Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I'm not mad at the grand jury, but the thing is that the way the prosecutor brought this case to them is totally unlike any other grand jury proceeding. It is also true that there are racist undertones to the case. A special prosecutor should have been appointed and that is one fix that can be done nationwide in terms of police shootings. The fact is that this grand jury was handed a mess.

We need fixes - body cams and cams on the cruisers with no ability for the officer to turn them off, special prosecutors whenever police are involved in any shootings or brutality charges, and many other changes. The police should be demilitarized. This is not the police I grew up with - tanks, etc., are unnecessary when they are dealing with civilian protests.
I think that the police shouldn't even have shown up the other night in Fergie. They should have let these animals burn the entire town to the ground and then made them deal with the mess they created. These idiot protesters are just a bunch of hood rats looking for an excuse to loot the liquor store.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I think that the police shouldn't even have shown up the other night in Fergie. They should have let these animals burn the entire town to the ground and then made them deal with the mess they created. These idiot protesters are just a bunch of hood rats looking for an excuse to loot the liquor store.
The protests were violent only one night before the verdict. For over 100 days, protesters were out and non-violent. I watched it on live feeds. You cannot get your news from the media. The fact that riots broke out after the indictment had a lot to do with the way the indictment was announced - late at night after people had been waiting - with the prosecutor smirking and talking about preparing for violence.

There are, as always, people who take advantage of a situation to loot.

Btw, were the Pumpkin Festival rioters a bunch of white hood rats looking for an opportunity to loot? These kids threw beer cans at the cops, turned over cars, etc. Pictures in the article.

Coverage Of Pumpkin Fest Riot Compared To Ferguson Protests Exposes Media's Overt Racism

Quote:
Steven French, 18, who was visiting from Haverhill, Massachusetts, described the chaotic scene to the local paper, The Keene Sentinel, as "wicked."

"It's just like a rush. You're revolting from the cops," he told the paper Saturday night. "It's a blast to do things that you're not supposed to do."
How about the riots when the Giants won the World Series. Pictures in the article

Here's A Much-Needed Reminder About Civil Unrest In Light Of The Ferguson Decision

What about the riots in Chicago when the Bulls won in 1992

Washingtonpost.com: Bulls' NBA Victory Sparks Chicago Riots

Quote:
Sunday night, thousands of people poured out of the Rush and Division Street bars after the game, destroying two taxicabs and dancing in the streets.

But looters also burned 14 buildings in poor neighborhoods on Chicago's South and West sides and looted an uncounted number of stores, carrying away armloads of shoes, clothes, carpeting and other merchandise, the authorities said. Looters even ignored a plea from Bulls superstar Jordan, who went on local television shortly before 11 p.m. and urged, "Let's not tear our city apart."
At least the riots in Ferguson are over civil rights, not sports and drunken revelry.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:42 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:
The case goes way beyond Mike Brown. This has been going on for a long time.

One thing that I learned is how many black middle class people are pulled over and how sometimes it ends with them dying or being in the hospital. Not always, but far too often.

The difference is between a black man with a knife - Kajeime Powell - who was killed almost as soon as the officers got there. He looked mentally disturbed, but the officers should have been able to diffuse the situation without killing him. It would have taken time which they did not want to spend.

GRAPHIC: St Louis police officer shoots Kajieme Powell - YouTube

12 year old boy with toy gun shot in Cleveland. Why didn't the officer use a taser? The 911 caller said the gun was probably fake.

Man buying toy gun in Walmart shot. He was not waving the gun around or pointing it at the officer.

Video of Police Wal Mart Shooting Released Dayton, Ohio, United States - YouTube

Teen dressed up in costume shot in the back 6 times.
Cosplaying While Black: The Homicide of Darrien Hunt

Then there was a white older man waving a gun around and the police talked him down taking 3 hours

San Diego Man Waves Gun Around Small Children In Confrontation With Police - YouTube

This one even got his gun back

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings, reports | MLive.com

Old Guy Putting Michigan's 'Open Carry' Gun Laws To The Test - YouTube
Plus, the Bundy crew. Imagine how much different that would have gone if he were black. How much differently would Fox News have covered it?

Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
I'm not mad at the grand jury, but the thing is that the way the prosecutor brought this case to them is totally unlike any other grand jury proceeding. It is also true that there are racist undertones to the case. A special prosecutor should have been appointed and that is one fix that can be done nationwide in terms of police shootings. The fact is that this grand jury was handed a mess.

We need fixes - body cams and cams on the cruisers with no ability for the officer to turn them off, special prosecutors whenever police are involved in any shootings or brutality charges, and many other changes. The police should be demilitarized. This is not the police I grew up with - tanks, etc., are unnecessary when they are dealing with civilian protests.
I honestly feel agenda driven people like you are the problem. You are not intersted in the truth; it's all about some narcissistic, self serving drama in which you are the lead character.

The grand just, which had three African Americans on it, heard 80 witnesses and made a decision; you just assume they were all too stupid to see the reality if the situation.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:25 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
I honestly feel agenda driven people like you are the problem. You are not intersted in the truth; it's all about some narcissistic, self serving drama in which you are the lead character.

The grand just, which had three African Americans on it, heard 80 witnesses and made a decision; you just assume they were all too stupid to see the reality if the situation.

If the grand jury had been all black, and they still didn't return an indictment, people would be calling them Uncle Toms.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:15 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:

At least the riots in Ferguson are over civil rights, not sports and drunken revelry.
I hate the rioting. I think it was stupid to tear apart someones neighborhood when they've worked so hard to have a decent home. What about the Children who live near the riots. They are probably petrified.

You've got a point. Some Whites are trying to put a race on riots and it can't be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel

If the grand jury had been all black, and they still didn't return an indictment, people would be calling them Uncle Toms .
You are failing to miss the point of the entire protest. This is about a corrupt system that should have been done away with 40 years ago. It isn't the jury's fault its about the system.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:57 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I hate the rioting. I think it was stupid to tear apart someones neighborhood when they've worked so hard to have a decent home. What about the Children who live near the riots. They are probably petrified.

You've got a point. Some Whites are trying to put a race on riots and it can't be done!

You are failing to miss the point of the entire protest. This is about a corrupt system that should have been done away with 40 years ago. It isn't the jury's fault its about the system.
What is "the system?"

What exactly are you and people like you basing your opinion on?

Did you read the witness testimony submitted to the grand jury? Or a summation if it? Do you think people should be allowed to grab a cops gun? Do you think it's outside the realm of possibility someone would physically attack a police officer?

Old 11-28-2014, 10:08 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post

It's the racists like you and lentil and the fox news crowd who are the problem.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:43 AM

596 posts, read 820,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
It's the racists like you and lentil and the fox news crowd who are the problem.
The guy stole from a liquor store, walked in the middle of the road, then physically threatened a police officer. And the people who think he deserved what he got are racists? You don't even make sense. I don't understand why people are making this about race even with all of the evidence.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:51 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,623 times
Yeah I don't think a kid who stole from a liquor store, walked in the middle of the road, then physically threatened a police officer deserved to be shot.

I used to shop lift, ride my skateboard in the middle of the street, fight with security guards, and run away from the police, and here I am...I guess you would have had me shot, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago