Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 07:19 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yes good seems more accurate but the media was acting like he was Phil Jackson.
My comment was really just a dig at the Sacramento Kings and their Game of Thrones management style and not an endorsement of Karl being some sort of savior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
worst season for injuries in the NBA

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose will undergo surgery to repair torn meniscus; timetable uncertain - ESPN Chicago

Old 02-24-2015, 11:41 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,051 times
I'm pretty confident to predict either the Grizzlies or Thunder will represent the West in Finals assuming both teams stay relatively healthy. I'm inclined to think it will be the Grizzlier because they'll have home court, but the Thunder now look really scary after the trade (at least if Durant can effective when he returns from injury). Neither team seems to have any major weaknesses.

It looks like either the Hawks or Cavs (sigh) will represent the East. At this point it seems like a toss-up. The Cavs have been playing exceptional well and the Hawks have had a slight drop-off lately that was probably inevitable. The Raptors also have a decent chance, but seem like kind of a long-shot. At this point I'd say it looks like a toss-up between the Hawks and Cavs.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I'm pretty confident to predict either the Grizzlies or Thunder will represent the West in Finals assuming both teams stay relatively healthy. I'm inclined to think it will be the Grizzlier because they'll have home court, but the Thunder now look really scary after the trade (at least if Durant can effective when he returns from injury). Neither team seems to have any major weaknesses.

It looks like either the Hawks or Cavs (sigh) will represent the East. At this point it seems like a toss-up. The Cavs have been playing exceptional well and the Hawks have had a slight drop-off lately that was probably inevitable. The Raptors also have a decent chance, but seem like kind of a long-shot. At this point I'd say it looks like a toss-up between the Hawks and Cavs.
Yep, they look like the two Eastern powers with Rose gone.

And though a fan, I agree that Raptors have a chance but they're unlikely to come out of the East. Advancing to the 2nd round would still be considered an achievement.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post

The Cavs have not been playing exceptionally well, but they have been playing better.

A lot of what you are seeing was a schedule that was REALLY hard and then REALLY easy and it made things look worse than they were....and then perhaps better.

I think they are still on the upswing, but like Lebron's first year in Miami....I don't think Cleveland will reach thier full potential in this first year together....but that might still be good enough to make the finals.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:20 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
At this point let's see a Golden State-Atlanta final.

Wolves bringing back Garnett...not sure what that's going to do in the next couple years. If we aren't playoff bound by next season I'm gonna be pissed.

Serves him right for being a pompous, lazy greedy -ss punk. Chicago should wash their hands of his attitude.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
I don't find anything intriguing about a Atlanta/Golden State NBA Finals

It has to be Cavs/Warriors or Hawks/Spurs

Old 02-25-2015, 08:02 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:

I do: they never get to the finals, and it would really stick it to the consolidation-of-power elite structure of the NBA (The 'Big Three" super teams crap that is so problematic in the league) and that in itself is good enough for me.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Serves him right for being a pompous, lazy greedy -ss punk. Chicago should wash their hands of his attitude.
Where do you even come up with this garbage?

He freakin' hurt is knee, he's not refusing to play over demands for a new contract or whatnot.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:

Why not? I'm curious to hear your rationale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball