Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:18 PM

17 posts, read 66,502 times

Advertisements

I went to contract with them in Jan 07 for a condominium - the Windsor. Those will not be ready until April 08. I dont know about the other townhomes. They have started construction on the Holbrook and Quatermaine plans I believe.The price has been constant for most of the year but I heard that when they open the model homes at end of 07/earl 08 there will be a dramatic jump in price. I dont think they are giving the same incentives as before either. Anybody else gone to contract, I would like to know what incentives they are currently offering?

The issues about crime are for the most part true. Where park south station is actually located is not necessarily bad. One mile down the road toward South blvd it does start to get worse. And by worse I just mean more people, older homes and buildings, more congestion, more teenagers, and more activity which indirectly can result in crime. Im not talking West blvd bad or Beatties Ford bad; its not Myers Park though.But one thing I have learned growing up in Charlotte, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Stuff can happen to any person in any part of town from UNCC to Ballantyne. But, I feel confident that with this nice upscale community, the multiple gates, and the overall change/improvement of the SouthPark/Fairview area will make it a pleasant place to live. This community will be fine - people will envy you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 AM

95 posts, read 386,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside704 View Post
I went to contract with them in Jan 07 for a condominium - the Windsor. Those will not be ready until April 08. I dont know about the other townhomes. They have started construction on the Holbrook and Quatermaine plans I believe.The price has been constant for most of the year but I heard that when they open the model homes at end of 07/earl 08 there will be a dramatic jump in price. I dont think they are giving the same incentives as before either. Anybody else gone to contract, I would like to know what incentives they are currently offering?

The issues about crime are for the most part true. Where park south station is actually located is not necessarily bad. One mile down the road toward South blvd it does start to get worse. And by worse I just mean more people, older homes and buildings, more congestion, more teenagers, and more activity which indirectly can result in crime. Im not talking West blvd bad or Beatties Ford bad; its not Myers Park though.But one thing I have learned growing up in Charlotte, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Stuff can happen to any person in any part of town from UNCC to Ballantyne. But, I feel confident that with this nice upscale community, the multiple gates, and the overall change/improvement of the SouthPark/Fairview area will make it a pleasant place to live. This community will be fine - people will envy you.

They weren't offering any incentives except for closing costs if you use their lender. I believe $1500 off from the lender.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 PM

7 posts, read 29,335 times
I am very interesting purchasing at park south, the Elmhurst i beleive it is. i did some research...Celenese was only an R & D site from what i have found. and Celenese has the charge of remediation of anything in the soil and has liability should anything occur later on. plus there has to be insurance on the property. and builders in NC cannot build on the site unless the EPA approves such a site. so no you arent signing a waiver, it is simply an acknowledgement stating you understand the that site is being remediated but is ok to build on.

i think its a great investment. The neighborhood accross the street has been appreciating tremendously over the past 3 years. The light rail station is about a mile away and property around the light rail is being bought up like crazy. so i think its a no- brainer. Every area in charlotte that is a good investment is a little sketchy during its transitional period. i havent found a gated community with all the amenities in/near south park for these prices. has anyone else?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,770,165 times
No, it's a great buy. I quit responding because no matter what I/we say people think we are lying.

The person that posted it was a chemical plant has no idea what they are talking about. I have several family friends that worked there for many years. Clients and prospective buyers that purchased and/or looked there could easily see the investment.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM

7 posts, read 38,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside704 View Post

Did you hear about the shooting the other day at the apartments next door? It made the news.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM

7 posts, read 38,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
No, it's a great buy. I quit responding because no matter what I/we say people think we are lying.

The person that posted it was a chemical plant has no idea what they are talking about. I have several family friends that worked there for many years. Clients and prospective buyers that purchased and/or looked there could easily see the investment.
The sales people admitted there were chemicals on the property when I inquired about a condo there.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 PM

celenese dry cleaned their own uniforms. that is why there were "chemicals" on the property. who doesnt wear clothes that have been dry cleaned? that same "chemical" is on each shirt you get back from the drycleaners. dont be afraid the word "chemical"

I have been investing for a long time, you cant be scared of things like this if you want to make any money. That place next door is due to be gone anytime now. besides the entire property is fenced in and it is gated.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 AM

14 posts, read 39,035 times
I signed a contract for a townhome out there. The environmental issues were fully disclosed to me. I read the EPA report on the property prior to signing the contract. The EPA report confirmed that chemicals associated with dry cleaning were present at the cite and the cite has been remediated.

I think that this is a good investment and a great opportunity to buy in South Park. Naysayers should take a moment to remember that Dilworth used to be a very bad neighborhood, not to mention Elizabeth and Chantilly. They should also remember that posting negative comments about the property is really a waste of time since they aren't buying there and the state of the neighborhood (where they don't live) or the remediation (which they clearly haven't investigated) is not their concern.

Cheers!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,770,165 times
Exactly, well said.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 AM

Very well said, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte