Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 08:16 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times

Advertisements

More On Bill Cosby’s History Of Mentioning ‘Spanish Fly’ | FiveThirtyEight

I apply Occam's Razor. What is the simplest, most likely explanation?

Dozens of women, telling essentially the same story, are all lying in a factually coordinated fashion?

or...

One man, with a history of paying large sums of money to women over issues of sexual improprieties to make them shut up, is lying about yet more accusations of sexual improprieties (ie, rape)?

The answer is embarrassingly obvious.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,120,199 times
Another ridiculous case of money-hungry dirtbags trying to score from an innocent celebrity.
I hope those women rot in prison, where they belong.
Best of luck to you, Bill!

Old 11-19-2014, 09:04 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Bill Clinton had numerous accusers as well. Scary.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:07 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Another ridiculous case of money-hungry dirtbags trying to score from an innocent celebrity.
I can see being somewhat skeptical but to assume that all of these (16) women are "money hungry dirtbags" and that Bill Cosby is completely innocent, without really considering any of the evidence seems pretty extreme.

I have been a Cosby fan for a long time. I still think that there is truth in at least some of this.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Bill Cosby raped me

Old 11-19-2014, 10:03 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You cannot put yourself in their shoes so just stop with your pathetic banter. Can you even imagine being violated like that? Embarrassment, shame, blaming yourself. This is all the things that happen to a girl when she gets violated. Then along comes an insensitive person like you who makes matters worse by making statements like you did. I only hope no one you know gets raped. Hopefully if they do you will show some sign of decency and be gentle with their feelings. It is a traumatic event that needs to be dealt with by a certain type of person who is especially trained to cope with it. Not somebody like you.
I couldn't rep you but . I didn't know what to say after reading the insensitive comment by that poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Ugh. I don't mean to pick on you about this, so please don't take this as a response to just you. You are not the only one in here talking this way. It's just that this line of thought is starting to drive me batty.

Bill Cosby's first public statements about poor black people that started a wide controversy were in 2004. TEN YEARS ago.

His rape cases were in the news around the same time, some even after the "pull your pants up" bruhaha. They WERE reported. NO ONE CARED.

This is not a "media conspiracy". Why would anyone go after him now? He has been saying this stuff for years. And it's not like he's the most high profile black guy targeting other blacks right now, that would be Ben Carson... the guy being highly speculated will run for president.

This line of thinking does not hold water IMO.

What's different now is that more people, especially younger females, actually take these types of rape allegations seriously. There's kind of an internet feminism thing happening right now, and news spreads quickly. Outrage travels fast these days. The public FINALLY reacted to an old story.

The important thing to me is DID HE DO IT.

Thanks for the background. I couldn't remember when Cosby came out with his statements, I didn't realize it was that long ago. It's strange how the media pick up on certain topics and run with it even if it's been out there for ages.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times
It is sad that all one needs to do is make an accusation and so many simply believe someone is guilty of the crime of rape. If this had any merit then Bill Cosby would have been in jail 30 years ago. I cannot believe that 30 year old rape accusations are being taken seriously now. I know all the womens lib groups have put a lot into getting the public to take rape accusations more seriously, but that does not mean blindly believing every accusation that comes down the pike. Are more women coming out??? Well yea they do when the dollar signs are out there. Doe anyone remember those Duke Lacross players that were all but convicted of rape in the media, that Nancy grace just grilled them, labeled them guilty etc. Remember that woman LIED, those boys were INNOCENT. A great many of these rape cases are bogus, law enforcement likely came to the same conclusion in the 1980s or Bill Cosby would have gone down then. Every man knows he has little defense to any sexual assult type allegations. Once the allegation is made, you will be painted as guilty. If there is no evidence you wont go to jail, but everyone will remember you were accused and a cloud of suspicion will hang over you for life. Bill Cosby is living proof of this. Men need to ban together in order to protect themselves from this. Men are accused everyday without proof, men are the ones put in jail under sexist statutory rape laws. How many young women sit in jails for having a boyfriend two years younger than they??? How many women end up in Bill Cosbys shoes??? I get tired of seeing my gender dragged through the mud as if we are all possibly rapist and perverts. If you make an unfounded accusation of sexual assault or rape you should go to jail.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:52 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
To the best of my knowledge, all we have is "he said, she said". Lets see the police reports. Physical evidence. Photos of physical injuries. DNA. Proof of drugs found in the victim's blood. Rapists are vile, and deserve the worst that can happen to them. But opportunists that make false rape claims are worse. Someone committed a horrible crime and deserves to be punished. At the moment I'm not convinced who that is.

I find it a bit unsettling that for decades nothing was made of this, but about as soon as Cosby says black people need to accept some responsibility for their actions, the accusations start.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I don't know what the truth is, in fact, I hope that the truth is that these accusations are false, mostly because no one should ever go through being raped, and partly because I don't want to have enjoyed the work of a person who was capable of doing something so heinous. I am not about to proclaim that Cosby is guilty, however, neither am I going to say that the women who bring these charges are liars. Be careful where you point that thing. It might be loaded.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
I simply cannot believe that this could be true. I'm not saying it's not but man, it's Bill Cosby! Dr. Huxtable! It would be like saying Michael Landon was a molester, just unfathomable. I'm not trying to make light of these women's situations at all, I guess I just don't want to believe that he could do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities