Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 06:59 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Kobe has made a lot of big shots throughout his career so he is still in the mind set that he can shoot and score in those situations. He still has a lot of confidence in his abilities. Which can be a good or a bad thing on any given night. Obviously those years when he was at the top of his game are well behind him. Last night he eventually made some good decisions in OT, dishing the rock to Hill (twice) and Boozer for better shots for the Lakers. That helped secure the win and was a big one for the 7-16 Lakers.
Why are you happy that they won in the big scheme of things?

Do you think any of the current players will see a playoffs in a Lakers uniform?

What is your over\under of Lakers in the playoffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 07:46 PM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Do you think any of the current players will see a playoffs in a Lakers uniform?

Nick young looked good last night.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Nick young looked good last night.
Then sign him to a max contract for 7 years.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:26 PM

858 posts, read 1,146,169 times
Quote:

Who said I was happy...just somewhat surprised that they were able to win in San Antonio.

As far as current players in the playoffs in a Lakers uni, possibly Nick Young, Jordan Hill just to name a couple. I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year and probably next, a lot can happen like trades etc. in that time span.

Over/under of Lakers in the playoffs..41 wins. That wont happen this year, more like around 27 wins.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Another shock tonight

"Memphis had to come from 18 down to beat the sixers in philly"

Old 12-13-2014, 09:24 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Bro, Tony Parker played last night
My apologies, you are correct, he didn't play much (or at all) in the second half, which is when I started watching it. Tony Parker playing 17 minutes cheapens it for me. It's not a bad win, but let's not act like they beat the full Spurs team.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:27 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Who said I was happy...just somewhat surprised that they were able to win in San Antonio.

As far as current players in the playoffs in a Lakers uni, possibly Nick Young, Jordan Hill just to name a couple. I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year and probably next, a lot can happen like trades etc. in that time span.

Over/under of Lakers in the playoffs..41 wins. That wont happen this year, more like around 27 wins.
I think that's realistic, but I just don't see them getting much out of trade. They have no real assets and even if they use Nick Young/Jordan Hill/Ed Davis in a trade, it's probably going to do more harm than good. Their best chance of improving will come from draft picks and better free agent signings.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I think that's realistic, but I just don't see them getting much out of trade. They have no real assets and even if they use Nick Young/Jordan Hill/Ed Davis in a trade, it's probably going to do more harm than good. Their best chance of improving will come from draft picks and better free agent signings.
Well it will be a combination of trades, draft picks and free agent signings over several years to eventually get back in contention for another title. This wont happen in a year or two, but several years. So a lot of those things will need to happen. Kobe Bryant was acquired via a trade from the Charlotte Hornets for Vlade Divac. They also signed free agent Shaquille O'Neal, drafted Derek Fisher. So again it will take a combination of all those things over time.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Well it will be a combination of trades, draft picks and free agent signings over several years to eventually get back in contention for another title. This wont happen in a year or two, but several years. So a lot of those things will need to happen. Kobe Bryant was acquired via a trade from the Charlotte Hornets for Vlade Divac. They also signed free agent Shaquille O'Neal, drafted Derek Fisher. So again it will take a combination of all those things over time.
Yep. It generally takes a variety of things.

The biggest anchor they have is the 2015 and 2017 draft picks they still owe. Sure, they might get to keep it this year but that just kicks the can down the road.

Since you cannot trade 1st round picks in consecutive years....they cannot trade their 2016 or 2018 picks which makes it hard to participate in any trades like the K Love trade this summer.

On a plus note, Kobe is going to pass Jordan on the scoring list tonight....sometime in the 1st or 2nd quarter.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Yep. It generally takes a variety of things.

The biggest anchor they have is the 2015 and 2017 draft picks they still owe. Sure, they might get to keep it this year but that just kicks the can down the road.

Since you cannot trade 1st round picks in consecutive years....they cannot trade their 2016 or 2018 picks which makes it hard to participate in any trades like the K Love trade this summer.

On a plus note, Kobe is going to pass Jordan on the scoring list tonight....sometime in the 1st or 2nd quarter.
Yeah the picture isn't too pretty for the Lakers as far as the aftermath of the Nash trade. Its a good thing they won an NBA title five years ago which makes Lakers fans a lot more tolerant during this draught. I actually find it refreshing seeing other teams competing for a possible NBA crown e.g. Golden State. It would be nice to see another team win it for a change versus the usual Miami, San Antonio and Lakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball