Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,756,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
This thread is now out of control and seems to be about des moines weather v chicago weather. You don't hate people from Milwaukee , you hate each other.
It's a sunny 54 degrees outside right now (possibly looking at 60 tomorrow), and it looks almost as bright outside as it did at noon. Can't complain about that.

Looks like Chicago is at 38, with a wind chill of 30, it won't even be that cold in Des Moines tonight. Milwaukee is probably even slightly colder.

It's also gotta be very close to being almost totally dark outside, over in the rust belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 04:49 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
It's a sunny 54 degrees outside right now (possibly looking at 60 tomorrow), and it looks almost as bright outside as it did at noon. Can't complain about that.

Looks like Chicago is at 38, with a wind chill of 30, it won't even be that cold in Des Moines tonight. Milwaukee is probably even slightly colder.

It's also gotta be very close to being almost totally dark outside, over in the rust belt.
Dude. When it was colder there, you said "well, it's like that SOMETIMES, but not USUALLY". Then I posted the link to CLIMATE data that proves that the two are very similar, with Des Moines slightly cooler in the summers. You ignored it, now counter with weather.

Then you say Chicago and Minneapolis are almost the same and have all the same stuff, citing Ikea, which most cities of any size have. (We have two in the burbs.) You also mentioned boutiques, and I did a quick scan of some upscale names in a few different categories. Some overlap. Mpls doesn't have, for example, a chanel, gucci, or Nokia store. I didn't see anything Mpls has that Chicago doesn't.

Look, there's nothing wrong with Minneapolis! Or Des Moines! Or Milwaukee! It baffles me that you rail so hard against the city. It doesn't make sense.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:02 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,803,926 times
Ronnie, you're making me laugh buddy. You have no grasp of reality.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Des Moines being warmer, is the norm, it's only the exception when Chicago is warmer.

Summer in Des Moines makes Chicago feel like Antarctica as well. I've never felt it get under 60 in Des Moines during the summer months, in Chicago, this happened often. Again, I've lived in both cities, and Chicago just doesn't get the same heat indexes you see often in Des Moines. And it's even warmer than Des Moines in Omaha, and Kansas City! and Lincoln, NE! You know that, I don't care, but you care when I say Des Moines is warmer than Chicago. lol. I think there might be more hills in Des Moines as well.

You guys will just bring out that 1996 heat wave whenever someone tells you Chicago isn't that hot in summer. I did notice that living there.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Ronnie, you're making me laugh buddy. You have no grasp of reality.
I expect such responses from forum "know it alls" like you.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM

179 posts, read 481,076 times
I think the phrase "If you can't take the cold, stay out of f***ing Chicago" should be added to the FAQ. All this crap about the weather is so annoying. Yeah it's not Miami or SoCal, but whatever. If you can't take the weather just stay away.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM

378 posts, read 1,289,237 times
This thread was ridiculous to start with, now it's just gotten unbearable.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM

There's still some sunlight left in Des Moines too! Bet you can't say that in Chicago!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
This thread was ridiculous to start with, now it's just gotten unbearable.
Well, they are easily baited, and this is fun. I tell them a smaller city in the midwest has two advantages to Chicago, not as cold, and longer daylight, and all of a sudden, it becomes more serious than the Geneva Convention (to them, I'm just amused).

Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Des Moines being warmer, is the norm, it's only the exception when Chicago is warmer.

Summer in Des Moines makes Chicago feel like Antarctica as well. I've never felt it get under 60 in Des Moines during the summer months, in Chicago, this happened often. Again, I've lived in both cities, and Chicago just doesn't get the same heat indexes you see often in Des Moines. And it's even warmer than Des Moines in Omaha, and Kansas City! and Lincoln, NE! You know that, I don't care, but you care when I say Des Moines is warmer than Chicago. lol. I think there might be more hills in Des Moines as well.

You guys will just bring out that 1996 heat wave whenever someone tells you Chicago isn't that hot in summer. I did notice that living there.
I've already posted the data. Chicago has slightly warmer winters and cooler summers than Des Moines, but only by a few degrees in either direction. The difference is negligible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago