Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 08:55 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,058,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I guess that'a another way of looking at it lol And the sixers announcers kept making a big deal about Michael Carter williams triple double and the team is 0-17

Who cares? lol

He likes his paycheck. Not like he has much else to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,506,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Announcers are scraping for any shred of positive news. I feel bad for the 76ers.

Don't feel bad for the Sixers. They just might be able to be the Pistons here in a few days. Btw--the Lakers are playing the Pistons good even though Detroit can score 70% of its points in the paint and still lose.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,274,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Don't feel bad for the Sixers. They just might be able to be the Pistons here in a few days. Btw--the Lakers are playing the Pistons good even though Detroit can score 70% of its points in the paint and still lose.
I don't see the sixers winning any road games this season, if they do maybe 2

Old 12-02-2014, 07:11 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,506,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I don't see the sixers winning any road games this season, if they do maybe 2

I think you may be giving the Pistons too much credit. (Watching the La vs Detroit game now--getting blown out by LA 20+)

Someone in the Pistons organization should be fired after tonight!

Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,274,927 times
Quote:
I think you may be giving the Pistons too much credit. (Watching the La vs Detroit game now--getting blown out by LA 20+)

But the sixers have no stars so I can atleast say the pistons have that lol

Old 12-02-2014, 07:28 PM

6,541 posts, read 7,654,865 times
I see Nick Young will have another 20 + game tonight. Lakers are taking two in this road trip against Boston and tonight against Detroit.

They will likely fall to the Bullets tomorrow.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:39 PM

9,854 posts, read 7,595,788 times
I know the Pelies are a good team and all, but when you have your full compliment of players back with Westbrook returning last week & Durant returning tonight, and already behind the 8 ball with a 5-12 record, these are games the Thunder can ill-afford to lose.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 PM

9,854 posts, read 7,595,788 times
Quote:

I know the Sixers are winless, but the Pistons may very well be the worst team in basketball. It's a neck-and-neck race between them, the Sixers, Hornets & Knicks. With the Pistons & Knicks losing tonight I think those 4 have combined to lose something ridiculous like 40 in a row. Actually, when you combine the Celtics in that as well (5 straight losses after tonight) the bottom 5 teams in the East have combined to lose 45 straight games. Can we just send the top 5 in the East this year and give the final 3 Eastern spots to Western teams?? Dallas with a .737 winning % sits at 6th in the West, but would be #2 in the East. No wonder Cuban wants realignment.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:42 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,058,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I know the Sixers are winless, but the Pistons may very well be the worst team in basketball. It's a neck-and-neck race between them, the Sixers, Hornets & Knicks. With the Pistons & Knicks losing tonight I think those 4 have combined to lose something ridiculous like 40 in a row. Actually, when you combine the Celtics in that as well (5 straight losses after tonight) the bottom 5 teams in the East have combined to lose 45 straight games. Can we just send the top 5 in the East this year and give the final 3 Eastern spots to Western teams?? Dallas with a .737 winning % sits at 6th in the West, but would be #2 in the East. No wonder Cuban wants realignment.
I will make the same argument that I always make about realignment and reformatting divisions, etc., the bigger issue is the ineptitude of the GM for these teams. The Sixers are purposefully losing, Detroit added two me-first type player in Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith a couple of years ago that make it impossible to build chemistry, New York is in the process of rebuilding, and Charlotte not only lost Josh McRoberts but that also added Lance Stephenson who appears to cause locker room issues on teams (see Indiana's team in 2nd half of last year).

The point is, at some point, at least some of these teams are going to figure out how to build a winning roster and it's going to make realignment pointless. The reason why the league is so imbalanced is because there are so many people in front office positions that have no idea what they are doing and it just so happens that most of them are in the Eastern conference. This is such a horrible era of basketball because it seems as though very few teams are capable of constructing winning teams. The NBA clearly has a bigger issue which is why you have teams like the Spurs and the Heat/Cavs constantly going to the finals year after year. There is an issue with competitive balance and that starts from the top of these organizations.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:16 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,407,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The Wolves aren't very good either, but at least we beat the Lakers.

In fairness though, like four of our starting day starters have been or are injured/out the same game in numerous games recently. Martin, Pec, Young, Rubio were all out in recent games. ****ing disgusting how plagued we've been with injuries the last several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball