Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana789 View Post
Oh, Geez. Here we go again with the "stray bullet" people. Just exactly how many people have been killed in Charlotte by stray bullets flying into their homes? Is there something going on that I don't know about? I am not sure where the 7 Oh 4 lives, but if you think you are safe from gun violence, you are just kidding yourself. Guns go off, my friend, even in Myers Park and the fabled Ballantyne.

Now, as for SaraV05, I have purchased a town home at Park South Station. I currently live in South Park and I love the neighborhood. I looked at all kinds of places before deciding to buy out there. I, too, don't want to spend 2 hours a day sitting in traffic. I also think that I got a lot of space and upgrades for a really nice price. Its a great community, a great location and I hope, will be a solid investment. I hope that you decide to buy.

Cheers! Oh, and 7 oh 4, keep your back to the wall!

7 oh 4 lives in Uptown - so he is not some suburbanite crying wolf. He is just stating his opinion, as a long time resident of the city, that living right next door to a known area of problems might not be the safest thing to do. I am sure he wrote that for anyone who may not know about the immediate area surrounding Park South. This is info some people might appreciate having. For those who have assessed the situation and are comfortable living there good for you. It is up to each homeowner to buy where they feel they are most comfortable, physically and psychologically. So 7 oh 4 wouldn't live in Park South, some of us wouldn't live uptown - to each his own. He was just trying to be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,713,681 times
Although South Park Station is rather close to some sketchy areas near South Blvd today, I am confident that the entire area will be a lot nicer 5-10 years from now.

With the new light rail and Southpark less then a mile away, that whole area will become too expensive for the "riff raff" and they will be pushed out further east making South Blvd. a cleaner and safer place.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM

19 posts, read 59,107 times
Default Well I decided to go for it!

I am officially under contract at Park South Station for a Fenmore unit scheduled to be completed in May. I'd love to hear from those of you under contract or currently living there as one of the biggest factors, for me, in purchasing at Park South Station was the opportunity to get to know more folks (I just moved here in May). Looking forward to joining the community!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,551,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana789 View Post
Oh, Geez. Here we go again with the "stray bullet" people. Just exactly how many people have been killed in Charlotte by stray bullets flying into their homes? Is there something going on that I don't know about? I am not sure where the 7 Oh 4 lives, but if you think you are safe from gun violence, you are just kidding yourself. Guns go off, my friend, even in Myers Park and the fabled Ballantyne.

Now, as for SaraV05, I have purchased a town home at Park South Station. I currently live in South Park and I love the neighborhood. I looked at all kinds of places before deciding to buy out there. I, too, don't want to spend 2 hours a day sitting in traffic. I also think that I got a lot of space and upgrades for a really nice price. Its a great community, a great location and I hope, will be a solid investment. I hope that you decide to buy.

Cheers! Oh, and 7 oh 4, keep your back to the wall!
I didn't have any ill intent. Just making people aware that the street directly next door (Leafcrest Lane) is public housing. I would want to know if I didn't already know. And Leafcrest Lane is not going anywhere in the next 5-10 years. I bet you on that.

I live Uptown directly across from a Police sub-station in a gated Condo/Loft complex with a gated parking deck. I have lived in this Loft since 2001 and we have never ever had a break in in our building. Someone would have to be pretty stupid to break in or cause a stink when you are in front of a Police sub-station.

I don't have to keep my back up against the wall, cause I live in a very very very safe section of Charlotte.

THANKS loves for the comment. You know I didn't mean any ill intent. If I were moving there and was unaware what was next door, I would THANK someone for letting me know, not be upset with them.

Make it a GRAET day!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 01-23-2008 at 12:17 PM..

Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,843 times
Default Park South

Everyone lets make sure if there is riff raff close to Park South, that we become very vocal about voicing our views . This community is going to be a great investment I think. I agree about the not so nice areas around it, but Charlotte is going to start regulating on certain areas soon hopefully because there is riff raff everywhere in Charlotte. Crime is not isolated here.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM

49 posts, read 146,607 times
Anymore updates on the construction?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,094 times
I was just there yesterday, what kind of updates are you looking for?

The club house is almost finished and absolutely amazing. They have many buildings up and are closing as many as 10 units every few days. Still selling strong over there and busy as can be.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM

49 posts, read 146,607 times
Any word from current homeowners? Crime? Customer Service(Ryan)? etc...
Also, any word when the Clubhouse is going to be complete? And, are
the current homeowners paying full association fees without the clubhouse
and the security gates complete?

Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey123 View Post
Any word from current homeowners? Crime? Customer Service(Ryan)? etc...
Also, any word when the Clubhouse is going to be complete? And, are
the current homeowners paying full association fees without the clubhouse
and the security gates complete?

Everyone I've spoken with loves it so far just as expected. Ryan has gone way above and beyond to assist people with the delays. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and my clients up to this point. They did do credits on HOA dues for most at contract until things were up and running.

I'm sure some people are a little disturbed by all of the construction but that is to be expected when purchasing in the first phases. Especially with them running at a very high production level. Last I heard they were almost completely caught up on construction and closings.

The clubhouse is amazing and nearing completion, the models are complete, the sales staff is actually going to be working out of the clubhouse.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,311 times
Has anyone heard anything about the condos? I'm in the first condo building and we're supposed to be in May/ June but it doesn't look like they're anywhere near starting to build on the lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte