Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:23 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Rape is not sex.

Here's another woman who has stepped forward. Blast away! Another Woman Comes Forward To Accuse Bill Cosby Of Rape
If it involves intercourse then yes it is sex.

My question still hasn't been answered.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Yet since when do powerful men with millions of dollars need to rape anyone? In an industry where there are countless women who would gladly do whatever he wanted, a man like him needs to drug and rape a woman just for the good of her career? Why do I not believe this?

Someone said she isn't interested in the money. Well whatever she's interested in, she clearly didn't want it that bad if it's taken all these years.
What is your question? You think that women would line up to be raped? It's about power, trust and control. He wasn't doing anything for her career, he was convincing her that he would so she'd keep going along with the abuse. She was very young, gullible and naive then. Why would she not believe The Great Bill Cosby? If you can't wrap your head around that, ask a female that you know who was young once.

Looks like this is going to devolve into victimizing the victims, as usual. No wonder people don't speak out.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
What is your question? You think that women would line up to be raped? It's about power, trust and control. He wasn't doing anything for her career, he was convincing her that he would so she'd keep going along with the abuse. She was very young, gullible and naive then. Why would she not believe The Great Bill Cosby? If you can't wrap your head around that, ask a female that you know who was young once.

Looks like this is going to devolve into victimizing the victims, as usual. No wonder people don't speak out.
Actually I happen to know exactly how the females in my life feel about this situation, and they all agree with my points.

We're not "victimizing the victims". We're simply questioning whether or not they are actual victims to begin with. Their stories simply aren't all that convincing, and I'm not in the habit of believing everything that I'm told by the media.

President Clinton himself couldn't even shoo away allegations that he received oral sex from some random woman, so I'm not buying the story of "no one would believe that a young white woman was raped by a black man...just because he was Cliff Huxtable." The man was a superstar but he was not a hero.

It has been decades and Cosby has yet to even be charged. I believe it's because there's nothing to charge him for. I don't blame the man for not even responding to the accusations.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:50 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Really? So, if more than 13 women were accusing you of these things, you'd say nothing? Even as the whole country is reacting to it? I would be livid and loudly speaking out about it. And as far as his being a superstar, the world loved Bill Cosby/Cliff Huxtable. Who would believe a young girl who accused him of these things? It is not remotely the same as Bill Clinton receiving oral sex from someone. That was consensual. I am done arguing.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:53 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
If it involves intercourse then yes it is sex.

My question still hasn't been answered.
Rape is not sex. If you knew somebody who had been raped you would understand it. Obviously you choose to minimize rape. Btw, you don't want an answer to your question. You are convinced all the girls that came forward about this were just looking for career advancement.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Rape is not sex. If you knew somebody who had been raped you would understand it. Obviously you choose to minimize rape.
You shouldn't make assumptions about who I know or don't know.

There is no universally accepted definition of "sex" that states both parties must be willing participants. That would be consensual sex. Non-consensual sex = rape.

Quote:
Btw, you don't want an answer to your question. You are convinced all the girls that came forward about this were just looking for career advancement.
I'm not convinced of anything since, like you, I don't have enough information to know what happened. You're choosing to believe the unsupported claims of a woman crying rape, and I'm choosing to wait for the evidence.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
You shouldn't make assumptions about who I know or don't know.

There is no universally accepted definition of "sex" that states both parties must be willing participants. That would be consensual sex. Non-consensual sex = rape.

I'm not convinced of anything since, like you, I don't have enough information to know what happened. You're choosing to believe the unsupported claims of a woman crying rape, and I'm choosing to wait for the evidence.
Multiple women making claims over the years. Not one woman. Do some research please.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Multiple women making claims over the years. Not one woman. Do some research please.
I stand corrected: The unsupported claims of multiple women crying rape.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times
Just three words: Jello Pudding Pop.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:28 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The opposite is also true. Just because she says it happened doesn't mean it did. Interesting how people always believe allegations over denials. Let's have actual proof before we judge. I'm not on his side nor hers. If true, he's a scumbag, if not.... .
There's a very good reason to give the alleged victims the benefit of the doubt--countless studies point to false rape accusations being an extremely rare occurrence. and Cosby has been accused how many times? By how many women?

The odds that he's innocent are statistically very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities