
You gave your life upon the cross for me. Gratefully I give my life back to you.
Now I ask you to come into my life.
Come in as my Savior to cleanse me.
Come in as my Lord to control me.
And I will serve you all the remaining years of my life in complete obedience.

Norman Warren, the sinners prayer.
Really amusing. What do you think "come into my life" means? Where is is the requirement to live a good life made a requirement> The :come in" verse indicated I can't do it, I need you to do it form me.

That is what the CROSS accomplished for us who can not live a life good enough to go to heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity