Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 08:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,958,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
First of all it was not a confession, it was boasting to remind Jesus of how good they were. All you need to do to KNOW if hey were sincere is to look at Jesus response to them. What does that tell you?
I am asking what it tells YOU. If it was not a statement of faith as calling someone "Lord" seems to me to be, what WAS it? The boasting comes in a later passage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
sorry, but what you did here is suggest that they had no confession prior to their death, in order to make confession = salvation imo. They had a confession all right. That they weren't sincere is obvious.
Hello! What makes a confession "sincere?"

Old 09-22-2016, 08:05 AM

I see that I was editing AFTER some responses that I missed, so I am reposting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
ALL that I have asked you to do is to distinguish the bolded "When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit" in the confession of faith by those who were rejected even though they SAID "Lord, Lord."

I have asked this in different ways and from different directions from different people who say that "Believe" is the key and I get NO answer. WHY?

Try a different direction: WHAT is the difference between the "demons who believe and tremble" and those who receive the "seal?"

Finn even stated that faith is not just an intellectual acknowledgement, but seemed unable to tell how it is different from an intellectual acknowldegement.

Well, hello! your last phrase touches on the answer to which we can all agree, but you can't seem to put it into place.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:07 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,002,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Light of God himself is much brighter.

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,†is the One who has shone in our hearts to give us the Light of the knowledge of the glory and majesty of God [clearly revealed] in the face of Christ

God is hid within the darkness of all mankind.
The Shekinah glory of God cannot be hidden. Those sitting in darkness can't SEE it, because Satan has blinded them so they cannot SEE the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God(2 Cor 4:4).

Give up your home-made theology and just believe what God says. Study to show yourself approved. Then become a Berean Christian.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
You are a bunch of bible munchers who think believing it is the fruit of the spirit. It isn't and a caveman can understand that too.
Even after being told, you still are not exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit, by insulting those who reject your home-made theology, and that is so simple even a cave child can understand that.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Post the verse that makes living by it ? . You are showing your true colors, you believe that salvation is about going to heaven and believing that is the pass to it

Read your bible, Jesus Christ taught doing throughout the whole of the 4 gospels, not to attain a pass, but to live how he desires all of us to live. It's kingdom living if you haven't heard, anything other is a looks like form of godliness( only to the gullible) that denies the power.
Pontification does not answer the question. You would if you could, but you can't. Now everyone KNOWS else you can't.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
That's funny, I seem to spend most of my time having to show you scriptures which contradict your beliefs.
What is funny is what you just said.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,643,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Are you saying that "DOING" is what is important as opposed to "claiming?"
oops.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:21 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,643,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
We love because God FIRST loved us. Until we FIRST love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. we cannot love our neighbor as our self.
a kid can, so i'm not buyin it, sorry.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Too bad the repentance club does not under stand the process.

LOVE = GRACE = MERCY = JUSTICE
---------------HUMILITY----------------
None of those are possible until Jesus becomes our Savior. Even then, sinful human beings cannot exhibit them 100%, 100% of the time. When we are converted, they become our goals, but not accomplished completely.

It is a good that that God only looks at our heart not on our outward appearance. We accomplish them 100% spiritually when they become the desires of our heart to please God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity