Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM

49 posts, read 146,566 times

Advertisements

Ryan homes are claiming that they are planting large trees against that part of the poject (leafcrest ln.) off the fence line. That would help a little for more privacy.
Has anyone else heard this or just a rumor?
Plus, All of Charlotte is made up of such diversity of areas - look at Queens Rd.
Dilworth, Cotswald etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Trees and shrubs will not stop a stray bullet! Plus it could easily spill right over into South Park Station.

Plus right down Archdale Rd towards I-77 they have quite a few problems. Not the best of areas.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:12 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Oh geez here we go. Listen I grew up in Madison Park and have plenty of current friends that live in Montclaire and Starmount and it's not that bad! Park South Station is a slam dunk and most people know it. As a matter of fact the majority of the pre-construction contracts they have in place are natives taking advantage of the price,location, and amenities.

There will be issues everywhere you go. You live downtown right, so I'm assuming you think that is safer!!

I do agree with your comments about Archdale near 77, hopefully the plans for South Blvd. that are in place will eventually spread a little further and touch other areas nearby.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
I would be concerned about public housing RIGHT NEXT DOOR. If it were a block or 2 away that is a different story, but right next door is not appealing.

I have lived Uptown for years and have never had any problems ever.

Uptown is just as safe as anywhere else in Charlotte. We have cops on foot, bikes, cars, and I even have a Police sub station directly across the street from my house, so YES I feel VERY safe. Probably safer than 75% of Charlotte.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 12-18-2007 at 02:41 PM..

Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Having lived VERY close to one of the worst streets in Charlotte, I wouldn't live that close to another bad street ever again. I lived at the Point apartments on Tyvola and a CMPD officer said Glenrock Dr (right behind it) said it was one of the worst streets in Charlotte. There were 3 shootings (I murder) within 1 year on that street, drug dealers, stolen cars found and then all that crap made its way into the Pointe. While I liked being close to a lot of things, I'll take peace of mind and safety over convenience anyday.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM

There is more criminal activity near park and woodlawn than archdale and park. And to prove it go to charmeck.org and go to crime mapping.
I've lived all over Charlotte since 1986. Charlotte is always going to have
the small not so great neighborhoods right next to the dilworths or myers parks. Geez!! someone just got murdered on Queens Rd in Myers Park a couple of weeks ago in broad daylight.
That public housing next door is not the worst I have seen, actually it's crime history is much lower than you would think.
I agree that Park South is an up and coming area. Great Investment !!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,494 times
Default Park South Station featured in news story on WCNC News- Looks like a cool project

Here is a link to an interesting news story on overall home price increases in Charlotte in 2007 (over 4% increase since last year) and it even features a small video with footage on Park South Station. I am not sure how many of the homes have been built out, but from the news clip, what they have built actually looks really cool.

Check it out:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-122707-krg-homesales.59e538c0.html (broken link)

Old 12-29-2007, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 29,325 times
Home values in Park South Station have been increasing so it looks like the apartments next door haven't hurt it. Plus they are selling like 12 a month in there. Thats great compared to other places around Charlotte. The homes look awesome! Have ya'll seen them? A bunch of people just moved in too. It looks like its going well, they said they are in the upper 90's for sales. I have been investing in real estate for a long time and I am excited about this investment.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Has anyone heard anything about Guardians home security's reputation?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM

19 posts, read 59,097 times
Default Park South Station?

I have read the thread on this new Ryan Homes development off Archdale Road between Park and South, but I was hoping to get some more feedback from all of you. From what I read, it appears to be in a convenient location in an appreciating area but there may be concerns with chemicals used by the R&D plant and crime levels in the surrounding streets. I would love to hear from anybody who looked into buying here and/or has decided to buy in this development. I am seriously considering one of their townhomes as an option for me (I work uptown but love the feel of south charlotte and close proximity to shopping/restaurants/movies etc).

Any input would be much appreciated. I would also love to know if there are any other similar developments (resale or new construction) within the same radius from uptown.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte