Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,999,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All-Star news - Patrick Beverly subbing for John Wall in the skills competition. That's a pretty big drop in the skills area.
Yeah Wall is tired. He has been battling migraines and a sore ankle for a couple of weeks now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 12:16 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,664,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
The Sacramento Kings are getting closer to signing George Karl for head coach. Current interim head coach, Tyrone Corbin, replaced Mike Malone early in the season. The front office is a disaster. The new owner doesn't know basketball and word is Chris Mullen is giving the owner bad advice. The Kings had a very promising start to the season and they finally had a coach that new how to teach and who emphasized defense- something completely foreign in Sacramento for almost a decade. The front office/ownership were foolish in terminating Malone. They actually thought the team had enough talent to win under Corbin.

Rumor is that George Karl will take over as head coach after the All Star Game. He'll have about 10 days or so before his first game to organize and meet players and so on. Hopefully the front office learned its lesson and they let the coach do his thing.

-Cheers.
If this is the path that Sacramento is going to take in terms of running the team, we might as well just start calling them Knicks West.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:22 PM

939 posts, read 796,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
If this is the path that Sacramento is going to take in terms of running the team, we might as well just start calling them Knicks West.
Karl is a proven winner. Sounds like the people running the organization are not, however. The Kings need some stability- it'll be a long climb with the West being so tough. I hope they'll stick with him, and let him control player personnel moves. In Atlanta, Coach Bud running the team w/o any real interference is a huge reason we are winning. He gets "his" players, and gets rid of those that don't fit- see Joe Johnson, and Josh Smith.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:05 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Even Rose called them out a while back on this.
A guy who is saving himself and worried about feeding his family (paraphrase).

NBA is a league awash with real pieces of work to say the least.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 PM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
A guy who is saving himself and worried about feeding his family (paraphrase).

NBA is a league awash with real pieces of work to say the least.
You mean guys that beat their wives and murder people?

Oh wait, my bad....I thought you wrote NFL.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times
I know I'm not the only one who is shocked the Clippers beat the mavs and rockets without Blake griffin.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 PM

14,700 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Well, the Mavs didn't have Ellis, Chandler or Rondo for their loss, so I'm not too shocked. I think the Clippers (minus Griffin) and Rockets are about even talent-wise...LAC has Jordan, Paul & Crawford while HOU has Howard, Harden & Ariza. I really don't rate either team too highly because they have no bench, and Houston only gets so much press because of their two superstars.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:21 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well, the Mavs didn't have Ellis, Chandler or Rondo for their loss, so I'm not too shocked. I think the Clippers (minus Griffin) and Rockets are about even talent-wise...LAC has Jordan, Paul & Crawford while HOU has Howard, Harden & Ariza. I really don't rate either team too highly because they have no bench, and Houston only gets so much press because of their two superstars.
I guess I'm shocked because they seemed to be losing every game when griffin was there so now that he is out and they won 2 games in a row made their wins shocking. Lol

Old 02-12-2015, 06:02 AM

14,700 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Maybe they have a PF who can actually rebound and play defense? Who knows

Old 02-12-2015, 08:13 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,999,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Maybe they have a PF who can actually rebound and play defense? Who knows
Hmm...interesting isn't it, although Spencer Hawes isn't really a great defender himself. It's starting to make you question that MVP talk from last year, but we will see if they keep it up. I will admit though, the Rockets played a grueling game the night before against the Suns. Not surprised they struggled last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball