Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 08:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
What I think is that there is still a possibility they could be lying and/or twisting the truth.
Well, anything is possible but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that he is completely innocent considering the number of victims who all share very similar accounts of being drugged and raped by Cosby over the years.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My favorite part of the article........

OK, so stop going.
Of course. You admonish the person being raped, not the rapist.

And you enjoy this rape story so much you actually have a favorite part?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:39 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Well, anything is possible but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that he is completely innocent considering the number of victims who all share very similar accounts of being drugged and raped by Cosby over the years.
Accounts that could have easily been made up after they heard them from a previous woman. I even love how Dickinson conveniently needed "a pill" the exact same night she met with Cosby.

Maybe Bill Cosby is really a bad guy. Maybe he hurt or just pissed off some of these women in the past. We simply don't have enough information to decide that he raped them.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Hmm-I think I was date raped in 1980 (not sure because that term did not exist then). Should I go to the police now? Oh wait--no not by a celebrity--just some guy in college. Right--I'm sure anyone would care.

Why did she go to an attorney instead of the police? Why did she wait to bring this up again?

And this is odd: “(He) brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times,” she wrote. She's a victim. He forced her to see him as a father figure? How does one do that--hypnosis?

This high profile guy was going around drugging and raping women and not one of them had the guts to press charges? Not buying it. My guess is they all knew what they were doing and were hoping to further their careers (or at least their bank accounts).

Bill Cosby

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Accounts that could have easily been made up after they heard them from a previous woman. I even love how Dickinson conveniently needed "a pill" the exact same night she met with Cosby.

Maybe Bill Cosby is really a bad guy. Maybe he hurt or just pissed off some of these women in the past. We simply don't have enough information to decide that he raped them.
What would be the motive of all of these woman who have accused him over the years?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Of course. You admonish the person being raped, not the rapist.

And you enjoy this rape story so much you actually have a favorite part?
Is he wrong, though? I don't even know how I would find the energy or courage to board the plane that's going to fly me out to meet the person that did that to me, only so I could have drinks with them and let them do it all over again.

In my book, if you lack that much common sense, you've lost the right to call the perpetrator a "monster" years down line. Especially if you don't even have proof.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What would be the motive of all of these woman who have accused him over the years?
1. Attention/Fame
2. Revenge
3. Money

Take your pick. Each woman probably has a different motive.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
1. Attention/Fame
Who wants to be known as a victim of rape? Most victims of sexual assault don't come forward because there is usually a lot of shame involved.
Quote:
2. Revenge
Revenge for what?
Quote:
3. Money
How many victims even tried to sue him?

Quote:
Take your pick. Each woman probably has a different motive.
I'm going to go with A) they were raped and finally had the courage to speak out.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:10 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
I don't know if the allegations are true or not. But I do wonder if it's a "Bill Cosby must be destroyed because he's not politically correct" thing. He has been very outspoken about blacks having only themselves to blame and he has been critical of Obama. What better way to destroy him? Didn't the same thing happen to Herman Cain? Maybe women are being paid to say they were raped by Cosby.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't know if the allegations are true or not. But I do wonder if it's a "Bill Cosby must be destroyed because he's not politically correct" thing. He has been very outspoken about blacks having only themselves to blame and he has been critical of Obama. What better way to destroy him? Didn't the same thing happen to Herman Cain? Maybe women are being paid to say they were raped by Cosby.
I do believe that there is truth to at least some of the stories because many came out long ago but there could be truth in what you say in regards to recent accounts and the sudden interest. It is kind of weird that this has become a top news story when many of these women came forward long ago (and were mostly ignored by the media).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities