Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 PM

286 posts, read 1,046,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queencitygirl View Post
My boyfriend and I bought a Quartermaine w/basement and we are very excited. We are both on our late twenties and can't wait to meet you all. We should have a get-together at the pool once it opens this Spring.
Hi, did you purchase recently? My wife and I are looking into this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,828 times
We purchased the Quartermaine last Fall and can't wait to move in. We think it is the best investment for the location.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 AM

6 posts, read 34,635 times
Default Park South Station.

Again this is not a sale call, but response to people's concerm. This community has all age group people in it. I have a town home in Park south, but I haven't moved in because my present home has not sold yet, which will happen soon. I do visit the comminity regularly and meet people and I am happy to see people ,oving from all over the country not just from this area. There are single, married, young couple, middle age couple, senior citizens all type of people there. One interesting observation is it feels like community in a community. I have met so many nice people just walking inside the community. Most of them are nice and they do care about the community and people in the community. 100 plus units are sold and now it has picked up. The club house is looking great. Once it is complete and in working condition it will be a place with lots of fun.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM

10 posts, read 28,295 times
Default Also buying in Park South Station!

I am about to sign the paperwork for a townhouse in Park South Station. I visited just once and was SOLD. It is going to be great! I am relocating from Upstate NY and am looking for a lot of advice since I know nothing abut Charlotte!

1.) I have a black lab who is my baby! I am desperately looking for a relaiable dog walker and sitter - one who can do overnights would be ideal! If I end up having to board her, does anyone have any suggestions that are convienent to South Park? She has never been in a kennel so I would be looking for a place with suites or runs. (YES - she is spoiled!)

2.) My house will not be ready until June or July so I need to find temporary housing that accepts dogs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I hope to meet my new neighbors soon!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:07 AM

533 posts, read 1,834,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGNY View Post
I am about to sign the paperwork for a townhouse in Park South Station. I visited just once and was SOLD. It is going to be great! I am relocating from Upstate NY and am looking for a lot of advice since I know nothing abut Charlotte!

1.) I have a black lab who is my baby! I am desperately looking for a relaiable dog walker and sitter - one who can do overnights would be ideal! If I end up having to board her, does anyone have any suggestions that are convienent to South Park? She has never been in a kennel so I would be looking for a place with suites or runs. (YES - she is spoiled!)

2.) My house will not be ready until June or July so I need to find temporary housing that accepts dogs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I hope to meet my new neighbors soon!

for dog walking and sitting, we've used gopher dogs and have been very satisfied. Welcome to Gopher Dogs Online not sure what you could do for temporary housing, but i am sure that there are options out there. good luck.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:55 AM

10 posts, read 28,295 times
Can you use them for overnights? I checked out their site and it sounds great. Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 AM

14 posts, read 39,038 times

You might try Best Friends Pet Resort. When I need to board my dogs they usually go there. There is also a place called Wickersham's K9 Ranch which has outdoor group play, swimming, etc. They are outside Charlotte but they have a bus and the pick up/drop off.

Try The Colony on Roxborough in South Park. I think they do short term leasing and they are very very dog friendly. It is also in the same neighborhood.

Good luck!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:20 PM

49 posts, read 146,642 times
With the Quartermaines, has anyone done the plumbing in the (unfinished) basement
upgrade? (3 piece and sump pump)

Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,716,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana789 View Post
[b]1.) .......
Try The Colony on Roxborough in South Park. I think they do short term leasing and they are very very dog friendly. It is also in the same neighborhood.

Good luck!

Yes. they do. I used to live there before I bought my house and really loved living there.
The Colony | Home Page

I also use caralina's critter sitters for pet sitting thanks to a suggestion on this board and they have been wonderful
Carolinas' Critter Sitters HOME

Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 8,828 times
We've added the plumbing option in the "unfinished" basement. We are planning to finish it sometime this year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte