Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 12:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So all the top teams in the East lost tonight except for Cleveland

Hawks
Bulls
Wizards
The Raptors didn't lose.

And they're #2.

Thank you for overlooking them.

Hope the rest of the league follows your lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,005,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
When the Thunder are healthy they're quite formidable, but -even as a Spurs fan- it really looks like age might have finally caught up with Parker and Ginobili. While I think they can get by without Ginobili, Parker is crucial.

For Parker and Ginobili mileage might the more significant factor. During the NBA off-season, both have played for their national teams for as long as I can remember. Duncan is still remarkably effective for a 38 year old big man, but during the off-season he hasn't played competitively for at least a few years.

I'm a major Duncan fan, and love the Spurs as a team, but this season could be the end of their remarkably long run as genuine title contenders. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
You may be right. This assumption that the Spurs can coast thru the season and turn it on in the playoffs is becoming very risky. They lost to the Clips and Warriors in the past two nights. I wathched the game last night and was a little surprised by how much quicker the Warriors are. The Spurs looked old.

With this being said, I would never count them out, but it looks as if age is finally getting to them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop to the 8th seed. They would have a very difficult time with Golden State in the first round of the playoffs. It may be over with their big three.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:43 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,997,059 times
Quote:
I will not watch another Wizards game on national TV the rest of this season. They confirmed tonight they are not worth watching they way they are getting beat down. How do you come off a long break and lose at home by almost 40?
You don't have your second leading scorer, you traded your back up point guard and your best bench player is out, that's how. Granted, the Wizards have played poorly for weeks but there were a number of other reasons why they lost that game that bad.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
You don't have your second leading scorer, you traded your back up point guard and your best bench player is out, that's how. Granted, the Wizards have played poorly for weeks but there were a number of other reasons why they lost that game that bad.
Thanks for letting me know now I can take them off my list for teams not to watch in the playoffs no matter who they are playing.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:39 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,306,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
You may be right. This assumption that the Spurs can coast thru the season and turn it on in the playoffs is becoming very risky. They lost to the Clips and Warriors in the past two nights. I wathched the game last night and was a little surprised by how much quicker the Warriors are. The Spurs looked old.

With this being said, I would never count them out, but it looks as if age is finally getting to them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop to the 8th seed. They would have a very difficult time with Golden State in the first round of the playoffs. It may be over with their big three.
In the Clippers game CP3 absolutely carved them up in the first half. I agree in terms of overall team speed the Spurs seem to have lost a step or two this season. I also agree they seem older than I've ever seen them before.

It'll be interesting to see how the Warriors do in the playoffs. I'm skeptical because they have no inside presence for rebounding, interior D, or post-scoring. They have enough scoring, speed, and perimeter D to partially overcome this, but I still think it will be a major problem in the playoffs. The same is true for the Hawks, but they at least have some size up front - not much, but some.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:59 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,997,059 times
Quote:
Thanks for letting me know now I can take them off my list for teams not to watch in the playoffs no matter who they are playing.
They will probably get out of the first round depending on the match up but they won't get past that, barring a miracle.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:09 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,005,977 times
]It'll be interesting to see how the Warriors do in the playoffs. I'm skeptical because they have no inside presence for rebounding, interior D, or post-scoring. They have enough scoring, speed, and perimeter D to partially overcome this, but I still think it will be a major problem in the playoffs. The same is true for the Hawks, but they at least have some size up front - not much, but some.[/quote]

It all depends on Andrew Bogut. I live in Milwaukee and watched Bogut throughout his early career with the Bucks. He was on the verge of All Star level center until he injured his elbow. He hasn't been the same since, but when healthy he can be very productive. An excellent defender and decent rebounded and a better offensive player than many realize. His problem is staying healthy. He looked good against the Spurs. Looks thinner, quicker and ran the court well. Also, had a few lob dunks during the game. He is the key for the Warriors. If Bogut and David Lee are both healthy come playoff time - look out.

Golden State has IMO the best bench in the NBA with Andrea Ig, David Lee, Livingston, Barbosa and Maurice Sprights. Better than many starting lineups such as Philly, New York and others.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:41 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times
Heard the sad news about Bosh being out for the season after so many analysts had them doing some good things when they made that trade. The good thing is he is doing better and right now is all about his health since basketball is temporary.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 AM

78,517 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Bosh out means that 4 crappy eastern teams hanging around .400 just got their window of oppportunity to get executed in the first round by somebody like Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago etc.

Celtics, Indiana, Detroit or Charlotte....no offense but that's just sad.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:09 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,150,159 times
I'm pulling for Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball