Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:05 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times

Advertisements

He's 77. Maybe he won't live much longer. Then it becomes a moot point since these women's goal has been to prevent him from playing a father figure again. I LOVE that The Tonight Show cancelled his scheduled appearance.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:43 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

The odds that he's innocent are statistically very low.
This isn't gambling. This needs proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:54 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:

The odds that he's innocent are statistically very low.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:13 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Because date rape leaves oh-so much in the way of hard physical evidence. . What is this, CSI: Miami? 16 women have come forward, sharing similar stories about how they were drugged and raped. That's a lot of smoke.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:34 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times
Quote:
Because date rape leaves oh-so much in the way of hard physical evidence. . What is this, CSI: Miami? 16 women have come forward, sharing similar stories about how they were drugged and raped. That's a lot of smoke.
Yes, but the fire probably wasn't caused by rape, as far as I'm concerned. What country do you live in where white women are scared to accuse a black man of raping them for fear that no one would take them seriously...in 1969 at that? It can't be America.

Is it so unfair to require something substantial before you hang a man for doing something you aren't even sure he did?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Yes, but the fire probably wasn't caused by rape, as far as I'm concerned. What country do you live in where white women are scared to accuse a black man of raping them for fear that no one would take them seriously...in 1969 at that? It can't be America.

Is it so unfair to require something substantial before you hang a man for doing something you aren't even sure he did?

I have been reading and not responding to this argument regarding Bill Cosby and I prefer to let the legal system sort through this mess.

On the other hand-Mega Man, could you please refrain with the white women vs black man scenario?
From all that I've read both black and white women are raped and both black and white men do the raping.
I really do not think this is a black vs white issue. Or a white vs black issue.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:27 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:

The racial component goes flying out the window when talking about celebrities. Signed, OJ Simpson.

16 accusers is already substantial, but if you want to cling to the belief that he's innocent because we have no video of him actually raping anyone, knock yourself out.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
On the other hand-Mega Man, could you please refrain with the white women vs black man scenario?
No.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
The racial component goes flying out the window when talking about celebrities. Signed, OJ Simpson.

16 accusers is already substantial, but if you want to cling to the belief that he's innocent because we have no video of him actually raping anyone, knock yourself out.
OJ Simpson was charged, tried, and acquitted. Cosby hasn't even been charged. Race would not have been an issue in 1969, before Cosby was the man he is today? Keep telling yourself that. Plenty of famous individuals have had to take responsibility for their wrongdoings.

I could gather 15 different women and tell them to claim the same man raped them. But that man wouldn't be charged because mere claims are not substantial.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
No.
Quote:
OJ Simpson was charged, tried, and acquitted. Cosby hasn't even been charged. Race would not have been an issue in 1969, before Cosby was the man he is today? Keep telling yourself that. Plenty of famous individuals have had to take responsibility for their wrongdoings.

I could gather 15 different women and tell them to claim the same man raped them. But that man wouldn't be charged because mere claims are not substantial.
continue being combative as that only means we won't see you around here much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities