Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 12:35 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
continue being combative as that only means we won't see you around here much longer.
Which means what? I'm not breaking any TOS guidelines, and I'm certainly not being being combative.

Just because you don't care for the point I'm making doesn't mean that point should not be made.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:33 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
This isn't gambling. This needs proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

No, because we aren't talking about criminal justice proceedings. It is too late for that, and some of these women were unfortunately paid to go away when they could have made a difference.

We are talking about the court of public opinion, and whether or not the man should get a new show. The bar for that is much lower, and in that sense, the previous poster is right that with such a dramatic number of corroborating accusations painting a very vivid picture, it does not look good for the Cos.

A lot is being made here of the fact that some of these women chose to remain silent, were bought off or are still concerned about their careers. That has no relevance to Cosby's actions. Put yourself in their shoes. It is difficult and humiliating for women to talk about rape. It is much easier for them to concentrate on re-building their own careers and lives. It is a bit shortsighted because it leaves other women vulnerable to his actions, but it is their decision to make. Hey, the women themselves aren't perfect. Who amongst us it?

This is the same tactic that is always used by rapists- discredit the victim. He has every right to try it, but again, since this is not a criminal court proceeding, he is going to have a very high bar in convincing the public that all of these women with corroborating stories are lying. Sadly, men commit rape far more than women lie about it, and when you have a large number of women making very similar accusations about his actions and methods...well, he did it.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
No, because we aren't talking about criminal justice proceedings. It is too late for that, and some of these women were unfortunately paid to go away when they could have made a difference.

We are talking about the court of public opinion, and whether or not the man should get a new show. The bar for that is much lower, and in that sense, the previous poster is right that with such a dramatic number of corroborating accusations painting a very vivid picture, it does not look good for the Cos.

A lot is being made here of the fact that some of these women chose to remain silent, were bought off or are still concerned about their careers. That has no relevance to Cosby's actions. Put yourself in their shoes. It is difficult and humiliating for women to talk about rape. It is much easier for them to concentrate on re-building their own careers and lives. It is a bit shortsighted because it leaves other women vulnerable to his actions, but it is their decision to make. Hey, the women themselves aren't perfect. Who amongst us it?

This is the same tactic that is always used by rapists- discredit the victim. He has every right to try it, but again, since this is not a criminal court proceeding, he is going to have a very high bar in convincing the public that all of these women with corroborating stories are lying. Sadly, men commit rape far more than women lie about it, and when you have a large number of women making very similar accusations about his actions and methods...well, he did it.
Wow. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were present for each alleged incident. Thankfully I do know better.

I'm supposed to believe that not a single one of 16 alleged victims had the ability to come forward? Let's not treat these women like children. They were adults. If they were raped, they should have reported him, and they certainly shouldn't have went back to the man who did it in first place.

Spare me the conjecture, and show me the evidence.

You are right about one thing, though. He will have a difficult time in the court of public opinion. And in a society where people are inclined to believe everything they see on television, it isn't looking good for him at all.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:04 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

We are talking about the court of public opinion, and whether or not the man should get a new show. The bar for that is much lower,...
There is no bar in the court of public opinion. The public automatically believes any accusation without evidence. I say that's wrong. Lynchings happened that way. Innocent people get hurt that way. The public should demand more evidence than mere odds.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
there is no bar in the court of public opinion. The public automatically believes any accusation without evidence. I say that's wrong. Lynchings happened that way. Innocent people get hurt that way. The public should demand more evidence than mere odds.
+1

Old 11-18-2014, 07:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Janice Dickenson is the latest to come forward with rape accusations against Cosby. She says that the assault occurred in 1982.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Oh, yeah. The same woman who thinks she coined the term "supermodel".

This just in: 26 more random women claim to have been raped by Cosby...anyone else wanna get in on this?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:17 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Oh, yeah. The same woman who thinks she coined the term "supermodel".
You really think that all of these women are lying?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Bill Cosby Allegedly a Rapist

Barbara Bowman allegedly an actress.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You really think that all of these women are lying?
What I think is that there is still a possibility they could be lying and/or twisting the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities