Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 07:41 PM

4,662 posts, read 4,977,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
*Sigh* Now the latest chapter in this Three Ring Circus is Brown's mother telling CBS This Morning that Wilson wanted to kill somebody that day and just happened to pick her son. It's difficult to begrudge an angry and grieving mother but that's still a sh*#ty thing to say. Where are her handlers that rushed to her side and why are they letting her talk like this? And honestly, shame on the media for sticking a microphone in this obviously anguished woman's face and giving her a platform to say these terrible things to a national audience.
Shame on the media, ha ha, good one.

No one involved in this has any shame. That's the entire problem.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
While certain racial prejudices exist in both blacks and whites. The senseless killings and crime among black against others blacks must stop also. A 19 year old black girl was shot by a young black male at a Marta bus stop here in Atlanta and later died . It is quite duplicitous, but the very thing people are upset about in Ferguson;insensitivity against young black life is what we continue to do among ourselves in our own community. You can't promote one message, while murders, and crimes continue daily against your own race of people. Oh how people need discernment and should stop letting the media shape the narrative. Think critically and please be smart.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:31 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
While certain racial prejudices exist in both blacks and whites. The senseless killings and crime among black against others blacks must stop also. A 19 year old black girl was shot by a young black male at a Marta bus stop here in Atlanta and later died . It is quite duplicitous, but the very thing people are upset about in Ferguson;insensitivity against young black life is what we continue to do among ourselves in our own community. You can't promote one message, while murders, and crimes continue daily against your own race of people. Oh how people need discernment and should stop letting the media shape the narrative. Think critically and please be smart.
Black on black crime is inappropriate in this conversation. It has nothing to do with why people are protesting.

Black on black crime is a distraction to shift blame.

Go complain about white on white crime while you're at it.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 PM

596 posts, read 820,900 times
Why can't people just focus on improving themselves instead of rioting and destroying their own communities?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Default Holes in the Ferguson evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I know there's deep racial divide amongst many, but Ill tell you what... If I was confronted with the evidence that the protesters and jury were given, I would simply admit defeat and call it a day, no matter how much angst I might have. Theres absolutely no reason to continue with the protests and/or rioting. Simply no reason whatsoever. He robbed a store, rushed a cop, tried to get Wilson's gun, and got shot. You live by the sword, you die by the sword, sadly.
Ferguson grand jury documents

Documents from the Ferguson grand jury

Holes in the evidence

1. Wilson washed away blood evidence.

2. The first officer to interview Wilson failed to take any notes.

3. Investigators failed to measure the likely distance between Brown and Wilson (when it was measured by someone not a police officer, it came out to be 148 ft, not 35 ft as Wilson alleged). See pictures uploaded.

4. Investigators never tested Wilson's gun for fingerprints (note that the gun was washed before the testing of the gun for evidence began).

5. Wilson did not immediately turn over his weapon as police protocol requires.

6. The initial interview was delayed while Wilson went to the hospital. Note that his injuries as shown by the official pictures look minor. The pictures were released after the grand jury verdict.

7. Wilson's initial interview conflicts with his current story. He says now he knew about the robbery, but initially, the police said he did not know about it.

8. The ONLY witness who supported Wilson's version of events posted racist comments on her blog the afternoon of August 9th.

9. The only wound with gunshot residue was the one to MB's thumb - this supports the fact that there was a scuffle at the car, but none of the other wounds were at close range. The autopsy report is NOT conclusive as to whether MB was charging at Wilson (and I find that doubtful given that people don't usually turn and charge at someone who is shooting at them). It is possible he turned to surrender and also possible he turned to charge, but the final shot was to the top of his head which means he was kneeling and already down.
Attached Thumbnails
Riots in Chicago?-distance_06.jpg   Riots in Chicago?-distance_07.png  

Old 11-26-2014, 10:55 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Ferguson grand jury documents

Documents from the Ferguson grand jury

Holes in the evidence

1. Wilson washed away blood evidence.

2. The first officer to interview Wilson failed to take any notes.

3. Investigators failed to measure the likely distance between Brown and Wilson (when it was measured by someone not a police officer, it came out to be 148 ft, not 35 ft as Wilson alleged). See pictures uploaded.

4. Investigators never tested Wilson's gun for fingerprints (note that the gun was washed before the testing of the gun for evidence began).

5. Wilson did not immediately turn over his weapon as police protocol requires.

6. The initial interview was delayed while Wilson went to the hospital. Note that his injuries as shown by the official pictures look minor. The pictures were released after the grand jury verdict.

7. Wilson's initial interview conflicts with his current story. He says now he knew about the robbery, but initially, the police said he did not know about it.

8. The ONLY witness who supported Wilson's version of events posted racist comments on her blog the afternoon of August 9th.

9. The only wound with gunshot residue was the one to MB's thumb - this supports the fact that there was a scuffle at the car, but none of the other wounds were at close range. The autopsy report is NOT conclusive as to whether MB was charging at Wilson (and I find that doubtful given that people don't usually turn and charge at someone who is shooting at them). It is possible he turned to surrender and also possible he turned to charge, but the final shot was to the top of his head which means he was kneeling and already down.
It doesn't matter what you find doubtful or not. No one disputes that Brown started some sort of scuffle in the car. The only matter really debated by the people considered credible witnesses was whether Brown was "charging" or merely kind of staggering, or something in between.

We'll never know. The grand jury listened to 80 witnesses and decided there wasn't enough evidence to bring the case to trial. Now people like you are mad at the grand jury.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Youre gonna have to refresh my memory, your user name doesnt ring a bell. Are you sure it was me you were talking to?

Im not race baiting, Im calling it as I see it. Black on black violence is a big problem, yet I dont hear any outcries from the community until its white-on-black. Its almost promoted it seems, through rap and the lifestyles many of them live. The whole "black lives matter" we've seen so much of during this Ferguson, MO episode... where does that apply to daily life? Or do they only "matter" when issues like this arise? Once again, its not baiting, its what I see. I just dont understand it.
The case goes way beyond Mike Brown. This has been going on for a long time.

One thing that I learned is how many black middle class people are pulled over and how sometimes it ends with them dying or being in the hospital. Not always, but far too often.

The difference is between a black man with a knife - Kajeime Powell - who was killed almost as soon as the officers got there. He looked mentally disturbed, but the officers should have been able to diffuse the situation without killing him. It would have taken time which they did not want to spend.

GRAPHIC: St Louis police officer shoots Kajieme Powell - YouTube

12 year old boy with toy gun shot in Cleveland. Why didn't the officer use a taser? The 911 caller said the gun was probably fake.

Man buying toy gun in Walmart shot. He was not waving the gun around or pointing it at the officer.

Video of Police Wal Mart Shooting Released Dayton, Ohio, United States - YouTube

Teen dressed up in costume shot in the back 6 times.
Cosplaying While Black: The Homicide of Darrien Hunt

Then there was a white older man waving a gun around and the police talked him down taking 3 hours

San Diego Man Waves Gun Around Small Children In Confrontation With Police - YouTube

This one even got his gun back

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings, reports | MLive.com

Old Guy Putting Michigan's 'Open Carry' Gun Laws To The Test - YouTube

Old 11-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
It doesn't matter what you find doubtful or not. No one disputes that Brown started some sort of scuffle in the car. The only matter really debated by the people considered credible witnesses was whether Brown was "charging" or merely kind of staggering, or something in between.

We'll never know. The grand jury listened to 80 witnesses and decided there wasn't enough evidence to bring the case to trial. Now people like you are mad at the grand jury.
I'm not mad at the grand jury, but the thing is that the way the prosecutor brought this case to them is totally unlike any other grand jury proceeding. It is also true that there are racist undertones to the case. A special prosecutor should have been appointed and that is one fix that can be done nationwide in terms of police shootings. The fact is that this grand jury was handed a mess.

We need fixes - body cams and cams on the cruisers with no ability for the officer to turn them off, special prosecutors whenever police are involved in any shootings or brutality charges, and many other changes. The police should be demilitarized. This is not the police I grew up with - tanks, etc., are unnecessary when they are dealing with civilian protests.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I'm not mad at the grand jury, but the thing is that the way the prosecutor brought this case to them is totally unlike any other grand jury proceeding. It is also true that there are racist undertones to the case. A special prosecutor should have been appointed and that is one fix that can be done nationwide in terms of police shootings. The fact is that this grand jury was handed a mess.

We need fixes - body cams and cams on the cruisers with no ability for the officer to turn them off, special prosecutors whenever police are involved in any shootings or brutality charges, and many other changes. The police should be demilitarized. This is not the police I grew up with - tanks, etc., are unnecessary when they are dealing with civilian protests.
There is only racist undertones in this case to people like you who want to divide the country

Old 11-27-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
There is only racist undertones in this case to people like you who want to divide the country
The country has been divided for a long time. I want it to reunite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago