Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 AM

19 posts, read 59,207 times

Advertisements

i am 25 and single so I suppose I qualify as a "young whipper snapper". For what it's worth, though, one of the reasons I ultimately decided to purchase in Park South Station (despite some of my reservations about ongoing construction etc) was the fact that I felt like this would be a fairly diverse community. Unlike many condo and townhome communities and even many single family communities in Charlotte, there are a number of different home styles ranging in size and price suitable for a variety of lifestyles. I didn't want to live in a neighborhood filled with all young whipper snappers or all families. Of all the places I looked at in Charlotte, this particular neighborhood stuck out to me as a place where you'd find a variety of people at different stages in their lives. I am very pleased with my decision although I hope they start to build my house soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 AM

49 posts, read 146,800 times
Can I get some advice on the the fireplace/TV situation. I have purchased a Quartermaine (not ready til April) I'm meeting with Guardian on Thursday.
I'm planning on putting a Flat screen TV above our fireplace and prewiring only
for me to place wall speakers on the right and left side of the fireplace. And also,
upgraded to add a power oulet behind the TV.
Does anyone know a little more about home theater to give me more advice?
I'd like to have HD and do I need to add a central speaker above or below the TV for
a complete sound or do they make smaller speaker that have all in one?
Thanks for any help

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM

17 posts, read 43,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey123 View Post
Can I get some advice on the the fireplace/TV situation. I have purchased a Quartermaine (not ready til April) I'm meeting with Guardian on Thursday.
I'm planning on putting a Flat screen TV above our fireplace and prewiring only
for me to place wall speakers on the right and left side of the fireplace. And also,
upgraded to add a power oulet behind the TV.
Does anyone know a little more about home theater to give me more advice?
I'd like to have HD and do I need to add a central speaker above or below the TV for
a complete sound or do they make smaller speaker that have all in one?
Thanks for any help
Mickey123,

Take a look at the following Links...

Speaker Placement for Home Theater

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...latpanelTV.pdf
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...wConsSpeak.pdf

More Useful Information
Real help for do-it-yourselfers

I just had my meeting with Guardian last week, and Crutchfield.com helped me with speaker placement and Flat Panel Height. Hope this helps.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Thanks Bighurtt

Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 7,333 times
I'm 25, my boyfriend, 27, will be moving in with me. Friends of mine that have also purchased are 27 and 32. I'm really looking forward to the diverse community. I'm moving out of another condo development that is very young, and am really looking forward to living in a community that seems to be more mature and kept-up well.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 9,366 times
I just bought in Park SS. I bought the Quartermaine w/ upgrades. It came in around $240,000. After looking in Meyers Park I thought it to be reasonable, affordable, and close enough to the action! If its contaiminated in side the fence its contaiminated outside the fence and there have been homes there since 1960. Those homes in the "bad areas" are bringing $175,000 to $200,000. I plan on spending plenty of time at the pool fending off "criminals" (give me a break) while sipping margaritas and running to my air conditioned unit. The way I see it we can pay for a police officer who will likely spend more time helping carry groceries and starting the barbecue. Hope to see all my neighbors soon. Move in end of June.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 AM

I make a hell of a Margarita !! See you at the pool.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:27 PM

19 posts, read 59,207 times
Default Mickey's Margaritas!

And I can drink the "hell" out of some margiaritas ... looking forward to the poolside as well (especially if Mickey is providing the beverages). For those of you current and future PSS residents, we have been toying with the ideas of organizing a happy hour for us to "meet and greet" one another. I know I am really looking forward to meeting my future neighbors so send me a PM if you are interested...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM

20 posts, read 55,366 times
My girlfriend and I (24 and 21) are coming to look at homes in 2 weeks. We miss Charleston SC, but Charlotte is an amazing city (per our short visit). If we buy in PSS...I can make a mean margarita for everyone (used to be a bartender). Anyone celebrating daylight savings time next week?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 8,836 times
My boyfriend and I bought a Quartermaine w/basement and we are very excited. We are both on our late twenties and can't wait to meet you all. We should have a get-together at the pool once it opens this Spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte